THE ERA OF TRUMP

DBTrek

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by DBTrek » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:44 am

MilSpecs wrote:
DBTrek wrote:“Next is Putin”

That sounds like a sober, well informed, dispassionate analysis from a serious student of history, politics, and social evolution.

Thanks for the insight.
As opposed to "every little thing's gonna be alright?" "And then a miracle happens"?
As opposed to “Putin is not next, that’s a patently ridiculous assertion”.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 am

I guess there will be a lot of new jobs in the cossack police, whipping feminists on the street and so forth. Good times ahead.

Where's American Putin? I'm sold!
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 am

DBTrek wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
DBTrek wrote:“Next is Putin”

That sounds like a sober, well informed, dispassionate analysis from a serious student of history, politics, and social evolution.

Thanks for the insight.
As opposed to "every little thing's gonna be alright?" "And then a miracle happens"?
As opposed to “Putin is not next, that’s a patently ridiculous assertion”.
Everyone thinks bad things will never happen to them no matter how destructive their behavior. You can pig out on Trump from time to time without permanent damage. You can't have a steady diet of Trump food and stay healthy.

Shaking up the system vs. Destroying the country.
:royalty-queen:

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:54 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Given the near-unlimited power of the Executive though.. it's not as stupid as it sounds anymore. :think:
Near unlimited?!

Have you paid attention to how many times Barry O and Trump got stopped from doing what they wanted?
17 year wars, drone strikes on foreign soil, indefinite “detention” of anyone without due process, trade and immigration policy - all unauthorized by congress. The only thing they’ve even slowed down was a Trillion-dollar boondoggle on the border.

We have a near-monarchy.
Oh get the fuck out of here.

Foreign policy needs to be reigned in, it's not a fucking monarchy or anywhere close.

When Trump says " L'etat c'est moi" I'll listen to that nonsense.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:57 am

I remain solidly in the camp of no doomsday... no redemption in sight...

Hard to see how this outsider is accomplishing much beyond firing his own staff...

As to whether a strongman comes next... well the Rock is strong...

But ... way far from a Putin...

The main risk is that if nothing continues to change... as nothing appears to be changing under Trump...
The system will continue to not solve problems that will continue to accumulate... like debt for example
So far there is still give in the system.... but for how long?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:01 pm

I heard the sky was falling.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:02 pm

The country isn’t being destroyed bu a reality TV show president. It’s being destroyed by career politicians cashing in our national sovereignty for the short term approval of low-information voters.

Trump isn’t pushing the narrative of the US being a borderless nation where anyone who can squat our shores is welcome, those are career politicians.

Trump didn’t legislate that every American citizen must purchase private coverage from private medical insurers, that was career politicians.

Trump didn’t legislate an unaccountable surveillance state to carry out warrantless domestic spying. That was career politicians.

Trump didn’t sic the IRS on his political opponents or run guns to Mexican drug cartels, that was career politicians.

And on, and on, and on.

Spare me the “destruction of America If career politicians don’t maintain a lock on government” spiel. It’s insulting.
:roll:
Last edited by DBTrek on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Where do I sign up for the anti-feminist police jobs?

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 pm

I would agree that we can't have a string of Trumps. You can't have too many in a row of the clown not play by the rules politicians.

They erode the Rule of Law. But they are necessary when the Rule of Law becomes too corrupt.

I keep hoping Trump will grow into Hadrian.

Next we will need an Anastasia, but I don't think we have the stomach for it any more. It will take far more chaos to get us to that medicine. Will probably bounce around this way antebellum style until the next great calamity. But that's not all bad. I mean Pierce, Buchannon were terrible, but Polk was ok, and no talking shit about the notorious william henry harrison.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:38 pm

Seems like Trump is pretty much a populist in similar veins as the ones in the late 1800s early 1900s. A lot of what he campaigned on and talks shit about won't be accomplished, but as long as there's 3%+ economic growth each year leading to the 2020 election the more likely he'll be reelected. Who knows though if any military or natural calamity will happen as well? Hopefully not. I think his administration will be more like Reagan and Clinton's scandals than Nixon. If the Dems push to much with too little they'll certainly lose again.
The good, the true, & the beautiful