THE ERA OF TRUMP

Viktorthepirate

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Viktorthepirate » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:14 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:Seems like Trump is pretty much a populist in similar veins as the ones in the late 1800s early 1900s. A lot of what he campaigned on and talks shit about won't be accomplished, but as long as there's 3%+ economic growth each year leading to the 2020 election the more likely he'll be reelected. Who knows though if any military or natural calamity will happen as well? Hopefully not. I think his administration will be more like Reagan and Clinton's scandals than Nixon. If the Dems push to much with too little they'll certainly lose again.
He's probably more of a Huey Long type figure.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:Seems like Trump is pretty much a populist in similar veins as the ones in the late 1800s early 1900s. A lot of what he campaigned on and talks shit about won't be accomplished, but as long as there's 3%+ economic growth each year leading to the 2020 election the more likely he'll be reelected. Who knows though if any military or natural calamity will happen as well? Hopefully not. I think his administration will be more like Reagan and Clinton's scandals than Nixon. If the Dems push to much with too little they'll certainly lose again.
He's probably more of a Huey Long type figure.
I agree in a way but really more a Crassus than any other singular politician I think of at the moment. My comparison with Reagan and Clinton is the scandals they were involved in and the fallout from them. Trump might be in a similar situation. More Iran Contra like than anything else.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:53 pm

DrYouth wrote:
DBTrek wrote:Not because I like the orange asshole (I don’t), but because the effect of having a political outsider president in DC has only improved the health of our lazy, complacent, insular, self-serving government.
Has it though?

I can't say I've seen a lot of evidence that it has...

I also haven't seen any convincing evidence that it has made anything worse... so there's that.

There is a lot of crowing about the end-times... and a lot of crowing about redemption...

But little evidence of either.
TRUMP OR REAGAN? Heritage Foundation Reveals Which President Had More Conservative First Year

The Heritage Foundation, widely viewed as a leading conservative think tank, revealed this week that President Donald Trump has enacted a more conservative agenda his first year in office than former President Ronald Reagan, as American policymaking has taken a sharp turn to the right.
  • The results, Heritage found in its review, exceeded even the first year of Ronald Reagan’s presidency, whose tenure has long been the conservative gold standard.

Heritage said that 64 percent of those items were enacted by the administration either through executive order or another means of enforcement, or included in Mr. Trump’s budget, which has not been voted on by Congress.

In Reagan’s first year, only 49 percent of Heritage’s wish list items were embraced by the president or enacted. At the time, Heritage identified a familiar problem for why the administration’s policies were wanting. In almost every federal agency, Heritage said in November 1981, “delayed appointments, unqualified or misqualified appointments, or the appointment of individuals who are not committed to the President’s goals and policies” had delayed or thwarted policy changes.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/26403/tr ... n-saavedra
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:00 pm

If Trump abolishes daylight savings time, will CNN come out defending it and claiming people will die if we don't set the clocks forward?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:37 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:If Trump abolishes daylight savings time, will CNN come out defending it and claiming people will die if we don't set the clocks forward?
That would be his greatest win as president, to this point.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:06 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote: That would be his greatest win as president, to this point.
:lol: An unprecedented meeting with North Korean leader and possible outcomes of that meeting would seem to overshadow that just a tad.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Haumana wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: That would be his greatest win as president, to this point.
:lol: An unprecedented meeting with North Korean leader and possible outcomes of that meeting would seem to overshadow that just a tad.
Kim always wanted to meet with POTUS, and be recognized as a government. This isn’t a “win” for Trump, unless he’s gotten something huge in return.

For the time being, I’ll be happy with 1 hour of daylight, and not wanting to murder everyone on Monday.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:20 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:[
Kim always wanted to meet with POTUS, and be recognized as a government. This isn’t a “win” for Trump, unless he’s gotten something huge in return.

For the time being, I’ll be happy with 1 hour of daylight, and not wanting to murder everyone on Monday.
Who says Trump can't get, or hasn't already gotten, something huge in return for making Kim's dreams come true? The upside seems to be a bit bigger than your happiness of more daylight and a calmer arbitrary day of the week. Interesting times indeed.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Haumana wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:[

Who says Trump can't get, or hasn't already gotten, something huge in return for making Kim's dreams come true? The upside seems to be a bit bigger than your happiness of more daylight and a calmer arbitrary day of the week. Interesting times indeed.
Potentially. This might also just be a pony show, for both of them. Kim gets legitimacy, and Trump gets another Iranian nuclear deal.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:51 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote: Potentially. This might also just be a pony show, for both of them. Kim gets legitimacy, and Trump gets another Iranian nuclear deal.
Why would he want a deal that he already publicly rejected?