Utrecht shooting: 'At least one dead' after 'potential terror attack' on tram

Smitty-48

Re: Utrecht shooting: 'At least one dead' after 'potential terror attack' on tram

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Manwithnoname wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:35 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:29 pm
Manwithnoname wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:26 pm
Aww Smitty. You guys are just us with funny accents. The Aussie probably bailed because he knew he wasn't going to be able to out swim a pissed off and horny Canadian on a frozen lake.
My Da had all his hockey mates with him, your man was deep in hostile territory outnumbered and surrounded.

The Aussie Life Guard putting the moves on the Canadian chicks with his charming Aussie ways.

Had to put a stop to that nonsense.

This was back when Canada was a bit rougher than it is now.
Having had the pleasure of a few of your lovely backpacking girls in my younger days, I can't say I blame him from trying.

Having watched many an ice hockey game, I also can't blame him from deciding that it was probably a good idea to walk away from the table while he still had legs to walk with.
My Da was bluffing. My Da was only violent on the ice. Hockey rules is keep it on the ice.

Otherwise My Da would only fight in self defense, so he wasn't gonna do anything, my Da was a big softie.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Re: Utrecht shooting: 'At least one dead' after 'potential terror attack' on tram

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:42 pm

My Da was a Pacifist Beatnik, his military heroes was the MacKenzie-Papineau fighting for the Republic.

He'd march with the parades, but he would always cut off the route to touch the tiny monument to the Mac-Paps at Queens Park.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Not that I have anything against the Mac-Paps, other than the fact that they were naive lefties.

Commie Stooges for Stalin.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:48 pm

As an aside - what do you think the shooter was thinking as he got out of the car? I mean it's an all or nothing play at that point. Get it wrong, get tackled before anything happens, and you look like a fuck wit and will be in jail for at least 10 years... get it right and you are either dead or locked in a cage until you die.

I hope the next one uses a go-pro and a heart meter.
Carlin delenda est

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:51 pm

He prepared himself mentally. Steel resolve.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Manwithnoname wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:48 pm
As an aside - what do you think the shooter was thinking as he got out of the car? I mean it's an all or nothing play at that point. Get it wrong, get tackled before anything happens, and you look like a fuck wit and will be in jail for at least 10 years... get it right and you are either dead or locked in a cage until you die.

I hope the next one uses a go-pro and a heart meter.
Seemed to be Waffen Spergin' to me, it was ritual, live fire vidya game.

Which is actually how we get the state sanctioned troops to commit mass murder as well.

Fig Eleven Targets, Watch and Shoot, Wash Rinse Repeat.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:57 pm

It's exactly as Paul Cale says.

North German Protestant Infantry Reconnaissance Patrolmen.

We didn't begrudge violence.

We embraced violence as meaning.

We exploded with violence at the drop of a hat, and it was transcendent joy.

I just won't do it for free.

State sanction it and pay me the Queen's Schilling, or take a lap.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Yeah, it was interesting. Ice cold water running through the veins that day. A couple of fumbles early on, but once he was committed he got calmer. I was expecting him to be doing lots of 'fuck yeah!' stuff as he drove away, but he was pin prick eyes just going to the next job.

Had a fella here - Julian Knight - who killed 7 and wounded X2 or X3 back in the 80's and they showed police interviews of him right after they grabbed him and was 'yeah, so what? I had a bad day.' I reckon his pulse would have been at a resting rate.

Difference being that Knight didn't plan it. Thought about it many times but just picked a day that everything pissed him off. This fella -Tarrent? - planned it for 2 years. When he picked up the gun and started walking to the mosque the adrenaline must have been through the roof.
Carlin delenda est

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Adrenal dump is gonna happen, it's ice cold, but like fear, there is fear, but you just condition yourself to be ready for it, then you harness it as energy in order to close with maximum speed violence and aggression.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:09 pm

And I mean, you can call it a massacre, which it is.

But in the state sanctioned mass murder business, we have a word for massacre; it's called an ambush.
Nec Aspera Terrent