THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:22 am

DBTrek wrote:Irrelevant to the point being made.
Forest has been missed for tree.
Point being, national security is not as steel dependent as being asserted by the protectionists, military grade steel is being supplanted by much more advanced materials ever more all the time, mostly just the navy which is using large amounts of steel, but even that is starting to shift to composites.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:24 am

Ah, I see where you’re going now.
Right.

Another fine point in addition to my steel-is-steel observation.
:clap:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:26 am

It's titled: "DB'S ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR THE 21st CENTURY".

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:29 am

DBTrek wrote:Ah, I see where you’re going now.
Right.

Moreover, even as the navy is using large amounts of steel, driving the price of steel up would not be good, because that drives the price of the ships up which means America ends up with fewer ships, so it would make the navy weaker not stronger.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:30 am

Zlaxer wrote:Image

Your plan to fight the 1%ers controlling all the food is to close off all access to other markets, genius.

Yeah. That’ll solve your food access problems. Lol.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:31 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Right.

Moreover, even as the navy is using large amounts of steel, driving the price of steel up would not be good, because that drives the price of the ships up which means America ends up with fewer ships, so it would make the navy weaker not stronger.

So we should build US warship with cheap and weak CN Steele? You do know they over saturate their steel with too much C to increase profits....but the resulting product is more brittle....

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:31 am

DBTrek wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:Image

Your plan to fight the 1%ers controlling all the food is to close off all access to other markets, genius.

Yeah. That’ll solve your food access problems. Lol.

I never said we had food access problems.....US makes a shit ton of food....I said the 1% can control the proles because they own most of the food producing land....

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:35 am

Take your genius idea of destroying the steel industry to the logical conclusion. We currently can't produce enough oil (another strategic resource) to meet our needs. What do we do about securing access to that strategic resource and what exactly do you think happens when those "poor Argentinian miners" decide to sell their steel to somebody else?

It's almost as if you can't think this shit through to the obvious logical conclusions. If you can't build and maintain warships, you are fucked as a world power. This is why Japan attacked us in 1941. It is why Germany occupied Norway.

Your argument is so idiotic that I am surprised I even bothered to respond. Whatever.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:37 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Right.

So we should build US warship with cheap and weak CN Steele? You do know they over saturate their steel with too much C to increase profits....but the resulting product is more brittle....
The assertion that the Americans steel industry is going to go under due to 2% of the steel in America coming from China is just hysterical blather, there's no danger of the US steel industry collapsing, the steel industry is just lobbying to try to get windfall profits here at the expense of the much larger steel consuming manufacturing industry.

They did this in 2003 and it backfired, the tariffs ended up driving the price of steel up, that caused job losses in the manufacturing sector larger than the entire US steel industry, so the Bush administration backed off, but now they're back with the new guy trying to run the scam again.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:39 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote: Moreover, even as the navy is using large amounts of steel, driving the price of steel up would not be good, because that drives the price of the ships up which means America ends up with fewer ships, so it would make the navy weaker not stronger.

The assertion that the Americans steel industry is going to go under due to 2% of the steel in America coming from China is just hysterical blather, there's no danger of the US steel industry collapsing, the steel industry is just lobbying to try to get windfall profits here at the expense of the much larger steel consuming manufacturing industry in the end.
You seem to think I only want to tarrif steel....I want everything tarriffed from that slave camp...stel is just a start...