THE ERA OF TRUMP

ooky

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by ooky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Martin Hash wrote:ooky doesn't debate; she's just does drive-bys. I no longer care what her opinion is. You have to EARN an opinion.
I know, and I've apologized for that before. Just too busy, and arguing with you guys is kind of a time consuming vice, because my natural tendency is to argue. However I do spend most of my time here just reading, for that very reason. I still like to hear from the other side of the aisle. It helps me think more clearly about all of this craziness.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:55 pm

ooky wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:ooky doesn't debate; she's just does drive-bys. I no longer care what her opinion is. You have to EARN an opinion.
I know, and I've apologized for that before. Just too busy, and arguing with you guys is kind of a time consuming vice, because my natural tendency is to argue. However I do spend most of my time here just reading, for that very reason. I still like to hear from the other side of the aisle. It helps me think more clearly about all of this craziness.
Forgiven.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:57 pm

26230394_1523939670993410_4297246801942696999_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 pm

The primary way that these folks anchor themselves in the USA from the shithole countries, is the family based immigration system, America emphasizes sponsorship, so if one gets anchored, they can then sponsor the rest. Whereas in Canada for example, this is not the case, it's a points system here, if you want to bring a family member in, they have to qualify on their own merits, they have to have the points, if they don't have the points, too bad so sad. That's basically what Trump wants the congress to enact in the USA.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:04 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The primary way that these folks anchor themselves in the USA from the shithole countries, is the family based immigration system, America emphasizes sponsorship, so if one gets anchored, they can then sponsor the rest. Whereas in Canada for example, this is not the case, it's a points system here, if you want to bring a family member in, they have to qualify on their own merits, they have to have the points, if they don't have the points, too bad so sad. That's basically what Trump wants the congress to enact in the USA.
Merit-based immigration doesn't vote Democrat.

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 pm

DBTrek wrote:
ooky wrote:
Should these displaced people be here under ONLY TPS, or a "permanent" TPS? Probably not ...
There we go. Look at that, ooky. When you move past the emotional reaction of hating Trump, blaming America for every problem the third world encounters, and beating that racism drum into dust - Your rational side agrees.
We don’t want to be the dumping ground for shithole nations.

Aspiring businessman X wants to leave Zaire to build a company in America - apply for citizenship and come on in.
The UN wants to ship 100,000 war refugees with no interest in being Americans to our shores because the tribesmen are committing genocide against each other again?

No thanks.
/shrug
Well my rational side personally says we should actually make people who have lived here for years, who want to be here, and who have real ties and bonds with this country, legal through permanent means. I think those people should be addressed (and most made legal) as a priority before we allow other immigrants in, as a rule.

The UN didn't ship these people. Most came because they were personally desperate, and many broke laws to either get here or to stay here, but personally I would do the same if I thought my daughter would have a vastly better life, or more to the point has no chance of a good life, staying where I was. That's just me, though.

Our immigration law has traditionally had three stated primary goals: 1) reuniting families, 2) supplying employers and 3) protecting refugees. To that I would add a "darkside" incentive of capitalists' desire for a modern allowable slave labor class, which I think is part of the reason immigration is and has been so messed up for so long and why policy should more clearly and directly address that darkside than it ever has. But to the stated goals, I agree with all three, and I can see that many here only agree with #2 from that list. Fine, that's a reasonable difference of opinion but I still think that 1 and 3 are very worthy.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The primary way that these folks anchor themselves in the USA from the shithole countries, is the family based immigration system, America emphasizes sponsorship, so if one gets anchored, they can then sponsor the rest. Whereas in Canada for example, this is not the case, it's a points system here, if you want to bring a family member in, they have to qualify on their own merits, they have to have the points, if they don't have the points, too bad so sad. That's basically what Trump wants the congress to enact in the USA.
Merit-based immigration doesn't vote Democrat.
Indeed, the Democrats are mooching around for cheap votes in the shithole countries at this juncture, altho I can see a point in the future where Democrats break ranks on this and some of them at least come around to merit based, as it becomes more popular in the swing states.

IMO, SJW is a dead end for the Democrats, at some point they're going to need to break out of the Blue Cantonments, and the ones that do, will have to purple themselves up to win, and merit based immigration is a no brainer purple position.

It's the system endorsed by Canadian Liberals, how right wing can it really be? If Justin Trudeau can do it, then it's hardly forbidden liberal fruit.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Canada has a parliament, other Parties actually can exist. Since America is all or nothing, everything is perversely politicized.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Actually, it's the opposite, a Westminster Parliament is all or nothing, once you have parliamentary supremacy, you can impose your agenda here with minimal obstruction, it's in America where you have to cut deals and make concessions, Justin Trudeau rules here with an iron fist, until such time as he loses the confidence of the house.

America is perversely politicized, because a win is never really a win, you cannot win outright in the USA, whereas in Canada, you can, and once you do, there's nothing to fight about until the next election.

There's no point in discussing anything in Canada, until 2019, there's no permanent campaign here, because there's no vote Trudeau is going to lose, until he loses a vote of confidence.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:27 pm

Does not your parliament form coalitions? How does it differ from Britain's?