THE ERA OF TRUMP

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Six Hours.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:We weren't fighting the Vietnamese. We were fighting the Soviet Union, and we won.

You're welcome for that one too, comrade.

This is totally NOT the flag of current day Vietnam, I guess. :lol:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:52 pm

You'd be speaking Russian.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Togo could BTFO the Netherlands. It's like not even a contest. You have like three women and a can of pepper spray between your entire armed forces. The absolute state of Vikangz.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Six Hours.
Wasn't even that, and the organization of the defense can best be described as chaotic and incredulous, and later non-existent when German plainclothes soldiers sabotaged the telegraph lines. The reason the invasion lasted six hours, has mostly to do with a succesful surprise naval landing and paratrooper insertion directly into Copenhagen, and that the Danish government at the time thought the non-aggression pact Denmark had with Germany actually held right up to the day of the attack- since they (along with neutrality) usually had in the past. Also, the age of the weapons our military had were from the 1880's, with few machine guns and attempts to modernize the army since the late 1930's, when the Nazis started annexing territory, were only partial at that stage.

Still a better situation than Denmark's in the 14th century, though.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:32 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:You'd be speaking Russian.
Meh, they just look to Mecca 5 times a day now
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:34 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Togo could BTFO the Netherlands. It's like not even a contest. You have like three women and a can of pepper spray between your entire armed forces. The absolute state of Vikangz.

Not even that. Last time a Danish woman used pepper spray to get away from migrant rapists, the police arrested and charged her for possessing it.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Oh no, I'd have to learn a foreign language! :o Wait....

Also, I took Russian classes in the rough equivalent of high school in Denmark. Didn't take, though. Recalled Russian grammar being more of a bitch than German grammar. But I digress. See, while East Germans did learn Russian in school because they became part of the Soviet "sphere of interest", they didn't have to give up speaking German and the Soviets didn't expect them to.

If what you meant to say was: "You'd have to give up your monarchy, state church, capitalism, multi-party democracy and constitutional liberties", though, well... Yes, maybe. If you had decided you had no interest in detaining Soviet expansion, you probably wouldn't have given them so much money, meaning they'd be poor as fuck and they'd be stretched thin across whatever else parts of Europe, they might have been able to conquer and install satellite governments in. The thing with empire is that if you're spending all your time and money on combating rebellions, you bleed money and if you're a state founded on the idea of anti-imperialismen, some parts of society might start turning you for reasons other than losing their sons in your wars and costant war-induced scarcity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:46 pm

When I was in high school, all the cool kids took German. All I can remember are a few words, basic grammar, and a stupid poem.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:49 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Meh, they just look to Mecca 5 times a day now
You mean Russians do? Must be what you mean, since 4% of Danes are Muslim and 10% of Russians are Muslim. ;) If 4% is enough to get us all to turn Muslim, your 1% must mean you're already circumci... OH MY GOD! :o