THE ERA OF TRUMP

Fife

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Well, the Senate rules are going to give him a chance to step up Friday evening.

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:22 pm

If your boss told you, "Great job! You can keep doing this job for two more years!" would you change your work habits? They have literally no incentive to do a good job. Congress is in desperate need of some rapid attrition.
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:29 pm

It's just corruption. Doesn't matter how long you are in office.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:38 pm

LULZ

You get a fence, TSA gets a raise, and more corporate welfare. Oh, and fuck your data. :lol:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/22/whats ... ding-bill/
1) Border Security Falls Short

The legislation provides $1.571 billion for “physical barriers and associated technology along the southern border including to hire new border patrol agents and acquire new technology, aircraft, sensors, and non-intrusive inspection equipment,” according to a Republican Study Committee (RSC) document obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

That funding would include only $641 million for roughly 30 miles of new border wall security — under half of what the president asked Congress for previously. In total, Congress is providing grossly under the $25 billion the White House asked for construction of a border wall and enhanced border security.

According to RSC, that breaks down to:

$251,000,000 for roughly 14 miles of secondary fencing along the southwestern border in San Diego.
$445,000,000 for 25 miles of primary pedestrian levee fencing along the southwest border in the Rio Grande Valley Sector.
$196,000,000 for primary pedestrian fencing along the southwest border in the Rio Grande Valley Sector.
$445,000,000 for replacement of present fencing along the southwest border.
$38,000,000 for border barrier planning and design.
$196,000,000 for acquisition and deployment of border security technology.

Conservatives do not believe that level of funding is sufficient for securing the border and preventing illegal immigration.

2) Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)

Congress is proposing $79.2 million for the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC).

Conservatives have long labeled OPIC a slush fund and a means of “corporate welfare.” The conservative faction of House Republicans looked to target OPIC in 2015, calling it a “crony” capitalistic firm that exists solely for the purposes American investment in developing nations.

3) Fix NICS With No Concealed Carry Measures

The bill includes funding for legislation Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn put forth called “Fix NICS.”

Fix NICS requires the heads of federal agencies to submit semiannual reports to the Attorney General on how the agency is complying with federal NICS record system requirements.

The bill also includes grants to increase school infrastructure security and allows the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to research gun control as a health issue.

Conservatives could be upset because the bill does not include provisions for conceal carry.

4) CLOUD Act Without Committee Oversight

The bill includes the Clarifying Lawful Overseas Use of Data (CLOUD) Act. The Supreme Court is considering a case that addresses an issue at the heart of the CLOUD ACT: Whether tech companies have to comply with warrants issued for electronic communications stored abroad.

The House proposal would require electronic service providers to keep and disclose records regardless of whether those records are within or outside of U.S. borders if they are required by a warrant.

Conservatives, and others in Congress, will be upset that such brand privacy concerns are included in the omnibus without oversight.

5) Transportation Security Administration (TSA)

Congress is providing the TSA with $7.9 billion in discretionary funding, an increase of $114.6 million from 2017.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:46 pm

Fife wrote:Well, the Senate rules are going to give him a chance to step up Friday evening.
The Beltway is confident this thing is going to pass, so much so I'm not hearing a peep about a shutdown.................

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:58 pm

I’m still continually working on my answer.

But assume you were in the empire, where was the best place to be located from 200 - 700 AD

Rome?
Provincial capital?
Monastery?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:01 pm

nmoore63 wrote:I’m still continually working on my answer.

But assume you were in the empire, where was the best place to be located from 200 - 700 AD

Rome?
Provincial capital?
Monastery?

Sardinia.

It's not just a useful place to banish people. It has a huge wilderness. Some of the best beaches in the Med. Plenty of resources to get on with your life.

And pretty much nobody goes there.

Interesting side note: it looks like a great place to hide out from Western Civ Mark 3 collapse.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:04 pm

Rome?
Provincial capital?
Monastery?
Probably one of the Provincial Capitals. Greece has it pretty damn good through that period. When shit started to fall apart in Rome, they just slid over to the protection of Byzantium.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:10 pm

Markets down 10% so far this year, on awesome, best trade deals. #MAGA
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

Rome?
Provincial capital?
Monastery?

Sardinia.

It's not just a useful place to banish people. It has a huge wilderness. Some of the best beaches in the Med. Plenty of resources to get on with your life.

And pretty much nobody goes there.

Interesting side note: it looks like a great place to hide out from Western Civ Mark 3 collapse.
Looks nice; also I would give consideration for Malta, both in the 200-700 Roman / Byzantine / pre-Muslim era, and in the modern Mark 3 collapse era.