Economics: The Value of "Price Gouging"

DBTrek

Re: Economics: The Value of "Price Gouging"

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:57 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:51 pm
In the 90's, a bunch of Rwandan Hutus (the Génocidaires) from the 1994 slaughter, were allowed to cross into the Congo by the UN and specifically France. They went to work targeting the Banyamulenge (the Congolese Tutsis) and this ended up causing a Civil War that put Mobutu who was about to die from pancreatic cancer out of power. The country is still dealing with the fallout from this today...
Damn.

On the plus side . . . I bet they don't get taxed much for roads, eh Fife?

:twisted: :lol: :twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:58 pm

That is why I keep telling him about his final destination. Paradise. There are no roads where Fife is going, when I become emperor.

No taxes. No regulations. Nada.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 pm

Maybe once the purges are done a few of the militias will get together and be like "You know what, we could all benefit from some roads up in this motherfucker".
And some other militia will be like "Hell yeah, we got some philanthropists over here that survived the wars, you got any over there?"
"A couple"
"Awesome, let's get our philanthropists together, give them some shovels, and tell them to dig some fucking roads up in this place"
"Right on!"

... and then there will be roads. Free ones. Ones that required no government, just some really helpful guys with nothing better to do.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 pm

That little dude needs to come out of the jungle and lay down some blues tracks. For real.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:13 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:57 pm
On the plus side . . . I bet they don't get taxed much for roads, eh Fife?
In Africa that's usually referred to as a French Benefit.

Keep sucking on the tailpipe I reckon. There has to be some fresh air down there somewhere.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:18 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 pm
Maybe once the purges are done a few of the militias will get together and be like "You know what, we could all benefit from some roads up in this motherfucker".
And some other militia will be like "Hell yeah, we got some philanthropists over here that survived the wars, you got any over there?"
"A couple"
"Awesome, let's get our philanthropists together, give them some shovels, and tell them to dig some fucking roads up in this place"
"Right on!"

... and then there will be roads. Free ones. Ones that required no government, just some really helpful guys slave labor with nothing better to do.
FTFY.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:19 pm

I need to revisit that video.

This dude is just sitting there talking about a well and shit while there is a musical prodigy right there jamming. I am pretty sure that little motherfucker is not a one-hit wonder. I shit you not, there are musicologists who travel to places like this in the hopes of finding what was right there on video.

How do you not realize this? They should have used their sound equipment to record his songs and get his story.

I know you fuckers didn't watch it. Go to half way into that video.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:23 pm

If you guys think about it, the Democratic Republic of Congo is kind of a paradox. If you are a Libertarian or AnCap, you can look at the especially corrupt Post-Belgian gov't to show how fucked up and kleptocratic the government can get. And this is a valid point. If you are for gov't, you can show the failed state, and high body count from warring militias, and show how fucked up that is without some kind of peacekeeping authority. And this is a valid point.
Shikata ga nai

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:07 pm
Tell that to the ferry guard crossing from Congo to DRC.
The thin veil of western civilization is kept in place by price gouging laws, sorry not buying it.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:20 pm

clubgop wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:14 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:07 pm
Tell that to the ferry guard crossing from Congo to DRC.
The thin veil of western civilization is kept in place by price gouging laws, sorry not buying it.
I was pointing out what happens without laws. Anti-Gouging are more a courtesy than anything real. Like I said, 2nd Amendment fixes it.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change