THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:44 pm

That's actually super choice property in there, Mimico, Royal York at Long Branch, you've got the TTC one block south, the Go Train line one block north, that's about as prime as it gets in Toronto, that soup factory is frankly in the way, that's condo city down there now.

And If you own one of those fully detached homes round there, that is some serious cha-ching these days.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:48 pm

clubgop wrote::sleeping-boring:
I am sensing me some butthurt in this thread...
Must have been from the Smitty boot.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Think if you had bought one of those homes in there in the 70's, they were $50K and people thought that was expensive, if you held on to it, which a lot of those families did, it's worth $1.5 million now, just sell it and retire out here to the boonies is what I would do, or rather did.

Nobody who worked in that factory, can even afford to live in Mimico anymore. The median house price in Paris Texas is $137K, that's where you'd have to live, if all you can get is a factory job, it's literally ten times the price to live in Mimico, that's basically Canadian Manhattan, they don't even have room for a soup factory.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:14 pm

DrYouth wrote:
He is whistling past the graveyard. It must be a candian thing. I won this thread with an "mmm mmm good" joke anything else is just you canuks whining like sour grapes.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:17 pm

clubgop wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
He is whistling past the graveyard. It must be a candian thing. I won this thread with an "mmm mmm good" joke anything else is just you canuks whining like sour grapes.
Throw away jokes that fails to address the issue being discussed, clubby is the one whistling past the graveyard.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:20 pm

clubgop wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
What's the graveyard? We're supposed to whistle past 380 low wage jobs being eliminated by a downsizing US company? The people who are whistling past the graveyard, are the ones depending on low wage jobs in a soup factory to pay the bills, which, not many of those left, in Toronto.

What seems to be going on here, is that C-Mag, in his desperation to throw up some "Trump is winning!' talking points, has jumped the shark by claiming Campbell's soup factories as a win, when Campbell's is a company which can't even afford Canada anymore, never mind the USA, best place for those factories, is in the Philippines, which, if Campbell's wants to stay in business, they'd have to inevitably go to.

Americans desperately clinging to low skill low wage jobs as some sort of salvation from the knowledge economy, is the graveyard in fact. The whistling past it, is the talking points claiming it as a big win for Americans, while Google is going in the other direction.

Are we happy to swap you the soup factory for the Googleplex? Of course, that's where the money is, and nobody who wants to live in Toronto can afford it, on a soup factory wage.

Any sensible American not being a partisan butt hack, which admittedly there aren't many of those left, can easily do the math, America got soup, Toronto got Google, who won that deal? Soup for Silicon Valley doesn't seem like #winning, driving high tech out of America, in return for low wage factory jobs, is a graveyard of populist stupidity any way you slice it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:40 pm

You seem upset.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:44 pm

No, I merely poke holes in desperately fallacious partisan talking points, when the Democrat butt hacks do it, I'll poke them, when the GOP butt hacks do it, same-same.

As for me personally, I'm a small c conservative, I don't favour economic nationalism at all, let the market decide, I wouldn't try to prop up low wage jobs in Canada in a race to the bottom, that would be what would upset me.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:49 pm

Any chance Trump with just Tweet the SOTU? That'd be awesome.
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 pm

Kath wrote:Any chance Trump with just Tweet the SOTU? That'd be awesome.
:lol:
It should be an interesting one.
Trump's gonna brag on the Economy and ISIS.
There will be protests.
The Congressional Memo on FBI and DOJ shenanigans may be out.
A SCOTUS judge is boycotting.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience