THE ERA OF TRUMP

Montegriffo

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:44 pm

Just put 15% on the bill, call it a service charge and make sure your customers know about it before they order. Otherwise it's a hidden charge which is dishonest.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:47 pm

It's not dishonest. Everyone knows they make less than the federally mandated minimum wage and that they are expected to use the W9 form to claim their tax free earnings above the hourly wage. The only people that can't seem to grasp this are foreigners and African Americans.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:50 pm

Tax free earnings!! Who is going to pay for the roads?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:53 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Tax free earnings!! Who is going to pay for the roads?
It isn't tax free earnings. The IRS assumes that they get the 15% (or something similar, not sure the exact percentage) and expects them to pay taxes on that additional percentage on top of their stated wages.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:57 pm

Its not tax free. You're supposed to file a W9 to claim the earned income in tips. Of course hardly anyone does but the social security they would be paying into is going to be nonexistent in the future and fuck wealth redistribution anyway. Some people never bother filing taxes for their whole life. More power to them. Of course it's impossible to keep track of cash tips anyway. Somehow credit card tips are kept on file and can possibly fuck you however.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:57 pm

Haumana wrote:
It isn't tax free earnings. The IRS assumes that they get the 15% (or something similar, not sure the exact percentage) and expects them to pay taxes on that additional percentage on top of their stated wages.

It varies by state I think.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:04 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Haumana wrote:

It varies by state I think.
Shit, I had to go look it up.
Allocation of Tips
As an employer, you must ensure that the total tip income reported to you during any pay period is, at a minimum, equal to 8% of your total receipts for that period.
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-bu ... t-tax-tips

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:06 am

So if I take my truck to the garage does the mechanic rely on my tip to get paid? How about my dentist? Or is it just workers in the catering industry who have to put up with this bullshit?

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:14 am

Montegriffo wrote:So if I take my truck to the garage does the mechanic rely on my tip to get paid? How about my dentist? Or is it just workers in the catering industry who have to put up with this bullshit?
:lol: Nope. Nope. and Nope.
Catering is the provision of food services, typically in locations that are not restaurants, such as hotels or event venues.
https://www.statista.com/topics/2289/ca ... in-the-us/

So much to learn about the US culture, yet you seem so emotional about it.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:40 am