How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Fife

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:48 pm

The duopoly has won the race. From here on it's a big fantasy party until the lamps run out.

And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Fife wrote:The duopoly has won the race. From here on it's a big fantasy party until the lamps run out.

And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.
Dark........................ so Dark

I prescribe Tennessee Whiskey, 2 drams, morning, noon and night.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Fife wrote:Where did that $6,700 per cap come from?
I don't know, but I want that money back. At $6,700 a year I can put that money into investments (or even just a savings account), and by the time I am 70 taking 10 different medications daily, and having multiple surgeries every year I will be able to afford to pay every expense out of pocket.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:16 pm

"Phase 3" will be the pearl necklace these fucking losers will wear all the way down to Davy Jones' locker.

Fuck these Phase 3 bastards.

But.... "don't worry," phases 2 & 3 are coming. FFS

Tom Cotton just exploded the GOP's lies about RINOcare: 'There is no 3-step plan'
Proponents of the American Health Care Act claim that full repeal of Obamacare cannot be accomplished in one bill due to limitations imposed by the budget reconciliation process. House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc. made this point at length in a press conference held last week. Republican leadership in the House of Representatives insists that the best way to move forward on repeal is in a three-step process.
WTF is Trump kissing Ryan's ass? You can bet your country ass he is.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:34 pm

Don't worry honey. I know it looks like I'm fucking you. And it feels like I'm fucking you. But I'm just in Phase I of giving you a backrub.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:44 pm

ssu wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:Can someone please, for the of God, explain to me why all of Western Europe, Canada, Japan, and Taiwan can all find ways to not only get healthcare to everyone, but also have it be decent and at a lower cost. While my country, America, "greatest nation in the world" comes up with this...thing.

I'm sure somebody is going to bring up the ever increasing corruption, but it hasn't always been that bad, and the political system in other countries was able to put in a decent, or at least functioning, system.
Oh that's easy.

Everywhere else healthcare is viewed as a service that the public sector gives to it's citizens while as in the US it's a normal business that is done to make profits. This is the root cause of everything.
You know, I have come to realized that certain things the government should be doing, at free or very little cost, to all of its people and that these things should never be privatized. One of them being Healthcare (yeah, I am in favor for a single payer system and/or just outright government run, but free for all, healthcare. Another topic I think should never be sold, privately, should be education, but that is another totally different topic.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:01 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Don't worry honey. I know it looks like I'm fucking you. And it feels like I'm fucking you. But I'm just in Phase I of giving you a backrub.
Meh. Not really one of my top issues. Let's wait and see. I had no illusions anyone else was going to improve it.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:15 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Don't worry honey. I know it looks like I'm fucking you. And it feels like I'm fucking you. But I'm just in Phase I of giving you a backrub.
Meh. Not really one of my top issues. Let's wait and see. I had no illusions anyone else was going to improve it.
Failing to improve healthcare, and privatizing my genetic information are VERY different things.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:16 pm

If only we could get remove health care form employment.. What could possibly solve that problem?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:If only we could get remove health care form employment.. What could possibly solve that problem?
Not sure. It was a bonus of all things during the 50's. Instead of housing or other things some great unionized companies bankrolled health care for good employees they wanted to attract. Then congress caught wind of what they were doing and made it mandatory shortly after.