Compelled Speech in Canada

Fife

Re: Compelled Speech in Canada

Post by Fife » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:17 pm

I just think you might be due to take a piss off the back porch.

:goteam: :drunk:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Fife wrote:I just think you might be due to take a piss off the back porch.

:goteam: :drunk:
Meh, I can just take a piss on Deo's weak shit nonsense peddling from right here, "but, but, prove me wrong, Smitty" <whizzes>
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Here is what makes the California law an idiotic and meaningless bit of signaling: just consider the conversations you have. How often do you use a third person pronoun referring to the person you are talking to? Almost godamn never is how often. Third person pronouns are a device used exclusively to refer to someone when speaking to someone else.

Making a law that controls what pronoun I use in reference to a person I am actively talking to is nonsense.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Here is what makes the California law an idiotic and meaningless bit of signaling: just consider the conversations you have. How often do you use a third person pronoun referring to the person you are talking to? Almost godamn never is how often. Third person pronouns are a device used exclusively to refer to someone when speaking to someone else.

Making a law that controls what pronoun I use in reference to a person I am actively talking to is nonsense.
It didn't come from Canada tho, that's just "Blame Canada" straight out of Southpark, where it comes from, it quite clearly the American Culture War, the Blue State Liberals vs. Jesusland, because the realpolitik, is that Jerry Brown and Co are quite obviously going after the Christian Conservatives here.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Here is what makes the California law an idiotic and meaningless bit of signaling: just consider the conversations you have. How often do you use a third person pronoun referring to the person you are talking to? Almost godamn never is how often. Third person pronouns are a device used exclusively to refer to someone when speaking to someone else.

It's not nonsense.

It's coercion.

You need to be reminded who is the boss of you, apparently. :think:

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

It didn't come from Canada tho, that's just "Blame Canada" straight out of Southpark, where it comes from, it quite clearly the AmericanCulture War, the Blue State Liberals vs. Jesusland, because the realpolitik, is that Jerry Brown and Co are quite obviously going after the Christian Conservatives here.
I don't think this is a Canada thing. This is a California lawmaker thing. They are trying to prove that they are standing up to Trumpism by making absurd laws that legislate something that doesn't ever actually happen.

/shrug
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Fife wrote:

It's not nonsense.

It's coercion.

You need to be reminded who is the boss of you, apparently. :think:
It is nonsense in the sense that it doesn't make a lick sense. Legislating speech is one thing. Legislating speech that is already prohibited by the syntax and grammar of the language you are legislating is nonsense.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

It didn't come from Canada tho, that's just "Blame Canada" straight out of Southpark, where it comes from, it quite clearly the AmericanCulture War, the Blue State Liberals vs. Jesusland, because the realpolitik, is that Jerry Brown and Co are quite obviously going after the Christian Conservatives here.
I don't think this is a Canada thing. This is a California lawmaker thing. They are trying to prove that they are standing up to Trumpism by making absurd laws that legislate something that doesn't ever actually happen.

/shrug
That's pretty much all that the CA legislature is doing right now. Its endless Anti-Trump virtue signaling.

This state needs Rocketman to lob a missile right on Sacramento. Mother Nature is trying to do it with the fires, but missed both Sac and SF just ever so slightly
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:45 pm

It's not even Trumpism, long predates Trumpism, the Blue State Liberals just use gays and trannies as a cudgel to beat their hated adversaries over the heads with, and those hated adversaries, are the Christians.

Christian Conservatives are the opposition, and at this point, they fill American liberals with rage and resentment, and any chance liberals have to take a shot at them, they'll take their shot, all they need is a fig leaf, and jamming the LGBTQ agenda down the Christians throats, is just the excuse they need.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:It's not even Trumpism, long predates Trumpism, the Blue State Liberals just use gays and trannies as a cudgel to beat their hated adversaries over the heads with, and those hated adversaries, are the Christians.
That's just standard social politics that have been going on for years. Now, whatever Trump does they waste some money and pass some law contrary to it
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session