Compelled Speech in Canada

TheReal_ND

Re: Compelled Speech in Canada

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Nukedog wrote:Wait what? I can shout whatever I want into a bullhorn. What sorcery is this?
Probably not, because there are incitement laws in the US, it's not like there are no criminal penalties in the US for incitement against the peace, although, I concede that you would have broader lattitude in the US, under Brandenburg v. Ohio; "imminent lawless action".

Well obviously. Everyone knows not to shout "gas" in a crowded temple.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Canada is indeed stricter when it comes to "likely to breach the peace" as opposed to "imminent lawless action", but that California law has nothing to do with it, invoking that California law as being a proxy for section 319 in Canada is canardum ad absurdum, apples to oranges.

The Canadian law is all about incitement against the peace, what pronoun is neither here nor there, the California law is simply say the wrong thing to the wrong person, no willful incitement against anything therein. Two totally different ballgames.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:48 pm

In all fairness, according to the laws creators, it isn't a new law, but an expansion of existing rules about providing proper care that already govern a particular field. I can still tell a trannie I think they are mentally ill, if I am so inclined, but now the rules governing how I treat a patient, as a health care professional, at my job, have expanded.

They are arguing that those rules didn't result in jail time before, so the expanded version won't lead to them now.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:In all fairness, according to the laws creators, it isn't a new law, but an expansion of existing rules about providing proper care that already govern a particular field. I can still tell a trannie I think they are mentally ill, if I am so inclined, but now the rules governing how I treat a patient, as a health care professional, at my job, have expanded.

They are arguing that those rules didn't result in jail time before, so the expanded version won't lead to them now.
Well, there's nothing like that in Bill C16, unless, in your role as a healthcare professional, you began communicating for the purposes of willfully inciting hatred likely to breach the peace, thing is, you can say "I think" anything, once you put the caveat "I think" into the mix, now it's constitutionally protected under section 2 of the charter, so long as you don't move into "you should think" territory, you're good to go.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:58 pm

I think you're a mutilated trannie :? :hiding:

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:In all fairness, according to the laws creators, it isn't a new law, but an expansion of existing rules about providing proper care that already govern a particular field. I can still tell a trannie I think they are mentally ill, if I am so inclined, but now the rules governing how I treat a patient, as a health care professional, at my job, have expanded.

Well, there's nothing like that in Bill C16, unless, in your role as a healthcare professional, you began communicating for the purposes of willfully inciting hatred likely to breach the peace, thing is, you can say "I think" anything, once you put the caveat "I think" into the mix, now it's constitutionally protected under section 2 of the charter, so long as you don't move into "you should think" territory, you're good to go.
That is the big difference here, as far as I can suss it out. This has nothing to do with inciting hatred, it has to do with 'harming' the patient directly. Which is the dangerous thing about it.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Nukedog wrote:I think you're a mutilated trannie :? :hiding:
Would probably get you fired, the tranny could probably sue your employer, but wouldn't catch a criminal charge for that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:02 pm

fired
Haha. Jokes on it. I could probably make more begging under a bridge than working at a steel mill.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Nukedog wrote:
fired
Haha. Jokes on it. I could probably make more begging under a bridge than working at a steel mill.
I wouldn't work in an old folks home for all the money in the world, can't stand old people, they're not as bad as children, but close enough, daycare center, old folks home, there's no price worth putting up with that.

I'm not taking care of anyone, whom I wouldn't be permitted to threaten ominously into shutting the fuck up, or else. My pappy always took good care of me, but sho you know I would have got a whuppin' if I ever failed to heed the ominous warning, and that was fair enough.

And when my pappy got old? Sho you know I put a whuppin' on him, paybacks a bitch, old man, lol. It's good to play hockey with your father, but if he comes yip yapping at'chas and grabbing your sweater like he's the linesman; whup, down he goes.
Nec Aspera Terrent

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:50 pm

More about the forced pledge from lawyers in Canada