THE ERA OF TRUMP

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 09, 2018 1:19 pm

I guess the Roman Senate were post-modernists, then, since they coined the term in the first place.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed May 09, 2018 1:33 pm

I am completely aware that we are dealing with a war for words.
Perhaps, then, democracy should be about forms rather than a form or constitution; and, instead of an institutionalized process, it should be conceived as a moment of experience, a crystallized response to deeply felt grievances or needs on the part of those whose main preoccupation--demanding of time and energy--is to scratch out a decent existence. Its moment is not just a measure of fleeting time but an action that protests actualities and reveals possibilities.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 09, 2018 1:35 pm

Yeah, and I am fighting against the corruption of language. The word republic does NOT mean representative democracy, and a representative democracy is a kind of democracy.

Full stop.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 pm

DBTrek wrote:
BjornP wrote: Ah...well, I hate to be the one to point out which civilization came up with that whole Communism thing in the first place. And that China ain't exactly a planned economy these days.
Indeed.

People who waste time pointing out common knowledge to others do come across as rather challenged, mentally. Like when someone talks about living in a democracy and that one guy always chimes in "Actually, America is a representative republic", or when a group is discussing koala bears and that one guy jumps in with "Actually, koala's are marsupials", it's extremely pointless and annoying. I think some people feel that others view them as especially smart or informed when they behave like this. In actuality, the rest of us generally view that person as someone insecure in their knowledge, who very badly wants the rest of us to think they're smart.
/shrug
It may be "common" knowledge that Communism is Western Civilization, but since you did not show that knowledge, that's why I corrected you - the singular you.

While the pop psychology was entertaining, you should try and ditch your annoying go-to tactic of "everyone here thinks", "all here agree with me that", "the rest of us", etc. You've been over-using it lately. Even if it was real and everyone thinks as you do, you already know that the truth ain't democratic. Otherwise, good dig. Looks subtle, without being subtle.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 09, 2018 2:22 pm

You didn't correct anything.
You stated Iran wasn't communist when nobody claimed it was.

Correcting nobody isn't providing a service to anyone.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 09, 2018 2:38 pm

DBTrek wrote:You didn't correct anything.
You stated Iran wasn't communist when nobody claimed it was.

Correcting nobody isn't providing a service to anyone.
Nonsense. Only my first post was about Iran, because it looked like it was the Iran deal you were commenting. You posted:
You wrote:It’ll be something to behold.
Europe can make it’s choice - they still part of western Civ, or is Communism their next destination.
Then, yeah, I thought that was about Iran, but then when you pointed out you had responded to a different subject, I pointed out the error in the underlined segment here:
I wrote:Ah...well, I hate to be the one to point out which civilization came up with that whole Communism thing in the first place. And that China ain't exactly a planned economy these days.

That said, in terms of quality... I'd still prefer more American than Chinese trade.
The "Ah...well.." part is me acknowledging you were speaking about China. But even your point about China, was nonsense and 2nd post addressed that. China is already the US' largest trading partner. You didn' turn, and aren't turning, Communist because of it, so even if Europe decided to cut ties with you and trade more with China... no logical reason to suspect Europe would suddenly fall in love with Communism, one-party rule and other lovely Chinese things. So your post:
You wrote:It’ll be something to behold.
Europe can make it’s choice - they still part of western Civ, or is Communism their next destination.
..is completely removed from reality. "Everyone's" reality, even.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Which modern Western civilization is communist?

If your answer is “none”, then there’s no problem with the statement “Europe can make it’s choice - they still part of western Civ (of which none are communist), or is Communism their next destination”.

Seems like you really want me to be wrong about something, so you’re adding a lot of attributions to my statement that I never made. Nowhere did I address the origins of Communism. Nowhere did I call Iran communist.

That inclines me to believe that you really want to appear as someone who possesses incredible knowledge, and they only way you can think of doing that is by “correcting” me on things I never said.

Maybe you have other reasons, but they’re not apparent from where I’m standing.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 09, 2018 4:08 pm

DBTrek wrote:Which modern Western civilization is communist?

If your answer is “none”, then there’s no problem with the statement “Europe can make it’s choice - they still part of western Civ (of which none are communist), or is Communism their next destination”.

Seems like you really want me to be wrong about something, so you’re adding a lot of attributions to my statement that I never made. Nowhere did I address the origins of Communism. Nowhere did I call Iran communist.

That inclines me to believe that you really want to appear as someone who possesses incredible knowledge, and they only way you can think of doing that is by “correcting” me on things I never said.

Maybe you have other reasons, but they’re not apparent from where I’m standing.
That's really not a correction that improved on your original statement, DB. Stick to using ladies mag pop psych babble to analyze yourself. I'm not the one who keeps feeling an urge to speak in plural terms when I'm really just relaying my own thoughts. "We all" would appreciate that, I'm sure. ;) It's telling that one can feel that that's a winning debating tactic, tbh...

And seriously, why continue to pretend that my argument with you is about anything Iran-related? It was only in the first post that I thought you were talking about Iran. I made that very clear, so the only reason you go on about it, would be because you're deliberately manipulating.

I don't "want" you to be wrong about something. You just are . Instead of getting offended at a little light-hearted joking around and making up psych babble insults, you can just go... "yeah, maybe that not really realistic, I know". You wrote something that was wrong in the post that I initially posted. For that matter, even your new post, still makes no sense.

And no. No modern Western civilization is Communist, which is irrelevent to any point I made, or whatever you were failing to make. Your idea stated above that Europe will turn "Communist", or will choose Communism, by being subject to trade restrictions from the US, presumebly because of their trade with one Communist country half a continent away, is... stupid, unfounded, nonsense without any relationship to the real world, or historical precedent. Or are you going to change your statement a third time, now...?

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed May 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:You might think that politics and the political are basically the same thing, but they don't.
Arguing with post modernists is like trying to nail steam to the wall...
I wouldn't bother.

How many post modernists do you imagine we have here on this forum anyways?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 09, 2018 5:16 pm

BjornP wrote:I don't "want" you to be wrong about something. You just are .
You write many long winded paragraphs on this claim without ever getting around to explaining what I'm wrong about.
So . . . either invent a new claim I never made to "correct", or get on with the business of citing what I'm wrong about.

Or, you know .. . just keep writing frustrated paragraph after frustrated paragraph oozing your raw emotions at me.
:lol: