Does anyone on this forum actually care about Syria?

Okeefenokee

Re: Does anyone on this forum actually care about Syria?

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:30 pm

clubgop wrote:
BjornP wrote:FSA may be wet paper bag fighters and didn't say they or the rjova kurds are "driving the bus", but my point is that it is ok to acknowledge that even if they wanted democracy, its ok to not want to bilaterally support them. Without feeling any social pressure to just dismiss them as jihadi fanatics like isis when they're not.
The muslim brotherhood of the 60's weren't all that extremist either but in comparison to Assad secular ass, I would classify them as such. I am only interested in the comparison to demonstrate the Assad's knack for keeping power. I dont have a problem doing nothing, liberals do. They made this decision and now in order to assuage thier liberal white guilt they want to take in a danger they know they can't vet or stop attacks from. That side has already lost plenty of elections, stop trying to lie for them. You aren't doing them any good.
Speaking of vetting, today's assassination throws that idea out the window. If Russia can't properly vet their security officers for ambassadors, don't tell me you can vet a hundred thousand doner merchants.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Again you are ignoring the fact that most of the terrorist attacks in Europe are not refugees but are disaffected nationals.
Sorry to fuck up your narrative but that's how it is.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

ssu

Post by ssu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Speaking of vetting, today's assassination throws that idea out the window. If Russia can't properly vet their security officers for ambassadors, don't tell me you can vet a hundred thousand doner merchants.
Wasn't the guy there for his safety? Usually policemen give protection.

Anyway as I said in the "mess" thread, isn't these the kind of policemen Erdogan wants? Deeply religious ones and not the old Kemalist ones.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
clubgop wrote:
BjornP wrote:FSA may be wet paper bag fighters and didn't say they or the rjova kurds are "driving the bus", but my point is that it is ok to acknowledge that even if they wanted democracy, its ok to not want to bilaterally support them. Without feeling any social pressure to just dismiss them as jihadi fanatics like isis when they're not.
The muslim brotherhood of the 60's weren't all that extremist either but in comparison to Assad secular ass, I would classify them as such. I am only interested in the comparison to demonstrate the Assad's knack for keeping power. I dont have a problem doing nothing, liberals do. They made this decision and now in order to assuage thier liberal white guilt they want to take in a danger they know they can't vet or stop attacks from. That side has already lost plenty of elections, stop trying to lie for them. You aren't doing them any good.
Speaking of vetting, today's assassination throws that idea out the window. If Russia can't properly vet their security officers for ambassadors, don't tell me you can vet a hundred thousand doner merchants.
I would think that because this is in Turkey it would be a joint effort but we should all wait for that Turkish soccer expert, Archie, to tell us what it really means.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:43 pm

Joint effort
Slow your roll neo-cohen.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:44 pm

So this guy Franz Ferdinand or what?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Joint effort
Wtf? I was saying the security detail not the assaination. Dont you have some paint to huff?

ssu

Post by ssu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:48 pm

clubgop wrote:So this guy Franz Ferdinand or what?
Nah.

Both sides see it as a provocation to hurt their warming relations.

Putin and Russia:
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Monday the attack on Russian envoy was a "provocation" to undermine relations Turkey and Russia carry in Syria. Putin's remarks followed the fatal shooting of Andrey Karlov, Moscow’s ambassador to Turkey, at an art exhibition in Ankara. "Attack on Russian ambassador was a provocation against the good relations that Turkey and Russia carried out in Syria," Putin said and called for a 'strengthening' of the war against terrorism as a response to the assassination.
The Turks:
Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said Monday the attack that killed Russia’s envoy to Ankara, Andrey Karlov, would not harm Turkish and Russian relations. "It is known how important the relations with Russia are for the region and not only for two countries," Cavusoglu said.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:54 pm

clubgop wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Joint effort
Wtf? I was saying the security detail not the assaination. Dont you have some paint to huff?
No, you.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
clubgop wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote: Slow your roll neo-cohen.
No, you.
Maybe but the S&H from here would be pricey. Better to just drive your home to a store and buy some. But don't loiter in the parking lot.