THE ERA OF TRUMP

C-Mag

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:18 pm

The average mid term House change is about 30+ seats. The Dems need 24 I think. So history is in their favor. My SWAG, if the economy stays strong GOP holds the house.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:04 pm

muh russian bots
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:15 pm

:lol:

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:54 pm

Kath wrote:
clubgop wrote: All of that is true but recently, last 3 recently, Democrat turnout has been abysmal even for mid term standards. Republican incumbents hold 24 districts that Hillary won in 2016. Dems need 23 seats. So they would have to run the table here using general election turnout models even hugely improved midterm models. Otherwise they would have to win districts like GA-06 and they have demonstrated their bench is barren. Candidate recruitment is key and they are hurting bad on that account. If I were to bet Republican lose 18-20 seats close but not enough. In the Senate, a draw, maybe +2 GOP. The map is that bad for dems.
I think it's the middle that is going to stay home. They don't like Trump, but they like the economy and he doesn't matter. The dems are as rabid as I've ever seen. My FB feed is so ridiculous that I've blocked a dozen people, at least, because they are having heart attacks over the president's diet.

I don't think they'll be staying home, but the extremists don't decide elections, you know this.
Yes they do, in midterm especially. You just said the middle stays home. Kinda contradicted yourself.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:00 pm

C-Mag wrote:The average mid term House change is about 30+ seats. The Dems need 24 I think. So history is in their favor. My SWAG, if the economy stays strong GOP holds the house.
See that average is heavily skewed by like 3 midterms, 1994,2006,2010. Democrat turnout has been awful in these things.

And I would start my average after the watergate midtem. That is when midterm became more nationalized in that aspect the average about 20 so that would bring them close. I think they will be close I just don't know if they can get over the hump.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:26 pm

clubgop wrote:
C-Mag wrote:The average mid term House change is about 30+ seats. The Dems need 24 I think. So history is in their favor. My SWAG, if the economy stays strong GOP holds the house.
See that average is heavily skewed by like 3 midterms, 1994,2006,2010. Democrat turnout has been awful in these things.

And I would start my average after the watergate midtem. That is when midterm became more nationalized in that aspect the average about 20 so that would bring them close. I think they will be close I just don't know if they can get over the hump.
I don't discount that. It will swing on the economy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:53 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I looked it up, the only guy to double gain since FDR in 1934, was George W. Bush in 2002, but he was running at 67% approval when he did it.

The general trend tho, is the incumbent getting whupped hard at the midterms, including FDR in 1938 when he was running at 60% approval.

The President can be personally popular, and still the incumbent party can get reined in.
Guess we’ll need to dial up another 9/11 then.
:lol: :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:58 am

FOX NEWS FIRST: Exclusive - DOJ begins recovering missing FBI texts
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/25/fo ... texts.html

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:01 am

clubgop wrote:

Yes they do, in midterm especially. You just said the middle stays home. Kinda contradicted yourself.
The left will be out voting. The middle will mostly stay home.
Account abandoned.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 am

Kath wrote:
clubgop wrote:

The left will be out voting. The middle will mostly stay home.
Yes, but how much of it and what kind? The left that voted for Gary Johnson and Jill Stein but voted for downballot dems? Or do they stay home? That could be the difference in races. The bluey blues in thier blue places will be voting blue but what about the lean blue in purple areas as you say the middle will stay home. But blue needs those votes to come out can the blue GOTV do that?