THE ERA OF TRUMP

StCapps

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:28 am

Kath wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Sanity by definition will not be Rand Paul. Do you see the things they day about Paul Ryan because he like the writing of Ayn Rand? This Motherfucker is named after her. Nevermind if that is the truth or not.
Stable, maybe? Trump changes his mind more frequently than his underwear. Rand is consistent. I don't agree with him 100%, but I get closest to someone representing my views with him.
Most voters don't vote for consistency, they vote for political weather vanes, you might wish reality played out differently, but it doesn't.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am

Fife wrote:It's a bit more complex than that.

It's exactly like I said. You know it. I know it. We all know it.

Tech school for avionics troops back in the 90s was about eight months if I remember correctly. Every last damned Friday we had to march in a parade for literally nobody, taking up about an hour and a half of our day after a solid nine hours of classes. If I can deal with actually marching in a stupid parade for absolutely nobody weekly for over half a year, then I think libertards should be able to turn off their television coverage of a military parade and go pretend they can just "buy" their security post-SHTF like they always do.

I mean.. you already pretend like you are an "individualist" who built it all on your own back, sweat, and blood, even though that's obviously not true. Libertarians, I am convinced, hate the military, cops, firefighters, etc., because they realize at some subconscious level those people carry their water.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 am

C-Mag wrote:
StCapps wrote: Rand isn't America's sweetheart because most Americans don't think like you and C-Mag, and certainly not 70% of the country, so stop projecting your love of Rand on the electorate, Rand isn't going to be POTUS anytime soon, that's a lolberg pipe dream, most Americans aren't lolbergs.
I have a Dream Capps............. why you want to fuck with my dreams ? :naughty:

You know, we could convince the rural folks and a majority of the suburban folks Rand is cool and the man to lead us..................... but were fucked with the urban population.
He has to win the Republican primary first, and he's a shitty campaigner. I fuck with your dreams because they don't line up with reality, and it's time the wishful thinkers realize that wishing something to happen doesn't mean it's going to. I like Rand Paul too, but I don't go around thinking he's going to win just because I would like it if he did, reality does not change itself to cater to my whims, and the same goes for all the Rand Paul fans on this forum.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Another shibboleth of our time: military parades.

The animosity towards that is very eye-opening.

I mean.. I think I get it. The same people freaking out over the military parade in this forum are the ones who get upset when I argue it's only a matter of time before the military takes over. I think they must know the American people think FAR more highly of the military than they do of the elected politicians, and the only thing that keeps this from happening is the commitment by the generals to the Constitution (which, ironically, the legislators and president have ZERO commitment to).

Still..

Gay pride parades with naked men simulating sex in the public streets: vibrant diversity.

Servicemembers from the four branches marching in formation: OMFG it's like North Korea!!!

:whistle:
It's a good thing to discuss.
No one is questioning whether we should have a massive parade every 4 years for electing a POTUS that most of the people and the country won't even like or vote for. Maybe we should get rid of those parades.

The military parade is not necessary, but if it reminds folks we have been at war for 17 years and maybe gets them to question that, it would be worthwhile.

Best option would be for Trump to sign an executive order that there will be a military parade in lieu of a 2020 POTUS parade.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:34 am

Here's what I want to see:

Turn this parade into a showcase of just how much a small group of Americans sacrifice for the rest of us. Military, police, firefighters, search and rescue, Coast Guard.

Make it explicitly about the sacrifices of some Americans for everybody. That will trigger the ever fuck out of the libertarians and demonstrate yet once again they are apex liberals.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:36 am

StCapps wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
StCapps wrote: Rand isn't America's sweetheart because most Americans don't think like you and C-Mag, and certainly not 70% of the country, so stop projecting your love of Rand on the electorate, Rand isn't going to be POTUS anytime soon, that's a lolberg pipe dream, most Americans aren't lolbergs.
I have a Dream Capps............. why you want to fuck with my dreams ? :naughty:

You know, we could convince the rural folks and a majority of the suburban folks Rand is cool and the man to lead us..................... but were fucked with the urban population.
He has to win the Republican primary first, and he's a shitty campaigner. I fuck with your dreams because they don't line up with reality, and it's time the wishful thinkers realize that wishing something to happen doesn't mean it's going to.
The fact that I recognize it as a dream and know seeing Jim Webb v Rand Paul in POTUS election is a fantasy, I'd say I've got a grasp on reality.

You have to know what the goal is to achieve it.

Facts would suggest he is a far better campaigner than you give him credit for, I'm curious as to why you think that.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:37 am

C-Mag wrote:Facts would suggest he is a far better campaigner than you give him credit for, I'm curious as to why you think that.
He went anti-Trump and blew himself up, terrible strategy. He should have sided with Trump and said he was the better option to implement his strategy, given the political crossover that was obviously apparent, but he was too politically inept to do so. He still wouldn't have won had he done that, but he would have done much much better if he had. Rand Paul was not ready for primetime, he proved that in the 2016 primaries.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 am

StCapps wrote: He should have sided with Trump but he is too principled to do so.
FIFY
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:40 am

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote: He should have sided with Trump but he is too principled to do so.
FIFY
Realism > Idealism
Politically retarded move, he acted against his own self interests, just to double down on his consistent ideologue shtick that never wins the GOP primary.
What good did it do him to stand on principle in that scenario? None, he blew himself up with the Trump isnt conservative enough, but turns out Republicans don't care and never did, he should have known better.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:42 am

StCapps wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Facts would suggest he is a far better campaigner than you give him credit for, I'm curious as to why you think that.
He went anti-Trump and blew himself up, terrible strategy. He should have sided with Trump and said he was the better option to implement his strategy, given the political crossover that was obviously apparent, but he was too politically inept to do so. He still wouldn't have won had he done that, but he would have done much much better if he had. Rand Paul was not ready for primetime, he proved that in the 2016 primaries.
My bad.......... misunderstood. I thought you were talking about Trump running in 2020.

Yes, Rand is an orator that could have gotten elected in the mid 19th Century. Only appealing to a minority of wierdos like folks round here. Plus, I don't think he knows how to put a staff together for a serious POTUS run........ gonna need some help
PLATA O PLOMO