THE ERA OF TRUMP

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:44 pm

It's okay, Smithers. Here's a hug and some Campbell soup goodness to make you feel better:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:47 pm

clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Campbell Soup leaving Canada, headed back to the US

https://www.upi.com/Campbell-Soup-to-cl ... 516853596/
The fallacy being that 380 low wage jobs lost in Toronto equals 380 low wage jobs gained in the USA, when in reality Campbell's lost 6% of its value and is cutting jobs across the board, including in the USA, because the general trend is that the consumer doesn't buy as much Campbell's soup as they used to, due to increased competition.

With Ontario at net +800,000 jobs, clearly the soup business isn't where the money is anyways. Campbell's is relocating to a new headquarters in Toronto and opening a "food innovation centre", pretty sure those are the kind of white collar jobs people here are looking for, I don't know anybody who pines to work in a soup factory.

Toronto is a knowledge based economic center now, ergo; buh-bye Campbell's soup, hello Google. Luxury condominiums built on site of old Campbell's soup factory in three, two, one. . .
That salt coming from you is mmm mmm good.
The "Trump is winning! +380 jobs!" talking point is pretty desperately weak, don't mind me, just providing a little reality check to C-Mags absurd bitch hacking.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:49 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's okay, Smithers. Here's a hug and some Campbell soup goodness to make you feel better:
Meh, save for it all the Americans living under a bridge in tent cities, old Smither's just had prime rib with all the feexins for supper, enjoy that Campbell's soup, dumpster divers.

OABTW, thanks for the tax cuts, straight from your tent cities, to Wall Street, to me, cha-ching, come again, suckahs.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:56 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:It's okay, Smithers. Here's a hug and some Campbell soup goodness to make you feel better:
Meh, save for it all the Americans living under a bridge in tent cities, old Smither's just had prime rib with all the feexins for supper, enjoy that Campbell's soup, dumpster divers.

OABTW, thanks for the tax cuts, straight from your tent cities, to Wall Street, to me, cha-ching, come again, suckahs.
It's not going to you, it's going to product for that boy band haircut your PM has.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:59 pm

clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

It's not going to you, it's going to product for that boy band haircut your PM has.
Well it's not going to me from Campbell's, but I don't own Campbell's, that dog has fleas, biggest stock market run up of all time, and still Campbell's is dropping like a stone. . . .

https://www.google.ca/search?q=campbell ... 8QeSpIfoDg

. . . 25% loss in just the last 12 months, ouch.

Toronto's total exposure to the Campbell's worldwide sell off is only 380 low wage jobs? Thank goodness for that, good luck with it, Napoleon Ohio, cause other than the Pepperidge Farms division, Campbell's is bleeding money across the board.

Buh-bye Campbell's, Hell-o Google FTW.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:49 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Well it's not going to me from Campbell's, but I don't own Campbell's, that dog has fleas, biggest stock market run up of all time, and still Campbell's is dropping like a stone. . . .

Toronto's total exposure to the Campbell's worldwide sell off is only 380 low wage jobs? Thank goodness for that, good luck with it, Napoleon Ohio, cause other than the Pepperidge Farms division, Campbell's is bleeding money across the board.

You can have Google, you already can't say shit in Canada now you get that online as well.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:24 pm

clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
clubgop wrote:

You can have Google, you already can't say shit in Canada now you get that online as well.
Let the market determine I say, Campbell's is obviously at a crossroads, market share is down, earnings are down, stock price is down, they're not investing, they're downsizing, but rightly so, Toronto is open for business, but not to prop failing businesses up.

Moreover, Mimico is hot property now, not the working class neighborhood it once was, ridding it of that run down old soup factory, is called creative destruction, far more revenue to be had there now, from residential real estate.

I know exactly where that factory is, Elizabeth Street, on the Long Branch line, people desperately want to buy property there, to live in it, on the transit line close to downtown, that factory is a concrete eyesore, good riddance.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Let the market determine I say, Campbell's is obviously at a crossroads, market share is down, earnings are down, stock price is down, they're not investing, they're downsizing, but rightly so, Toronto is open for business, but not to prop failing businesses up.

Moreover, Mimico is hot property now, not the working class neighborhood it once was, ridding it of that run down old soup factory, is called creative destruction, far more revenue to be had there now, from residential real estate.
:sleeping-boring:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:37 pm

clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
clubgop wrote:

Ain't nothing more boring than working a low wage job in an archaic soup factory, the kids don't want that anymore, now they want to work for Google or some other tech company, more power too them I say, I wouldn't work in a soup factory neither.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:38 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Ain't nothing more boring than working a low wage job in an archaic soup factory, the kids don't want that anymore, now they want to work for Google or some other tech company, more power too them I say, I wouldn't work in a soup factory neither.