Total votes: 10

Fife

Re: MHF Democrat Primary Poll

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:10 am

WAPO is accusing her of being an apologist for Assad.
Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) talks often about her January 2017 trip to Syria, when she met Bashar al-Assad, toured Aleppo after it had been reduced to rubble (by the Assad regime), and interviewed Syrian civilians and the regime-approved “opposition,” who unanimously told her Assad was a better option for Syria than the “terrorists.”

But Gabbard never talks about her other trip — to the Turkish-Syrian border with a group of lawmakers in June 2015, when she met with authentic opposition leaders, victims of Assad’s barrel bombs and members of the volunteer rescue brigade known as the White Helmets. Their stories, which don’t support Assad’s narrative, never make it into Gabbard’s speeches on the campaign trail.

Listening to Gabbard, one might think the United States initiated the Syrian conflict by arming terrorists for a regime-change war that has resulted in untold suffering. But Gabbard knows better. She has heard the testimony of children who have been maimed and orphaned by the actual murderers, the Assad regime, but she chooses to ignore them.
“Like the Russians, Iranians and the Assad regime, Tulsi sees the Syrian people struggling for dignity as terrorists, despite the facts,” said Mouaz Moustafa, executive director of the Syrian Emergency Task Force, who was Gabbard’s guide on that 2015 trip.

That bias, combined with her long record of defending the Assad regime and parroting its propaganda, form the basis for the assertion Gabbard has “embraced and been an apologist for” Assad, as Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) said Wednesday post-debate on CNN. Harris also said she doesn’t take Gabbard seriously.

But Gabbard’s candidacy should be taken very seriously — not because she has a significant chance of being president, but because her narrative on Syria is deeply incorrect, immoral and un-American. If it were adopted by her party and the country, it would lead the United States down a perilous moral and strategic path.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... c7c0d979d5
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:11 am

LOL you are such an NPC faggot

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:19 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:11 am
LOL you are such an NPC faggot
Cool your jets flunkey, I'm just pointing out what the Post is saying. I make no comment about whether I agree.
Rather than attack me you could try telling me why they are wrong. :roll:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:41 am

Muh WaPo

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:49 am

OK, I see how this is going to go.
1) Attack Monte.
2) Attack free press.
3) Avoid the topic.

I'm starting to agree with this sentiment,
I've given up on any sort of reasonable political discourse, but not just online. I've given up on it planet-wide. I'm not sure what sort of masochists would be missing me on MHF, but if they get too lonely they can always type "Damn you're dumb. Like, really, really, dumb. Be quiet. -DBTrek" to themselves and probably achieve the same effect as if I were back in person (hahah). When you can sum up 90% of your forum responses in a single line like that, it's high time to go!

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:51 am

Womp Womp

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:53 am

Speaking of the topic, here's how the WaPo and the neocohens are wrong about everything. Everything.

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2019/07/26 ... oods-show/

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:02 am

Fife wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:53 am
Speaking of the topic, here's how the WaPo and the neocohens are wrong about everything. Everything.

Any chance of a synopsis to save me listening to several hours of broadcasts?

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:18 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:02 am
Fife wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:53 am

Any chance of a synopsis to save me listening to several hours of broadcasts?
https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html