Another School Shooting

DrYouth

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:12 pm

StCapps wrote:Politifact sucks, protip.
wikipedia wrote:While PolitiFact has won several awards, the site has been both praised and criticized by independent observers, conservatives and liberals alike. Both liberal and conservative bias have been alleged at different points, and criticisms have been made that PolitiFact attempts to fact-check statements that cannot be truly "fact-checked".[7][8]
Passes my sniff test.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:15 pm

DrYouth wrote:
StCapps wrote:Politifact sucks, protip.
wikipedia wrote:While PolitiFact has won several awards, the site has been both praised and criticized by independent observers, conservatives and liberals alike. Both liberal and conservative bias have been alleged at different points, and criticisms have been made that PolitiFact attempts to fact-check statements that cannot be truly "fact-checked".[7][8]
Passes my sniff test.
Well that's because you lean to the left, and so does politifact. Cherry picked fact checking to make the left look good, that's their game. If that passes your smell test, that says more about you than it does about politifact. All those fact checking sites are mostly biased bullshit, you should be aware of this.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Aside from the hypocrisy of these people wanting to ban things they don't personally own or care about, while defending much more dangerous cultural practices they do partake in, another form of hypocrisy really pisses me off: alienation.

The people who constantly signal about how we need to ban guns are the same people who want to shame, isolate, and alienate anybody who doesn't share their worldview. They are exactly the nasty little shitheads in schools, and their do-nothing teacher enablers, who create the very conditions that spawn this kind of violence in the first place.

Look in the fucking mirror, people. This shit happens because our society is sick sick sick. Our values are completely fucked these days. Our communities are disentegrated and in tatters.

I mean.. you people. You constantly harp on some of us for criticizing one group or another, or having a "mean" tone, but I shit you not the number one isolaters and alienators in our society are fucking leftists.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:08 pm

You are the only person here talking about banning all guns.
It's as if you see no nuance.
Time you stopped seeing everything in black and white and joined the rest of us in the world of colour.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:32 pm

What is the nuance from the pro gun control side? I've seen suggestions like longer waiting periods, more background checks, mental health screenings, additional ammo taxes and smaller magazine sizes, which are all debatable, but I have to ask would any of those nuanced solutions have stopped any of the shootings we've seen?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:37 pm

I don't get the sense that people on the left realize how alienating and disintegrated our society has become. I shit you not, if you want to address teens going on killing sprees head on, you had best address social isolation. Not guns. They can use a truck, or a bomb, or a chemical. You need to look at the isolation that causes this -- and that's what does it, guys.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:38 pm

pineapplemike wrote:What is the nuance from the pro gun control side? I've seen suggestions like longer waiting periods, more background checks, mental health screenings, additional ammo taxes and smaller magazine sizes, which are all debatable, but I have to ask would any of those nuanced solutions have stopped any of the shootings we've seen?
Australia seems to have good results from gun control legislation put in place in the 90s.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... ol/541710/
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:39 pm

LOL fuck Australia.

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Alcohol kills at around 10,000 Americans every year just in DUI crashes.

When are we going to ban alcohol?

I don't drink alcohol, so fuck it. It's easy for me to point to the fact that tens of thousands of Americans are dying every year from this poisonous substance that nobody needs outside of controlled scenarios. You don't need alcohol just to eat your meal at a restaurant. You can get by with iced tea or soda. I have decided this for you because I don't drink and it doesn't affect me to one bit to ban your alcohol.

Think of the children.
Who is suggesting we ban alcohol? But we do regulate it carefully, and you can buy an AR-15 style weapon years before you can legally drink.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:06 pm

ooky wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Alcohol kills at around 10,000 Americans every year just in DUI crashes.

When are we going to ban alcohol?

I don't drink alcohol, so fuck it. It's easy for me to point to the fact that tens of thousands of Americans are dying every year from this poisonous substance that nobody needs outside of controlled scenarios. You don't need alcohol just to eat your meal at a restaurant. You can get by with iced tea or soda. I have decided this for you because I don't drink and it doesn't affect me to one bit to ban your alcohol.

Think of the children.
Who is suggesting we ban alcohol? But we do regulate it carefully, and you can buy an AR-15 style weapon years before you can legally drink.
3 years, 3 whole years. Dont overexaggerate it doesn't help.