THE ERA OF TRUMP

Zlaxer

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:28 pm

They also teach identity theory in law schools these days....therefore, I self identify as someone who believes that CA is no longer a state - thus, it is no longer a state - there is no other option.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:31 pm

WASHINGTON — In a surprising rebuff to President Trump and Republican leaders, the House derailed a bill on Tuesday that would have given patients with terminal illnesses a right to try unproven experimental treatments.

The bill was considered under special fast-track procedures that required a two-thirds majority for passage, and it fell short. When the roll was called, 259 House members supported the bill, and 140 opposed it.

Most of the opposition came from Democrats, who said the bill gave false hope to patients and could actually endanger people dying of incurable diseases, because it would undermine protections provided by the Food and Drug Administration.

“By defeating this bill tonight, we protected patients and supported F.D.A.’s continued role in approving experimental treatments that may help save a patient’s life,” said Representative Frank Pallone Jr. of New Jersey, the senior Democrat on the Energy and Commerce Committee. “This bill should have never been on the House floor in the first place since it was only introduced today.”
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/u ... -bill.html

Remember that next time they say "my body, my choice".

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:35 pm

The people are no longer in charge
Account abandoned.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:18 pm

“...Could actually endanger people dying of incurable diseases...”

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Kath wrote:The people are no longer in charge
Can you point to any time in US history where the unwashed masses were actually in charge? Hint; never was the case.

The Constitutional Conventional 1787-1789; entirely a confluence of politically connected land owning entrenched interests, last time I checked.

Not a hippie commune and never was, who knew?

Note; government of, by, for, the people; nowhere in there does it actually say that the people would be "in charge", if they'd meant that, they would have said that, but the Founders were actually very precise, and well knew that there would be rabble rousers trying to assert that it meant "in charge", so they specifically did not include that caveat in the mix, to wit, there was and is a ruling elite, entirely by design.

Not permanent by design, not hereditary by design, but also not a hippie commune by design neither.

Now, I would submit, the Founders envisaged that ruling elite to be a meritocracy, in theory at least, none the less, merit would have been heavily weighted towards land ownership, captains of industry, and military commanders, which, pretty much has been the case all along.

Did they intend for an army of feckless malcontents ceaselessly ranting and raving about how hard done by everybody was from their mom's basement to be "in charge"? I would say not actually.
Nec Aspera Terrent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:25 am

nmoore63 wrote:“...Could actually endanger people dying of incurable diseases...”
Liberal logic on display.

They don't want a fully grown, mentally capable person who is terminally ill to be able to decide for themselves if they want to try an unproven, experimental drug. It's not like the doctor's are secretly going to start treating the patient. It's the informed choice of the patient.

Those same people will scream in your face that they should be allowed to end the life of an unborn baby without the baby having any choice in the matter. They scream "my body, my choice". First, the life you are ending has no choice. Second, the adult making the choice says they have a right to do whatever they want to their body, yet the terminally ill person must be a slave to the system.

Liberal logic. Two words that together don't make sense.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:50 am

Biden and Kerry also implicated in selling political favors for cash, as well as corruption and collusion with foreign governments (in this case, China).

https://nypost.com/2018/03/15/inside-th ... dens-kids/

That's what the democratic party is, folks.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:58 am

In a letter to House leaders, more than 75 patient advocacy groups, including the lobbying arm of the American Cancer Society, opposed the bill.
ACS lobbyists. Big Pharma wants to be your sole provider of snake oil.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 am

The label "patient advocacy group" is even more dishonest than the claim that teacher's unions fight for the best interests of students.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:20 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
WASHINGTON — In a surprising rebuff to President Trump and Republican leaders, the House derailed a bill on Tuesday that would have given patients with terminal illnesses a right to try unproven experimental treatments."
Do patients with terminal illnesses not have the right to try unproven treatments currently?

I'm fairly certain people with terminal illnesses have the right to find an Ayahuasca shaman under their own steam as the law stands today.

Or does this mean the right to force your doctor in the hospital to allow these unproven treatments to be implemented under their supervision in a state medical facility?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty