THE ERA OF TRUMP

TheReal_ND

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:09 pm

That's part of the plan. Send our NYC "shoppers" across the border.

Enjoy the cultural enrichment.

Faggot.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:21 pm

The only people it harms is American consumers, Samsung and LG already have washing machine plants in the USA, so basically it just makes the cheaper offshore made washing machines more expensive for the American consumer, doesn't harm the Koreans at all.

Doesn't help create jobs, because when prices go up, sales go down, sales go down, production goes down, tariffs are just a straight up transfer of money from the American consumer to Wall Street.

American consumers coming over the border to take their 20% USD discount is just a side benefit, but we'll take it, cha-ching, thank you, come again.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:46 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, Whirlpool makes its high end washer dryers in the USA, mostly in Ohio.
Used to make some myself. They have a couple of plants around here.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:You know, with the exchange rate, if you buy your washing machine in Canada, you'll get it 20% cheaper than in the US and avoid any duty at the border under the household goods exemption.
That exchange rate has been changing quickly, this month. USD is in free fall.

Totally unpredictable when we created a few trillion of them.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, Whirlpool makes its high end washer dryers in the USA, mostly in Ohio.
Used to make some myself. They have a couple of plants around here.
For a win-win, you make the washing machine in Ohio, then you cross into Canada to buy it, if you wait until it goes on sale in Canada, and haggle a bit with the salesman here, can probably get it for net 50% off with the exchange rate.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:51 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:You know, with the exchange rate, if you buy your washing machine in Canada, you'll get it 20% cheaper than in the US and avoid any duty at the border under the household goods exemption.
That exchange rate has been changing quickly, this month. USD is in free fall.
Not against the CAD, CAD is up a bit against the USD, but it's still $0.81 USD, unless the price of oil goes up sharply, you'll get at least a 20% discount in Canada, they just round it up here, and pro tip; when you go to buy in Canada, tell them you don't want to pay the Canadian GST, and they'll take another 13% off to make the sale, 33% discount if you drive a hard bargain, plus more if it's on sale, 20% off in Canada can be 53% off to Americans, if they haggle a bit.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Canadians are by and large quite easy to swindle, based on their stubborn resistance to using the US dollar as a currency. I once tricked DrYouth into giving me a brand new snow mobile for a couple of rabbit skins. He's a nice guy, but like the Native Americans who gave us Manhattan for a handful of clam shells, he was an easy mark. The sad thing is, I got tricked out of the snow mobile, because I traded it for a couple of Tom Petty tickets+backstage passes (despite the dude dying, I ended up watching a Petty cover band at a local dive bar), so I became the Canadian in this scenario.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:12 pm

There's an American outlet mall about 1/2 hour down the road from me here, it's owned by Americans, but they have the exact same pricing as in New York, except in CAD instead of USD. It's packed with Americans every weekend, it's set up to draw all the Canadians from Toronto, and the Americans from New York, perfectly positioned half way between, and it's owned by the big American brand retailers, so they can go for volume sales, they don't have to compete with the small retailers, on either side of the border.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:17 pm

We should raise the tariffs another 40% tbh. Let's make it impossible for the parasites to consume cheap goods here state side. When Canada starts complaining about the surge of Haitians and El Salvadorians we need to pick up the weapons our people's foes have left on the battlefield.

"Are you being racist with me you cheeky cunt?"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:25 pm

tbh Nuke, Canada is actually a worse country that Haiti. I would take 10,000 Haitian immigrants over even one Canadian. Most Canadians don't even know what habeus corpus or an internal combustion engine is. I will cut them some slack because they haven't been a country for long, but enough is enough. 89% of Canadian children aren't even vaccinated or given a regular dental cleaning.
Shikata ga nai