Current US Military

DBTrek

Re: Current US Military

Post by DBTrek » Thu May 13, 2021 5:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:00 pm
sniping is about more than shooting, I've never met a female soldier who could have passed the sniper course
The German army did.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pm

DBTrek wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:55 pm
the message was you are engaging in fallacies as your core argument

the noteworthy and feared militaries aren't noteworthy or feared because of having chicks in the front lines
I didn't claim they were. I offered the empyrical observation that none of the major militaries on earth are male-only. And the few male-only militaries on earth are regularly rolled by everyone around them. An observation isn't a statement of direct correlation. If I say "it's hot outside, and the stock market is up" I'm not correlating the two.

But I'm not here to make you smarter.
You're supposed to do your own work on that front.
My observation stands.
Your complainy-pants pedantry falls.
oh so now admits to observing a distinction without a difference, the fallacy parade continues

your observation is irrelevant

at least this parade has chicks in the infantry though, right?
Last edited by StCapps on Thu May 13, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:04 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:01 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
sniping is about more than shooting, I've never met a female soldier who could have passed the sniper course
The German army did.
sniper in the professional context is more than just issuing a regular soldier a rifle with a scope on it

the physical demands of stalking alone disqualify 90% of male soldiers, the females aren't even close to making it

you can give GI Jane an M40, but if you say that makes her an elite Marine Scout Sniper, that's just not the case

you can carry the females if you have to, but they never make you an elite force
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu May 13, 2021 5:12 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pm
oh so now admits to observing a distinction without a difference
Not "admits", but "explains" the difference between observation and claiming a correlation to someone who should honestly know the difference by now.
And don't be jealous of my Army just because it has chicks, and you're still looking.
:P

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 13, 2021 5:16 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:12 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pm
oh so now admits to observing a distinction without a difference
Not "admits", but "explains" the difference between observation and claiming a correlation to someone who should honestly know the difference by now.
And don't be jealous of my Army just because it has chicks, and you're still looking.
having a more attractive military is of course lethal in war

I guess you are right after all DB, I never considered that obvious edge in combat
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:17 pm

at the end of the day I would decline to fight for any of the degenerate armies who put women on the front lines

Soviet, Israeli, Canadian, it doesn't matter

the whole point of military service is fighting for what you believe in

and I don't believe in putting women in the infantry

the fact that they were softer than warm baby shit and couldn't keep up was secondary to my moral qualms

ethically as well, they also ordered me to lie and say it wasn't a problem, when it was

it was utterly corrosive, everything became a lie, and it destroyed the once best small army in the world
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 13, 2021 5:34 pm

the military needs to change it's standards

to allow more cute, petite and curvy brunettes in

to shore up the decisive "more chicks Capps would want to fuck in the ranks" war fighting edge

make it happen America, don't just concede to that Israel
*yip*

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu May 13, 2021 6:38 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:17 pm
at the end of the day I would decline to fight for any of the degenerate armies who put women on the front lines

the fact that they were softer than warm baby shit and couldn't keep up was secondary to my moral qualms

ethically as well, they also ordered me to lie and say it wasn't a problem, when it was

it was utterly corrosive, everything became a lie, and it destroyed the once best small army in the world
I respect that, and you're a man of character for sticking with your ideals in spite of repercussions or prevailing trends.

For myself, I believe tech has changed more than just the factory assembly line.

Either way, ain't nobody here serving anymore, so at this point it's moot for ourselves.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:42 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:38 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:17 pm

I respect that, and you're a man of character for sticking with your ideals in spite of repercussions or prevailing trends.

For myself, I believe tech has changed more than just the factory assembly line.
again, I have no issue with a female controlling a drone swarm from a command bunker

morally I have an issue with putting women on the front lines in the close combat role

in addition, I found that the operational imperatives of close combat were actually reliant on male dominance

not the dominance of the male physically, the dominance of the hierarchy

that male dominance hierarchy is what makes Rangers, SEALs, Army Delta, women could not have generated that

women are perfectly suited for a supporting role

but at the tip of the spear, it's the brotherhood that binds it all together, that's why we fight for each other
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 13, 2021 6:53 pm

chicks in the rear with the gear ftw

at the tip of the spear, not so much

they can't hack it on the front lines
*yip*