Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

skankhunt42

Re: Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

Post by skankhunt42 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:21 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:Eh, I'm not bothered by climate change anymore. In fact, I've come to welcome it. Natural regulation, if a species isn't smart enough to save itself before getting off War World, too bad so sad, the Great Filter will do its work and Purge The Biosphere for a couple million years then rest and start the whole process all over again, just like it has the prior Five Great Extinction Events. We were tested and found wanting, so thus the chaff shall be separated away from the wheat.

It's a big galaxy, and her Milky stars will burn bright for another few billion years at least, plenty of time and space for a worthy inheritor to arise. So maybe it wasn't homo sapiens, so what? Means our coda will come much sooner than some people were expecting, that's Natural Selection, bitch. The dinosaurs couldn't cut the mustard, we should we have been any different? C'est la vie, and pass me a beer.
Man, hell of a cynic right here. I mean I get it...But, explain to me how even if the sea waters rise that humanity is doomed? Or that the planet is doomed? We are both pretty damn adaptable, Enjoy your beer though pal, cheers.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Realizing that some of the first human settlements are some ten miles out from the shore, underneath the ocean..

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:29 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:Eh, I'm not bothered by climate change anymore. In fact, I've come to welcome it. Natural regulation, if a species isn't smart enough to save itself before getting off War World, too bad so sad, the Great Filter will do its work and Purge The Biosphere for a couple million years then rest and start the whole process all over again, just like it has the prior Five Great Extinction Events. We were tested and found wanting, so thus the chaff shall be separated away from the wheat.

It's a big galaxy, and her Milky stars will burn bright for another few billion years at least, plenty of time and space for a worthy inheritor to arise. So maybe it wasn't homo sapiens, so what? Means our coda will come much sooner than some people were expecting, that's Natural Selection, bitch. The dinosaurs couldn't cut the mustard, we should we have been any different? C'est la vie, and pass me a beer.
Man, hell of a cynic right here. I mean I get it...But, explain to me how even if the sea waters rise that humanity is doomed? Or that the planet is doomed? We are both pretty damn adaptable, Enjoy your beer though pal, cheers.
Oh, the planet will be just fine, it'll take a lot more than what we've done so far to salt the earth stone dead. Life's endured way worse than us, make no mistake. It's humanity who won't survive The Trial.

The ME and Central Africa will become literally unlivable for humans. The US Midwest AKA The Breadbasket of the World, will desertify (although, depending on how the soil under the melting permafrost shakes out, Canada and Russia might end up becoming the big hardy farmers). Much of the world's cities and thus population live near the coasts that get flooded, and Katrina proved many people will stay in their homes even in the face of certain flooded doom. The New Coastal cities will be battered with the far more frequent and intense hurricanes.

Maybe we'll endure, but it'll be at a fraction of our current global population, and we certainly won't be in a position to do Great Things like space exploration anymore like we can now. And brother? I'm just fine with that. 8-)
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Been watching the Lefties too long to bite on their latest scam, back in the 70's, in the wake of the New Dealers blowing themselves up in Vietnam and the associated rise of the Neo-Left, the Left shifted from being essentially a labour movement, to being this pseudo academic doomsday cult you see now, and their first ostensible doomsday, back in the 70's, was the "Coming Global Ice Age!", so with "Global Warming!", they've basically just migrated from one breathless overwrought extreme to the other. /shrugs.

Bear in mind, they had all sorts of "Climate Scientists!" back in the 70's too, and according to them, this is the Global Ice Age, right now.
Nec Aspera Terrent

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Like I said, if global warming is happening, that's great news for Canada, pop the corks and celebrate, you and the Russians are gonna be fucking rich!
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:37 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:

Oh, the planet will be just fine, it'll take a lot more than what we've done so far to salt the earth stone dead. Life's endured way worse than us, make no mistake. It's humanity who won't survive The Trial.

The ME and Central Africa will become literally unlivable for humans. The US Midwest AKA The Breadbasket of the World, will desertify (although, depending on how the soil under the melting permafrost shakes out, Canada and Russia might end up becoming the big hardy farmers). Much of the world's cities and thus population live near the coasts that get flooded, and Katrina proved many people will stay in their homes even in the face of certain flooded doom. The New Coastal cities will be battered with the far more frequent and intense hurricanes.

Maybe we'll endure, but it'll be at a fraction of our current global population, and we certainly won't be in a position to do Great Things like space exploration anymore like we can now. And brother? I'm just fine with that. 8-)
I respect your passion, but I'm not buying what you're selling.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:39 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:

I respect your passion, but I'm not buying what you're selling.
That's fine, life's short, enjoy it while it lasts, and don't ever have kids to feel guilty about. That's my credo these days.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:41 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:Like I said, if global warming is happening, that's great news for Canada, pop the corks and celebrate, you and the Russians are gonna be fucking rich!
We're already rich, smoking cuban cigars and drinking single malt up in here on my estate, but by all means, send us Georgia's weather, fine by me.

Georgia, except not full of Americans, mhmm, sounds good.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:Like I said, if global warming is happening, that's great news for Canada, pop the corks and celebrate, you and the Russians are gonna be fucking rich!
We're already rich, smoking cuban cigars and drinking single malt up in here on my estate, but by all means, send us Georgia's weather, fine by me.
And there we have it. I'm alright Jack, fuck everyone else.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Montegriffo wrote: I'm alright Jack, fuck everyone else.
You too? Hey, that's how I roll... Georgia, except not full of Americans, FTW.

Nec Aspera Terrent