Social Justice Warriors Thread

C-Mag

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by C-Mag » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Yes. That's what freedom of speech means, TC. If you don't tolerate speech you hate, then you do not support free speech.
So allowing a teacher to say cops should be shot, but it’s not to say yell fire in a crowded theater... why?

Lol

He didn't say that,and the crowded theater thing doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

You might as well stop by Boston Antifa on the way home to get your skirt issued so you can fight "Nazis" this weekend.

I get what you are saying Doc, and I don't totally disagree. But I also believe if folks want to call for his job, they should
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:32 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
So allowing a teacher to say cops should be shot, but it’s not to say yell fire in a crowded theater... why?

Lol

He didn't say that,and the crowded theater thing doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

You might as well stop by Boston Antifa on the way home to get your skirt issued so you can fight "Nazis" this weekend.

I get what you are saying Doc, and I don't totally disagree. But I also believe if folks want to call for his job, they should
Surprise, surprise... freedom of speech goes both ways.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:34 pm

LOL

Did I say you should be punished for calling for him to be fired?

You are the one who doesn't want the freedom of speech.

And what JOY it will be to live in a society in which we all live in fear to openly discuss our opinions and politics lest somebody ruin our livelihoods. Fucking fantastic.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:LOL

And what JOY it will be to live in a society in which we all live in fear to openly discuss our opinions and politics lest somebody ruin our livelihoods. Fucking fantastic.
Freedom of speech is fine, veiled threats are not.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:08 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:LOL

Freedom of speech is fine, veiled threats are not.

There was no threat, and there exists no first amendment restriction on whatever the mob declares to be a "veiled threat". Get real. You sound like fucking Antifa.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Students offered extra credit to determine their level of ‘white privilege’
Students in a sociology class at San Diego State University can earn extra credit if they take a quiz to determine their level of “white privilege.”

Professor Dae Elliott offered the option to her sociology class students, a “White Privilege Checklist” that includes 20 questions that aim to illustrate that “racial privilege is one form of privilege.”

At the end of the quiz, students were also made aware of other forms of privilege, such as “gender, sexual orientation, class, and religion,” as well as asked to define any more types they can think of.

Students were instructed by Professor Elliott to add up their scores, with a higher score meaning they had a high level of privilege and a lower score meaning they had a lower level of privilege.

To earn the extra credit, students were told to also answer a series of questions given to them by the professor. They are: “Were you surprised by your score, or did it confirm what you already knew? Why is privilege normally invisible and what does it feel like to make it visible? Do you think this exercise is different for white students than for students of color? For black students than for Asian, Indian, Latino/a students, or other students of color?”

Asked about the offer, Professor Elliott told The College Fix via email that it’s a legitimate way to help students see things from multiple perspectives.

“Only through processes that allow us to share intersubjectively, weigh all of our perspectives according to amount of shareable empirical evidence can we approximate an objective understanding of our society,” she said. “It may never be perfect, in fact, I am sure we will always be improving but it is a better response if we are truly seekers of what is truth, what is reality. In a society that values fairness, our injustices that are institutionalized are often made invisible.”

The professor added that the exercise “asks my students to step out of their subjectivity, extend their understanding and begin to be a conscious part of understanding and hence gaining more power and agency to effect change.”

Not everyone agrees. Asked to weigh in, San Diego State University College Republicans President Brandon Jones said the assignment is divisive.

“This is another attempt by the Left, and Professor Elliot, to divide America,” said Jones, who is not in the class.

“The Left’s political goal is to ensure that minorities in America perpetuate that their primary problem is white racism. This only furthers the portrayal of minorities in America as victims and does nothing to help contribute to their advancement in society,” Jones said in an email to The College Fix.
Brainwashing.

And to think parents are actually making huge financial sacrifices to save money so they can pay to send their kids to listen to this sort of stuff.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:22 am

de officiis wrote:Students offered extra credit to determine their level of ‘white privilege’
Students in a sociology class at San Diego State University can earn extra credit if they take a quiz to determine their level of “white privilege.”

Professor Dae Elliott offered the option to her sociology class students, a “White Privilege Checklist” that includes 20 questions that aim to illustrate that “racial privilege is one form of privilege.”

At the end of the quiz, students were also made aware of other forms of privilege, such as “gender, sexual orientation, class, and religion,” as well as asked to define any more types they can think of.

Students were instructed by Professor Elliott to add up their scores, with a higher score meaning they had a high level of privilege and a lower score meaning they had a lower level of privilege.

To earn the extra credit, students were told to also answer a series of questions given to them by the professor. They are: “Were you surprised by your score, or did it confirm what you already knew? Why is privilege normally invisible and what does it feel like to make it visible? Do you think this exercise is different for white students than for students of color? For black students than for Asian, Indian, Latino/a students, or other students of color?”

Asked about the offer, Professor Elliott told The College Fix via email that it’s a legitimate way to help students see things from multiple perspectives.

“Only through processes that allow us to share intersubjectively, weigh all of our perspectives according to amount of shareable empirical evidence can we approximate an objective understanding of our society,” she said. “It may never be perfect, in fact, I am sure we will always be improving but it is a better response if we are truly seekers of what is truth, what is reality. In a society that values fairness, our injustices that are institutionalized are often made invisible.”

The professor added that the exercise “asks my students to step out of their subjectivity, extend their understanding and begin to be a conscious part of understanding and hence gaining more power and agency to effect change.”

Not everyone agrees. Asked to weigh in, San Diego State University College Republicans President Brandon Jones said the assignment is divisive.

“This is another attempt by the Left, and Professor Elliot, to divide America,” said Jones, who is not in the class.

“The Left’s political goal is to ensure that minorities in America perpetuate that their primary problem is white racism. This only furthers the portrayal of minorities in America as victims and does nothing to help contribute to their advancement in society,” Jones said in an email to The College Fix.
Brainwashing.

And to think parents are actually making huge financial sacrifices to save money so they can pay to send their kids to listen to this sort of stuff.
And the document is written in ComicSans

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:59 am

16: buy* not by

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:10 am

21: I can write a checklist without some cis white male shitlord imposing his white heteronormative grammar supremacy upon my work.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:57 am

pineapplemike wrote:16: buy* not by
Don't you love typos like that when something is supposedly written by the best and brightest?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session