Re: I Am the Least Racist Person You Know

Post by K@th » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Cape Town is running out water.

https://futurism.com/cape-town-drought-day-zero/
Account abandoned.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:04 pm

C-Mag wrote: Ironically, few women or blacks even know who she was and she is not used as an example by the pour me crowd.
If it’s whiskey on tap, I’m a member of the ‘pour me’ crowd for sure.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Kath wrote:Cape Town is running out water.

https://futurism.com/cape-town-drought-day-zero/
Monte vindicated again with an assist from Smitty’s random stat.
Cape Town running out of water.
More whites in Capetiwn than anywhere in SA.
Whites are responsible for backward ass, shithole Africa.

Tell your friends.
:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:37 pm

DBTrek wrote:
C-Mag wrote: Ironically, few women or blacks even know who she was and she is not used as an example by the pour me crowd.
:lol:
Fucked by autocorrect again.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:45 pm

I ducking hate that feature.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm

One of the biggest losses for the poor whites in South Africa has been the downsizing and integration of the SADF and Armscor, used to be the number one employer in the country, a Military Industrial Jobs program on a per capita scale which dwarfed the Pentagon, the fascist Apartheid state took good care of its Legions, but now that has withered on the vine, and the South African rednecks are out of a guaranteed job for life.

The Recce Commandos & Co were at the top of the pecking order when the Boer were in charge, now those guys and their families are unemployed in the trailer park.

It's like Dixie after Appomattox, except there's no West for the Rebs to go to, to find their fortunes on the frontier, too many indians on this frontier, they got nowhere to go.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Heraclius

Post by Heraclius » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:17 pm

DrYouth wrote: Just wanted to point out that this is a great post.

Although I'm not agreeing with the idea that the West "took" 300 years form Africa... or anything like that...

The way I see it... is that the game Civilization puts this all into perspective...

If you play that game constantly worrying about the impact you are having on the competing civilizations... you are going to end up being another civilization's bitch.... but there are definitely benefits to not slaughtering the populations that you absorb into your civilization... keep them happy and your civilization will prosper.
You'd find the easiest way to win Diety difficulty is to bribe your neighbors into fighting one another so you can abuse their conflicts and get ahead in tech for a science victory. Got to make sure you don't bother your neighbors too much because one bad war and you will never be able to catch back up in tech. At least this is true for Civ5, haven't played any of the others.

Also I do agree that it's impossible to take anything from another civilization. The only laws history proves are the Fundamental Laws of Physics and that Might Makes Right. Moral readings and analysis are always contradictory and self-serving with a goal decided beforehand. Ethnic and national disputes go so far back that one can always find fuel to supplement a jingoistic mindset against nearly anyone which is why I imagine it was such a powerful tool in the national toolbox during the 20th century. You don't see Poland ready to declare war because Sweden hasn't returned the cultural icons they looted from Warsaw during the Deluge. At some point you just need to forgive and forget.

If there is one thing that is really ruining Africa that could be blamed on foreign powers, it would be the artificial borders and the refusal to let conflicts happen organically in order to fix the borders. It took the Old World, and even South America, several fairly bloody wars in order to determine the proper borders between nations. Africa and the Middle East are unique in the fact that a lot of their nations were created fairly artificially which perpetuates internal conflict and prevents any centralization which is required for a proper civilizing effort.

Really just need other continents to have their own proper 30 Year's War in my opinion. Attempts to coddle conflicts from getting too dangerous and stepping in to stop the worst excesses by dictators does nothing but prolong the misery later on. Rather than the common people getting sick of the fighting and killing soldiers on both sides, they run and become refugees elsewhere. The West is seen as the solution because the West has decided to take the role of world arbiter. Personally I feel with the moderate Syrians seeing "flee" as a solution means that no moderate will be able to take power in the area and ultimately one extremist is going to end up winning. The moderates during the French Wars of Religion won. The 30 Year's War destruction forced the Germans to create a revolutionary moderate solution.

Funny enough, the immigration debate was going on in 1700 in the British Isles over the German refugees. Those "Poor Palatines" were the ones that ended up being settled around Pennsylvania and other colonies.

http://www.exodus2013.co.uk/tag/thirty-years-war/

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pm

DBTrek wrote:
You're probably old enough for this one:

"How's it going Mr. Peterson?" "Poor." "I'm sorry to hear that." "No, I mean pour."

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Did someone post this?

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:05 pm

It's gonna be great, guys. Just keep signaling your "anti-racism".