THE ERA OF TRUMP

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:06 am

Truthfully, it's boring responding to ridiculous neocon talking points that we all have heard on television for the past twenty years. Yeah, I get it. I have heard it over and over. Maybe go learn economics and get back to me.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:07 am

You guys are asking how rigging the system is going to affect an already rigged system??

How can you answer that question? There are no independent variables.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Truthfully, it's boring responding to ridiculous neocon talking points that we all have heard on television for the past twenty years. Yeah, I get it. I have heard it over and over. Maybe go learn economics and get back to me.
As a federally licensed importer, I'm certain I know more than some keyboard warrior such as yourself.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:10 am

Please. I was talking about DB, who's knowledge of economics literally begins and ends with a single Thomas Sowell partisan book. He didn't even know the difference between macro and micro demand curves.

I never said you couldn't argue in support of suicidal trade deals. I said I grow tired of arguing against Fox News talking points. If your idea of economic sophistication is what I would hear on Sean Hannity, then you are wasting my fucking time. No thanks.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:11 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Truthfully, it's boring responding to ridiculous neocon talking points that we all have heard on television for the past twenty years. Yeah, I get it. I have heard it over and over. Maybe go learn economics and get back to me.
I’ve learned enough economics to understand that tethering domestic production to artificially inflated commodity prices (driven by tariffs) results in higher costs and lower demand. Lower demand leads to fewer workers being necessary to fill production quotas.

If that’s “neocon” voodoo I’s sure like to hear the erudite explanation on how artificial price inflation is actually going to lead to higher demand. Please teach me that trick, so I can jack prices to infinity while demand follows it ever upward. Throw us proletariat a crumb of knowledge, Obi-Wan.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 am

kybkh wrote:You guys are asking how rigging the system is going to affect an already rigged system??

I am certain it will benefit the riggers.

Though it does appear that we have got some of the riggers at odds with some of the other riggers, so there might be a way to benefit from a "balance of the rigging powers" system.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 am

/yawn

You don't know anything about economics that Sowell doesn't want you to know about. You are basically a Fox News junkie at this point when it comes to economics.

Boring.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 am

nmoore63 wrote:
kybkh wrote:You guys are asking how rigging the system is going to affect an already rigged system??

I am certain it will benefit the riggers.

Though it does appear that we have got some of the riggers at odds with some of the other riggers, so there might be a way to benefit from a "balance of the rigging powers" system.

Sounds Riggerdly
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:18 am

StA lies about my confusing macro and micro economics. And the more he posts, the more I’m inclined to believe he doesn’t have a minor in economics at all. Who else can drag a simple discussion out this long with nothing but repeated attacks on my assertions, and regurgitating Wikipedia knowledge on different schools of economics?

Let’s be real - StA thinks basic economic principles are “neocon” voodoo. He thinks (as a supposed economics minor) that tariffs and protectionism is going to reignite American manufacturing. He can’t even explain how tariffs benefit an economy, which should be fairly simple for someone claiming a superior education.

I submit that StA has demonstrated *less* than one 689 page book of economic knowledge. I predict his trend of non-answers and baseless attacks will continue though, because if he had any actual economic wisdom to share surely we would have heard it by now.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:26 am

I don't lie. Somebody was talking about the effect of these trade deals on the economy (offshoring of manufacturing, lower prices, less jobs, destroyed middle class), and you proceeded to reply to him with some sarcastic nonsense using micro-demand curves as an example.

You are operating at the Fox News level, and some of us actually studied these things in university (not an agricultural university either).

In any case, I guess we will find out if Sowell is right! Tariffs are back baby! LOL