THE ERA OF TRUMP

pineapplemike

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:29 am

Trump is certainly most in his element when he's doing campaign-type events and rallies, he's a hype man, similar to Obama but much less subtle. There were plenty of times the Obama administration would trot out the president to give a targeted speech in reaction to current events, gun shootings or whatever. I think ultimately they're always in campaign mode, atleast as far as pushing their own narrative, getting digs in on their opponents and supporting their party. Trump has taken it to a new level with Twitter obviously

I wish Netflix didn't have so many great comedy specials and a small handful of shows and movies I want to watch, otherwise I would have canceled a long time ago. Gotta see the new season of F is for Family though..

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:40 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
If Obama TV comes to Netflix, I may have to cancel by subscription.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 524b0d59c3
I like Netflix, a lot. The cool part is, I don't have to watch everything they throw up there! This is a non-starter - wouldn't even give it a few minutes to see what's up. It won't cause me to break with Netflix, though.
Account abandoned.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: It's about all that he's done for the past year. He still rambles and spouts ridiculous shit for applause, still holding 'rallies' all over the country at random, and firing staff, to give the illusion of accomplishing something.

You could certainly argue that Obama was similar, but not to this degree of weirdness.
Firing staff is campaigning? What politician doesn't spout shit for applause all the time? rallies all over the country at random. If it's random how is it campaigning? He actually has accomplished stuff, you just don't hear about much of it because the media only wants you to hear about the tweets and "scandals".
GrumpyCatFace wrote: Interesting idea, but yeah - probably just propaganda nonsense. I admit, I'd be pretty tempted to watch, just to get some idea of what the hell was really happening in the White House though.
You actually think you're going to get "what really happened in the White House" from his show when the media to this day still covers his ass with their lips? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:59 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: It's about all that he's done for the past year. He still rambles and spouts ridiculous shit for applause, still holding 'rallies' all over the country at random, and firing staff, to give the illusion of accomplishing something.

You could certainly argue that Obama was similar, but not to this degree of weirdness.
Firing staff is campaigning? What politician doesn't spout shit for applause all the time? rallies all over the country at random. If it's random how is it campaigning? He actually has accomplished stuff, you just don't hear about much of it because the media only wants you to hear about the tweets and "scandals".
GrumpyCatFace wrote: Interesting idea, but yeah - probably just propaganda nonsense. I admit, I'd be pretty tempted to watch, just to get some idea of what the hell was really happening in the White House though.
You actually think you're going to get "what really happened in the White House" from his show when the media to this day still covers his ass with their lips? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it’s possible to find some kind of insights, now that he’s out of office, yeah.

How are you lumping Netflix in with political “news” media? Have they shown some kind of bias in your opinion, or is it just “all television except Fox News”?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:04 am

I find Netflix insulting and nauseating. They cannot produce a single show any longer without the SJW propaganda embedded into almost every episode.

Most television and Hollywood is social conditioning and propaganda now. Dump the television. Seriously.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:06 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: How are you lumping Netflix in with political “news” media? Have they shown some kind of bias in your opinion, or is it just “all television except Fox News”?
I'm lumping Netflix in with media in general because Netflix is, well media. Didn't think I had to explain that to you. The Fox news comment shows what a biased liberal shit you really are.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:07 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I find Netflix insulting and nauseating. They cannot produce a single show any longer without the SJW propaganda embedded into almost every episode.

Most television and Hollywood is social conditioning and propaganda now. Dump the television. Seriously.
I don't watch more than an hour or two a week anyway, but I agree. I just don't have a problem with Netflix, per se. They're offering a hell of a lot more than cable tv ever did.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:09 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: How are you lumping Netflix in with political “news” media? Have they shown some kind of bias in your opinion, or is it just “all television except Fox News”?
I'm lumping Netflix in with media in general because Netflix is, well media. Didn't think I had to explain that to you. The Fox news comment shows what a biased liberal shit you really are.
Well, using the literal meaning of "media", I guess you could expand your disdain to every form of printed word or song, but I presumed to take your meaning as "political news". My bad, I guess.

Since Netflix doesn't do any 'political news' content, and Fox News is the only network consistently supporting Trump, and the only people screaming about "bias" are Trump supporters, you can see how I would draw the conclusion that your favored network is indeed, Fox News. Based on your knee-jerk "biased liberal shit" response, we can assume that I was correct.

#MAGA amirite?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:09 am

My current plan is to save up enough to replace the living room objects with things like a decent calisthenics bar, crash pads, standalone dip/parallel bars, stall bars on the wall where the television used to stand, and plenty of floor space for stretching and movement practice. Finally, in the corner will be a dedicated reading area.

Fuck television, it's bullshit SJW propaganda, and the fake, lying news it spreads.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:10 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I find Netflix insulting and nauseating. They cannot produce a single show any longer without the SJW propaganda embedded into almost every episode.

I'm noticing that more with Netflix lately. The Obama sow is just the next step. I know I can just skip over it, but there comes a point where I get tired of skipping over things like "dear white people", Chelsea Handler, etc... trying to find a show or movie I want to watch. They are reaching a tipping point with me. Streaming also has shit for current movies and once Disney pulls out in a year their streaming movie selection will take a nose dive.