THE ERA OF TRUMP

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:46 pm

BjornP wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
BjornP wrote:
You didn't liberate anyone from anything, StA. Stop trying to steal the valor of your grandparents who simply did their duty. and living off their exploits like you're owed interests on their souls. I guess "you're welcome" for us fighting in all of your wars ever since and honoring our NATO pledge when you, as the only country that actually invoked it.
I helped liberate the shia in Southern Iraq from genocide.

My country liberated your country from Nazi occupation that followed after it took the Germans a full six hours to capture your entire territory.
The Shia of Iraq especially don't owe you shit, since your country supported Saddam against them in the first place, untill he no longer was of use to you. And you supported Saddamn invading Iran, which isn't "protecting Shia", either.

As for you laying claim to your country's past exploits. Your country, your grandparents and great grandparents 70 years ago . Seventy. Fucking. Years. Ago. You're not owed anything anymore as a country, and as an indiviual, I stress that part, as the INDIVIDAL person behind the name of Speaker to Animals, you don't get to arrogantly tell me, "You're welcome" for efforts, for sacrifices done by people long before you were even born. Valor-stealing scum-sucker. And what did you actually do during Operation Desert Storm, StA? Didn't you prep (program?) fighter jets taking off from bases in Saudi Arabia?

Did the United States help France, and/or did France keep on vocally expecting your thanks seventy years after they prevented your riots and rebellion against your rightful government? Just how thankful have you been to France from the 1770's to the 1840's? Wasn't it even them who gave you a certain statue that became a symbolism of America later on? You weren't excatly helping them in 1870 against the German empire, were you? If you did not expect that you needed to verbally rimjob France for winning you your independence, why the hell would you expect anyone else feel such a need?
As I said: military parades represent yet another shibboleth separating the weak from the strong.

The hatred for the armed forces is just seething beneath the surface with these people.

I mean.. I get it. I suck at football. So I am like, fuck football. I don't even like that game anyway. Let's go hit the calisthenic park. If my country lost a war in six hours like that, I'd probably be like you too. Or I would change countries.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:47 pm

BjornP wrote:Seriously, if you were an American citizen in the 1840's and every regular Frenchman who visited the US, and let's say there were alot, kept telling you: "You're welcome for your country existing" and then pointing out that the Thirteen Colonies didn't have the military capacity, economy, technology and ressources of the much larger kingdom of France and that you'd have perished without their help.... What would eventually be your impression of those kinds of Frenchmen? And what if they tied that behavior to a constant expectation of the US helping them in their foreign military and diplomatic endavours?
Do you know how many cities we have named after Lafayette?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:54 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
BjornP wrote:Seriously, if you were an American citizen in the 1840's and every regular Frenchman who visited the US, and let's say there were alot, kept telling you: "You're welcome for your country existing" and then pointing out that the Thirteen Colonies didn't have the military capacity, economy, technology and ressources of the much larger kingdom of France and that you'd have perished without their help.... What would eventually be your impression of those kinds of Frenchmen? And what if they tied that behavior to a constant expectation of the US helping them in their foreign military and diplomatic endavours?
Do you know how many cities we have named after Lafayette?
That's respect for the individual general and not what I'm asking. Try and answer that quoted question. If that sort of behavior was common among French in the 1840's, which I don't expect it was, would you think he and the sort of Frenchmen who expected you to be grateful to him, was worthy of respect? And would it color your view of Frenchmen if enough French kept acting like him?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 pm

You apparently don't know much about American history. They were hugely popular in America.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:05 pm

People still speak French in some parts of Louisiana and Texarkana. Really just small parts of Louisiana by now.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:05 pm

America was hugely popular in Europe right after liberation as well.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Somebody ought to adapt the theme song from Gillgan's Island to the great Danish Six Hour War.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
As I said: military parades represent yet another shibboleth separating the weak from the strong.

The hatred for the armed forces is just seething beneath the surface with these people.

I mean.. I get it. I suck at football. So I am like, fuck football. I don't even like that game anyway. Let's go hit the calisthenic park. If my country lost a war in six hours like that, I'd probably be like you too. Or I would change countries.
Pathetic victimhood culture mentality, your whole "hatred" strawman bullshit. It's your eternal go-to debating method, pretending your opponent "hates" X. Truly pathetic. I've always been a supporter of my country's military, and if you do a search on "conscription" with my name in it, you'll also see my repeated support for that, too. Not that we can expect anything better than dishonesty and attempts to shift focus, from a testostorone-deficient, valor-stealing glorified flight mechanic.

My country has both lost and won more wars than your country has been in, and survived far worse than the Nazi occupation. This country was once more or less pawned off except for a couple of tiny islands, to the Hanseatic League after several bankruptcies. Couple of decades later Denmark not only regained its own territory, but orchestrated a marriage union that unified Denmark, Norway and Sweden and all their territories. You're trying to get a rise out of me by thinking you're insulting my country, but the only anger I feel is about your laying claim to someone else's heroism and how frustratringly clueless you are about history.

Say your country had grown into existence, and if it had survived for centuries, surrounded by untold rivals and enemies technologically on the same, sometimes superior level to yourself, often allied to even stronger allies. But you didn't. Instead, you effortlessly expanded into ininhabited territory rich in unclaimed ressources, with the only enemies to worry about a couple of stone age tech level tribes. Luxembourg could have accomplished the same feat had they only the types of non-challenges to worry about, and today we'd all be learning Luxembourgian.

Your country's history is one of leisure and ease of expansion into territory occupied only by natives armed with bows and wooden spears. How many times have you fought even a marginally technologically and organizationally equal enemy? You beat the Japanese, but were soundly defeated by the Vietnamese, and against the Nazis it was primarily the Soviets who drained the German manpower and you were spending several years fighting for territory held by the Nazis in the West.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:41 pm

We weren't fighting the Vietnamese. We were fighting the Soviet Union, and we won.

You're welcome for that one too, comrade.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:44 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You apparently don't know much about American history. They were hugely popular in America.
Still not answering the question: If the French (any French) kept expecting you to be and express vocal gratitude, and some twentysomething in 1840 who chastisted you for criticising French politics by saying "You're welcome for your country's existence", what would you think of him? What would you think of him thinking that you had no business criticising France because his great-great grandfathers may have fought, or at least paid taxes to, for American independence?