THE ERA OF TRUMP

Okeefenokee

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:37 pm

Kath wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Fucking Troops are going to need some time to learn how to march if they want to pull this off. I doubt very many of them could execute an Eyes Right much less a counter column or Flank March. D & C has just gone away, and for good reason, not much time for close order drill.
Do you like this idea? When is the last time we did that, if ever?
desert storm.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:38 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Probably haven’t done a big one since WWII, no?

How many people would be excited vs how many sickened by the expense of it?
oh, we know EXACTLY who it's gonna bother, and they are gonna let everyone know.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Rob Porter resigns after both of his ex-wives said that he physically abuse them and it is being reported that the White House knew of this prior to hiring him:
(CNN)Allegations of domestic abuse levied against top White House staffer Rob Porter by his ex-wives were known among senior aides to President Donald Trump for months, even as his stock in the West Wing continued to rise, multiple sources told CNN on Wednesday.

Porter denied the allegations but resigned on Wednesday.
A scramble ensued inside the West Wing to defend him when the claims became public this week, the sources said. That effort continues even after his resignation.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/07/politics ... index.html

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Penner wrote:Rob Porter resigns after both of his ex-wives said that he physically abuse them and it is being reported that the White House knew of this prior to hiring him:
(CNN)Allegations of domestic abuse levied against top White House staffer Rob Porter by his ex-wives were known among senior aides to President Donald Trump for months, even as his stock in the West Wing continued to rise, multiple sources told CNN on Wednesday.

A scramble ensued inside the West Wing to defend him when the claims became public this week, the sources said. That effort continues even after his resignation.
Why do you continue to spread fake news that you know no one is going to believe?

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Here is some more info:

(CNN)Rob Porter, a top White House aide with regular access to President Donald Trump abruptly resigned on Wednesday amid abuse allegations from two ex-wives, who each detailed to CNN what they said were years of consistent abuse from Porter, including incidents of physical violence.

Colbie Holderness, Porter's first wife, and Jennifer Willoughby, Porter's second wife, both said their ex-husband's consistent abuse was the reason for their respective divorces
http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/07/politics/ ... index.html

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Here is the first ex-wife's account:
Colbie Holderness
In a lengthy interview, Holdnerness, who married Porter in 2003, told CNN on Wednesday that the physical abuse began almost immediately after their wedding. The couple went to the Canary Islands for their honeymoon in the summer of 2003, when Holderness said Porter kicked her thigh during a fight.
"I didn't quite know how to take it," Holderness said. "I had just tied the knot with him."
She said that Porter's repeated physically abusive behavior also included throwing her on the bed and forcefully pushing one of his limbs into her body in anger and choking her.
"The thing he would do most frequently is he would throw me down on a bed and he would just put his body weight on me and he'd be yelling at me but as he was yelling he'd me grinding an elbow or knee into my body to emphasize his anger," she said. The choking, she said, "was just very scary and dehumanizing," and she said she didn't realize the severity of the situation until she spoke with a counselor.
In the summer of 2005, the couple was in Florence, Italy, when Holderness said he punched her in the face -- the only time, Holdnerness says, when she remembers her ex-husband leaving a physical mark on her body.
"I think it shocked him and it shocked me. It never happened again, it was a one-time thing," she said.

Holderness shared photos Porter took of her with CNN. Porter said in a statement that he had taken the photographs.
"I took the photos given to the media nearly 15 years ago and the reality behind them is nowhere close to what is being described," he said.
Holderness said though Porter did take them, she stands by her account.
"He's wrong in that the circumstances are exactly what I described. In contrition I made them take the photos. In his contrition, I had him take photos of what he did," she told CNN.
Her brother, Trevor Paulson, and a close girlfriend who declined to be named, both told CNN on Wednesday that Holderness had confided in them over the years about Porter's abuse.
The photograph of her with the black eye is in the article and the link is below:

http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/07/politics/ ... index.html

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Penner wrote:Rob Porter resigns after both of his ex-wives said that he physically abuse them and it is being reported that the White House knew of this prior to hiring him:

Why do you continue to spread fake news that you know no one is going to believe?
Does your dismisal of this story as fake news rest on the known information about this case or the fact that Penner has the audacity to quote CNN?
Sure CNN has an editoral bias but so does Fox news and Breitbart yet no one seems to refrain from quoting their articles even though they are both guilty of stating falsehoods on a fairly regular basis.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:12 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

Does your dismisal of this story as fake news rest on the known information about this case or the fact that Penner has the audacity to quote CNN?
Sure CNN has an editoral bias but so does Fox news and Breitbart yet no one seems to refrain from quoting their articles even though they are both guilty of stating falsehoods on a fairly regular basis.
Anyone who believes a word out of CNN needs to have their head examined, or save yourself the trouble and go jump off a bridge.

You people are like battered fucking wives who keep going back for more. How many times does CNN need to blacken your eye before you realize they aren't going to change?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Dismissing 100% of their output seems like an extreme position to take while at the same time gobbling up Fox news and Breitbart's equally biased opinion pieces. I'm afraid it says as much about your personal biases as it does CNN's.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:26 pm

it is being reported that the White House knew of this prior to hiring him:
I believe this