THE ERA OF TRUMP

StCapps

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:52 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:He has to build something that looks like a wall, in 2 years, or he’s out on his ass.
You overrate his competition. The bench is thin, and just any anti-Trump candidate isn't going to cut it.
/shrugs
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:54 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:He has to build something that looks like a wall, in 2 years, or he’s out on his ass.
That's what Kween Anne says. I don't think that would change my vote either way as so far his stance on immigration otherwise has been pretty good. DACA amnesty will lose my vote though. I think he's threading the needle rn but I kind of trust his judgement. I might be biased but it is what it is.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:56 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
clubgop wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Bush Sr cucked on gun rights bigly. Obama nothing. This isn't peculiar to Trump. Something else going on.
Obama had those silly EOs that Trump rescinded, other than that a dem POTUS need 60 votes in the Senate.
I suspect that's kind of what's going on here. This is a R mandated house and Senate. It's highly unlikely anything would be passed and Trump might just put it to the house to let it die.
Yes and no. Bump stocks he could instruct the ATF to restrict, he could do some nips and tucks. Probably some changes to NICS, so buy guns now.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:57 pm

There is other stuff that has been flying under the radar concerning immigration as well. Not just talking about ICE raids but H1B visas actually being questioned. Corporations are allowed to request H1B visas if they can prove they can't find qualified Americans. Whoever is running that program rn is actually asking them for proof. Very few have been approved rumor has it.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:00 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
That's what Kween Anne says. I don't think that would change my vote either way as so far his stance on immigration otherwise has been pretty good. DACA amnesty will lose my vote though. I think he's threading the needle rn but I kind of trust his judgement. I might be biased but it is what it is.
Well so far in that regard on that issue he has played them like a cheap harmonica. He spit out some very generous numbers and dems said no. How about the Limbaugh plan. Amnesty and legalization to all illegals, cant vote for 25 years. No one bites.
We already have a partial wall and dems voted for it a decade ago, so in that regard if he shifts some funds he could build a small scale and say "give me 4 and you'll get more."
Last edited by clubgop on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:03 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:There is other stuff that has been flying under the radar concerning immigration as well. Not just talking about ICE raids but H1B visas actually being questioned. Corporations are allowed to request H1B visas if they can prove they can't find qualified Americans. Whoever is running that program rn is actually asking them for proof. Very few have been approved rumor has it.
Wonderful, if true.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:04 pm

clubgop wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Well so far in that regard on that issue he has played them like a cheap harmonica. He spit out some very generous numbers and dems said no. How about the Limbaugh plan. Amnesty and legalization to all illegals, cant vote for 25 years. No one bites.
Well that's just it. Dems can't compromise because muh ALL ELEVEN MILLION (65 million.)

I wouldn't even attribute that to Trump being that smart. It's pretty obvious all he has to do is act like he wants a deal when a deal can't be made. Dems are betting it all on black. Or brown. Whatever.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:08 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:There is other stuff that has been flying under the radar concerning immigration as well. Not just talking about ICE raids but H1B visas actually being questioned. Corporations are allowed to request H1B visas if they can prove they can't find qualified Americans. Whoever is running that program rn is actually asking them for proof. Very few have been approved rumor has it.
Wonderful, if true.
If democrats were smart they would go to town on that. They are wholly owned by the silicon valley tech companies. The fact that they are not gives me pause.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:18 am

TheReal_ND wrote: but H1B visas actually being questioned.
Trump got authorization to hire 70 wait staff/kitchen help at Mar-A-Lago this winter. I find it incredibly difficult to believe there were no qualified wait staff in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our entire revenue stream is based on the service industry.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... mar-a-lago
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:23 am

Kath wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote: but H1B visas actually being questioned.
Trump got authorization to hire 70 wait staff/kitchen help at Mar-A-Lago this winter. I find it incredibly difficult to believe there were no qualified wait staff in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our entire revenue stream is based on the service industry.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... mar-a-lago
LOL Laws are for plebs.

Hey, so there's this quota for H1B cheap-work, right? Why don't you take a real close look at those, and make sure we need them. Oh there's some extra quota? I'll take 'em. Yeah, don't worry about it.

Not only that, but I bet the Secret Service is losing their fucking minds, about 70 'visa workers' in close proximity to POTUS.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0