THE ERA OF TRUMP

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:14 pm

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
StCapps wrote:If there is one thing you can count on Trump for, it's trolling the media.

Trump claims he didn't actually say the phrase shit hole. It might be the media trolling themselves.

If it's deliberate, it's almost as genius as the "it's okay to be white" posters.
Except the "it's okay to be white" posters aren't front page news, so it's way more genius, because it's actually got the public's attention, unlike those poster.

It takes a few more cognitive steps for whites to realize we are getting a bum deal with this nonwhite immigration policy, though. The cognitive dissonance amongst normies is quite strong. For it to work, people need to be confronted with the horrors of these shit holes, and the point needs to be explicitly made that these are shit holes precisely because of the people the democrats want to flood onto our streets rather than some geographical quirk or political anomaly.

With the poster, the negative reaction from the left was racist as fuck and not really easily ignored. It takes zero effort to get the normies to see that.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Not saying try to come back right away, I'm saying don't exacerbate your time in the wilderness by running a McGovern type, that will merely delay the bounce back. If you run extra big McGovern type chumps, then you are refilling the other sides gas tank, that's not helpful, at all.
You don't have that much control once you get tossed out, when you're in the down phase, the party commences to infighting, the populist ass clowns will take advantage and fill the vacuum of your weakness with their ideological candidate, you can't really stop it until they overplay their hands, so you just bide your time and feed them rope until they blow themselves up and then the sheep all come home to you, because they want to win again.
:lol: Then some BLM bitch takes your microphone and makes you stand in the back.
No that happens first when you overpromise and under deliver and mollycoddle these assholes. That is what Smitty means by being bums even amongst your own base you become the bums.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:31 pm

Fife wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Fife wrote:
I see what you did there.
help me out.
Gonna bend a rule here and explain nuke's joke. Mainly because you are a good dude, and because you're too young to get the beauty of his post.

Plus, it means I get to post the actual vidya. :goteam: :drunk:

That is beautiful.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Fife wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I'M ON A SHITHOLE
RADIO
I see what you did there. Lots of the yankees and nords, and all the youngsters won't pick up on that.

I hear the talking of the dj
Can't understand just what does he say?
:P A fucking classic.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:32 pm

pineapplemike wrote:fun article focusing on how Trump's words are translated across the globe
Countries where birds don’t lay eggs: How Trump's 's***hole' remarks were translated around the world
Japan's Sankei translates the profanity as 'Benjo no yō ni kitanai kuni', meaning 'countries that are dirty like toilets'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 56721.html

It was a debate that many journalists likely never expected to face: How to properly quote the president of the United States saying the words “s***hole countries”. Deciding what to do with his remarks – and whether to censor them in news reports – was tough enough for the press in the US. It was, after all, a vulgar phrase not usually fit for a newspaper or television.

But imagine trying to make sense of it in a different language. Every culture has its profanities, to be sure, but they do not always translate well.

The main daily newspapers in El Salvador, one of the countries maligned by the president, went with the translation “agujeros de mierda,” which essentially means “holes of s***.”

“Why do we have all these people from countries (who are a) hole of s*** coming here?” read Trump’s translated remarks, from the Spanish news agency EFE.

“It’s a bit literal,” one Spanish-speaking reader tweeted.

Some foreign news outlets took an easier approach – to disregard the “hole".

Most French media went with the phrase “pays de merde,” which essentially means “s***ty countries.”

In Finnish, one translation of the phrase was “persläpimaat”, which literally means “a***hole countries".

In Swahili, Trump’s phrase would likely be translated into “Bongo land”, a term used to describe poor or uncivilized places, Jan Blommaert, a Belgian linguistic anthropologist, told The Post. It’s a phrase considered disparaging by many. The phrase “Bongo Bongo Land” :lol: was actually banned for its members by Ukip in 2013 after a member of European Parliament used it to describe countries receiving government aid.

Some of the oddest translations of Trump’s latest crudity showed up in Asian news outlets.

Taiwan’s Central News Agency went with niao bu sheng dan de guo jia, meaning “countries where birds don’t lay eggs”, :lol: as Quartz pointed out. Japan’s Sankei used “Benjo no yō ni kitanai kuni”, meaning “countries that are dirty like toilets".

As Anna Fifield, Tokyo bureau chief for The Washington Post, noted, South Korean media had to spell out the word in English.

In Germany, a common translation was “drecksloch”, which conveys a garbage dump.

“We used that a lot back when he called the White House a dump (simpler times!), but it doesn’t work for countries,” one German interpreter argued on Twitter.

Reached by a reporter early on Friday morning, House, the linguist in Hamburg, said she hadn’t read Trump’s original words in English yet – only the translation in a German daily.

“Is it dirthole?” she asked.

Close, but not quite.
I'm gonna need the pigin speak.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: The cognitive dissonance amongst normies is quite strong. For it to work, people need to be confronted with the horrors of these shit holes, and the point needs to be explicitly made that these are shit holes precisely because of the people the democrats want to flood onto our streets rather than some geographical quirk or political anomaly.
Wow, you just blatantly admitted that you think these countries are shitholes BECAUSE these people are SHIT PEOPLE. That is why all these arguments about "but but but it's not racist because the countries really are shit holes and therefore you liberals are hypocrites" are idiotic.

Again, no one has addressed my point that a huge and direct reason why these places are shit holes are from historic US intervention, and I'll add to that centuries of racism, European-driven slavery, etc.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:36 pm

ooky wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: The cognitive dissonance amongst normies is quite strong. For it to work, people need to be confronted with the horrors of these shit holes, and the point needs to be explicitly made that these are shit holes precisely because of the people the democrats want to flood onto our streets rather than some geographical quirk or political anomaly.
Wow, you just blatantly admitted that you think these countries are shitholes BECAUSE these people are SHIT PEOPLE. That is why all these arguments about "but but but it's not racist because the countries really are shit holes and therefore you liberals are hypocrites" are idiotic.

Again, no one has addressed my point that a huge and direct reason why these places are shit holes are from historic US intervention, and I'll add to that centuries of racism, European-driven slavery, etc.
It's always America's fault that nations that were shitholes before the US ever existed persist in being shitholes today.

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Pretty much goes with what I think.

http://www.aila.org/infonet/aila-policy ... ased-immig
The United States has long recognized family unity as a core national value. As such, since the
Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) was enacted in 1965, our immigration system has
required most intending immigrants to demonstrate that they possess either close family ties to
an individual in the United States or employment-based skills that are sought by a U.S.-based
employer.1 For more than half a century, our country and our communities have reaped the
extensive benefits of family-based immigration policies: family immigration drives small
business creation, fuels innovation, promotes integration, ensures the maintenance of strong
family support systems, and strengthens our nation.2

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 pm

It's actually the fault of the Spanish, Roman Catholic Absolutism deeply ingrained, the Enlightenment simply passed Latin America by.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
ooky wrote:

It's always America's fault that nations that were shitholes before the US ever existed persist in being shitholes today.
Nice try. I provided evidence of recent and direct US jackassery in El Salvador. Just because it isn't entirely our fault, does not mean we have not contributed.