THE ERA OF TRUMP

StCapps

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 pm

ooky wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: The cognitive dissonance amongst normies is quite strong. For it to work, people need to be confronted with the horrors of these shit holes, and the point needs to be explicitly made that these are shit holes precisely because of the people the democrats want to flood onto our streets rather than some geographical quirk or political anomaly.
Wow, you just blatantly admitted that you think these countries are shitholes BECAUSE these people are SHIT PEOPLE. That is why all these arguments about "but but but it's not racist because the countries really are shit holes and therefore you liberals are hypocrites" are idiotic.

Again, no one has addressed my point that a huge and direct reason why these places are shit holes are from historic US intervention, and I'll add to that centuries of racism, European-driven slavery, etc.
US intervention did not turn those countries into shitholes, they were already shitholes before US intervention. How about placing some of that blame on the shithole nations themselves instead of prioritizing blame on The US or The West for these nations issues?
*yip*

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:It's actually the fault of the Spanish, Roman Catholic Absolutism deeply ingrained, the Enlightenment simply passed Latin America by.
As if the the English and Germans etc treated indigenous peoples fantastically in the US, and showed unwavering distaste for human bondage of people of African descent, proving we would have done much better in central america and the Caribbean? (??)

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:42 pm

ooky wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
ooky wrote:
Wow, you just blatantly admitted that you think these countries are shitholes BECAUSE these people are SHIT PEOPLE. That is why all these arguments about "but but but it's not racist because the countries really are shit holes and therefore you liberals are hypocrites" are idiotic.

Again, no one has addressed my point that a huge and direct reason why these places are shit holes are from historic US intervention, and I'll add to that centuries of racism, European-driven slavery, etc.
It's always America's fault that nations that were shitholes before the US ever existed persist in being shitholes today.
Nice try. I provided evidence of recent and direct US jackassery in El Salvador. Just because it isn't entirely our fault, does not mean we have not contributed.
El Salvador jackassery in the US,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 pm

ooky wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:It's actually the fault of the Spanish, Roman Catholic Absolutism deeply ingrained, the Enlightenment simply passed Latin America by.
As if the the English and Germans etc treated indigenous peoples fantastically in the US, and showed unwavering distaste for human bondage of people of African descent, proving we would have done much better in central america and the Caribbean? (??)
The Anglo-Saxons ruled by the rule of law, the Roman Catholic Absolutists and Indigenous Peoples ruled by theocracy, Anglo-Saxon Protestant Enlightenment for the win, cry me a river.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:48 pm

You said,
ooky wrote:Our immigration law has traditionally had three stated primary goals: 1) reuniting families, 2) supplying employers and 3) protecting refugees.
What you cited was,
The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) is the national association of more than 15,000 attorneys and law professors who practice and teach immigration law. AILA member attorneys represent U.S. families seeking permanent residence for close family members, as well as U.S. businesses seeking talent from the global marketplace. AILA members also represent foreign students, entertainers, athletes, and asylum seekers, often on a pro bono basis. Founded in 1946, AILA is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that provides continuing legal education, information, professional services, and expertise through its 39 chapters and over 50 national committees.
Do I need to explain that to you, or can you take it from here?

Here's a hint if you haven't figured it out yet, you said it was the stated primary goal of US immigration law, and your citations for this have been two private institutions stating their views on the goals of immigration law.

That's why you are fake news.
Last edited by Okeefenokee on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:49 pm

StCapps wrote:
ooky wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: The cognitive dissonance amongst normies is quite strong. For it to work, people need to be confronted with the horrors of these shit holes, and the point needs to be explicitly made that these are shit holes precisely because of the people the democrats want to flood onto our streets rather than some geographical quirk or political anomaly.

US intervention did not turn those countries into shitholes, they were already shitholes before US intervention. How about placing some of that blame on the shithole nations themselves instead of prioritizing blame on The US or The West for these nations issues?
Hey I was just asked why I thought it was right to let some come in here. I specifically did not only place blame on the US - but it is undeniable we continue to knock em down. But my idea of this country from a small child is that WE were better than how we've sometimes acted. It's the dumb idealist in me, my husband would say (he's not nearly as patriotic as I am). But I do find historical context very important here.

A people oppressed by dictators and crushing poverty and the complete inability of poverty to deal with natural disasters- is that the people's fault? I think from history, and thinking about this with any empathy, would lead any rational, non racist person to see that these places are not always destined to have been and always be shitholes because they contain shit brown and black people.

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:You said,
ooky wrote:Our immigration law has traditionally had three stated primary goals: 1) reuniting families, 2) supplying employers and 3) protecting refugees.
What you cited was,

The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) is the national association of more than 15,000 attorneys and law professors who practice and teach immigration law. AILA member attorneys represent U.S. families seeking permanent residence for close family members, as well as U.S. businesses seeking talent from the global marketplace. AILA members also represent foreign students, entertainers, athletes, and asylum seekers, often on a pro bono basis. Founded in 1946, AILA is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that provides continuing legal education, information, professional services, and expertise through its 39 chapters and over 50 national committees.

Do I need to explain that to you, or can you take it from here?
Here's a hint if you haven't figured it out yet, you said it was the stated primary goal of US immigration law, and your citations for this have been two private institutions stating their views on the goals of immigration law.

That's why you are fake news.
Yep, and one was from a super conservative source and one was from a super liberal source. One was from 25 years ago, one was from today. Both are authored by known experts in the study of US immigration. It's almost as if...hear me out, there may be some sort of consensus here. I don't even understand what you are claiming is fake.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:53 pm

Fucking white people, amirite?