Another School Shooting

DrYouth

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:59 am

Would someone be sad about this guys rights if he was deemed unfit to own automatic weapons, or firearms of any kind, after repeatedly introducing himself as the next school shooter.
Seems to me that would be pretty reasonable.... but then I'm Canadian.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:01 am

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:11 am

Fife wrote:Image
17 kids x another 55 years of expected life = nearly a millenia of human experience wiped out, because 'we can't identify a kid that used his real name on social media'.

Oops.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:18 am

Yet another fucking school shooting.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02- ... l-lockdown

WA state this time.
Shots Fired At Highline College In Des Moines, WA; School On Lockdown
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:30 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 1b21e2371d

The FBI said Friday that a month before the shooting rampage at a South Florida high school, the bureau received a warning that the 19-year-old charged in the massacre might carry out such an attack — but then investigators failed to act on it.

The startling revelation came two days after police say Nikolas Cruz marched into his former high school and gunned down 17 people. In a statement, the FBI said it received a tip last month from “a person close to Nikolas Cruz” reporting concerns about him, specifically saying that he could potentially carry out a school shooting.

While this should have been investigated “as a potential threat to life … these protocols were not followed,” the bureau said in a statement.

“We are still investigating the facts,” Christopher A. Wray, the FBI director, said in the statement. “I am committed to getting to the bottom of what happened in this particular matter, as well as reviewing our processes for responding to information that we receive from the public.”

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:47 am

Fife wrote:Image
Fife, you are smart enough to know damn well that the Miami criminal division of the FBI, who would be the ones to have stopped this, have literally nothing to do with the counter-intelligence unit investigating Trump and co. If CI agents weren't doing that investigation, they still would not have swooped in to Florida to investigate a kid leaving threats on social media.

Just spent a week in federal trial court for a criminal prosecution and was with a lot of FBI agents. They are NOT interchangeable lego pieces, they have very discrete areas of specialty.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:49 am

DrYouth wrote:
Fife wrote:UPDATED: Comparing Death Rates from Mass Public Shootings and Mass Public Violence in the US and Europe

In his address to the nation after the Planned Parenthood attack, Obama claimed: “I say this every time we’ve got one of these mass shootings: This just doesn’t happen in other countries.”

Senator Harry Reid made a similar statement on June 23rd: “The United States is the only advanced country where this type of mass violence occurs. Let’s do something. We can expand, for example, background checks. … We should support not giving guns to people who are mentally ill and felons.”

We prefer not to make purely cross-sectional comparisons, but this claim is simply not true. The data below looks at the period of time from the beginning of the Obama administration in January 2009 until the end of 2015.

Another analysis of the data:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... shootings/
How do mass shootings in the U.S. compare with other countries?

Mass shootings do happen in other countries. But they do not happen with the same frequency as in the United States.

Two researchers -- Jaclyn Schildkraut of the State University of New York in Oswego and H. Jaymi Elsass of Texas State University -- analyzed mass shootings in 11 countries, covering the period from 2000-14. Aside from the United States, they looked at Australia, Canada, China, England, Finland, France, Germany, Mexico, Norway and Switzerland.

The United States has more mass shootings -- and more people cumulatively killed or injured -- than the other 10 nations combined, according to their research. While part of this is because the United States has a much bigger population than all but China, the difference can’t be explained by skewed population numbers alone.

When adjusted for population, the United States ranks in the upper half of their list of 11 countries, ranking higher than Australia, Canada, China, England, France, Germany and Mexico. The United States did rank lower than three countries -- Norway, Finland and Switzerland -- but they have populations so small that one or two mass-casualty events can produce a relatively high per capita rate.
Politifact sucks, protip.
*yip*

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:49 am

DrYouth wrote:Would someone be sad about this guys rights if he was deemed unfit to own automatic weapons, or firearms of any kind, after repeatedly introducing himself as the next school shooter.
Seems to me that would be pretty reasonable.... but then I'm Canadian.
Same here, and I'm American and I am not anti-gun, either.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:13 pm

ooky wrote:Fife, you are smart enough to know damn well that the Miami criminal division of the FBI, who would be the ones to have stopped this, have literally nothing to do with the counter-intelligence unit investigating Trump and co. If CI agents weren't doing that investigation, they still would not have swooped in to Florida to investigate a kid leaving threats on social media.

Just spent a week in federal trial court for a criminal prosecution and was with a lot of FBI agents. They are NOT interchangeable lego pieces, they have very discrete areas of specialty.
The point stands. The mission of federal policing is FUBAR. Expect ZERO accountability, because that's what you are getting; and all you'll ever get.

“We are still investigating the facts,” Christopher A. Wray, the FBI director, said in the statement. “I am committed to getting to the bottom of what happened in this particular matter, as well as reviewing our processes for responding to information that we receive from the public.”

Kafka would just shake his head and laugh.

Thank Providence the FBI still has its shit together on cracking down on college basketball.

Saving lives!!

:goteam: :drunK:
Last edited by Fife on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Alcohol kills at around 10,000 Americans every year just in DUI crashes.

When are we going to ban alcohol?

I don't drink alcohol, so fuck it. It's easy for me to point to the fact that tens of thousands of Americans are dying every year from this poisonous substance that nobody needs outside of controlled scenarios. You don't need alcohol just to eat your meal at a restaurant. You can get by with iced tea or soda. I have decided this for you because I don't drink and it doesn't affect me to one bit to ban your alcohol.

Think of the children.