THE ERA OF TRUMP

DBTrek

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:25 am

The judge presiding over the Michael Cohen case was once in the running to be Bill Clinton's attorney general, trained to be a Playboy bunny, and officiated George Soros' wedding

https://amp.businessinsider.com/kimba-w ... ssion=true
The swamp runs deep.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:31 am

DBTrek wrote:
The judge presiding over the Michael Cohen case was once in the running to be Bill Clinton's attorney general, trained to be a Playboy bunny, and officiated George Soros' wedding

https://amp.businessinsider.com/kimba-w ... ssion=true
The swamp runs deep.
Deep and more than two centuries back. If we could have printed copies of Marbury v. Madison when it was issued and sent them back in a time machine about 16 years to Philadelphia, that whole lifetime tenure for haints like this Miss Judge Playboy Bunny would have never happened.

edit: This sentence was even worse the first time.
Last edited by Fife on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 am

Fife wrote:

Deep and more than two centuries back. If we could have printed copies of Marbury v. Madison when it was issued and sent them back in a time machine about 16 years to Philadelphia, that whole lifetime tenure for haints like this Miss Judge Playboy Bunny would have never gotten lifetime appointments.
Lol - I'm hoping you'll weigh in on this topic and this is what you give? Can you translate that?
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:49 am

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote:

Deep and more than two centuries back. If we could have printed copies of Marbury v. Madison when it was issued and sent them back in a time machine about 16 years to Philadelphia, that whole lifetime tenure for haints like this Miss Judge Playboy Bunny would have never gotten lifetime appointments.
Lol - I'm hoping you'll weigh in on this topic and this is what you give? Can you translate that?
That was not good on my part. Multitasking is not my strong suit. I edited it so that it is at least an English sentence. My point is about how the decision in the Convention to make Article III federal judges lifetime appointees looked good at the time, as far as insulating them from politics is concerned. However, Chief Justice John Marshal changed the game in 1803 forever with Marbury. For all of our history since, we've had scoundrels like Roger Taney, O.W. Holmes, Jr., and a string of other judges who were simple political animals (and lots of others who thought themselves to be virtuous oracles in spite of reality). This floozie Playboy bunny-Soros hoe is just the latest example.

tl;dr: if the framers of the Constitution could see the news today, they would have never given these black-dresses lifetime appointments; and they would have surely tightened up the language on judicial review.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 am

She sounds like presidential material.

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 am

Thank you for the clarification. Are you buying the story that it could be an illegal campaign contribution intended to influence an election two weeks out?

It definitely smells witch-hunt~y, but my question is, is this unprecedented?

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Kath wrote:Thank you for the clarification. Are you buying the story that it could be an illegal campaign contribution intended to influence an election two weeks out?

It definitely smells witch-hunt~y, but my question is, is this unprecedented?
Its certainly possible that the hush money sent to Stephanie Clifford counts as a undisclosed campaign contribution.
Though there a examples a plenty of people making said payments for similar without being in the middle of a campaign.
Its also possible that much money could be interpreted as a taxable gift to Trump that should have been disclosed, and so Al Capone style tax evasion.

But the glaring hypocrisy of how Hillary was allowed to turn over whatever she deemed appropriate versus raiding the lawyer and taking everything then the government deciding what should be seen... all while forcibly disclosing other unrelated client relationships...

To put it quite simply, its completely arbitrary, byzantine law.

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:43 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Its certainly possible that the hush money sent to Stephanie Clifford counts as a undisclosed campaign contribution.
Though there a examples a plenty of people making said payments for similar without being in the middle of a campaign.
Its also possible that much money could be interpreted as a taxable gift to Trump that should have been disclosed, and so Al Capone style tax evasion.

But the glaring hypocrisy of how Hillary was allowed to turn over whatever she deemed appropriate versus raiding the lawyer and taking everything then the government deciding what should be seen... all while forcibly disclosing other unrelated client relationships...

To put it quite simply, its completely arbitrary, byzantine law.
Thanks, Nick. Makes perfect sense. Just wrote a rather large check to Daddy G, so I'm extra angry about this, now. :lol:

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Kath wrote:Jacksonville is pretty red, and there's a military base there.

Absolutely stunned that military flags could be banned by zoning laws, there. Huh?
Honestly, I can see flags being controlled by zoning because people will abuse the freedom. Those flags could just as easily be used to advertise for their business which is why I am sure that restriction is in place. Prob a reg against street signage and people got around by flying a bunch flags...why are we upset by this, we are communist after all.

“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:50 pm

kybkh wrote:
Honestly, I can see flags being controlled by zoning because people will abuse the freedom. Those flags could just as easily be used to advertise for their business which is why I am sure that restriction is in place. Prob a reg against street signage and people got around by flying a bunch flags...
Abuse the freedom to .... fly a flag? :think: I don't even know what to say about that. Stunning.