How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Speaker to Animals

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:29 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Once again I’ve read this $6 bil is only to subsidize the Co-pays. That would only be for people without Medicaid health in their State. For example, Street People in WA State have AppleCare which covers every cent of their healthcare whereas Poor people pay an Obamacare subsidized premium & a small Co-pay at each visit.

The GOP is making a huge mistake. Repealing both laws and providing Medicare for anybody who cannot get or reasonably afford private insurance would represent a first step in cementing their hegemony for generations like the democrats did to them in 1932.

The correct answer is so obvious. Just expand Medicare. But what they do instead leads me to believe they simply are too ideological to actually do it.
I think I know why, and without trying to be insulting, I see the same cognitive dissonance in you. You accept & applaud an arising aristocracy, yet at the same time want something that works against their interests. The aristocracy wants to keep what they get, and giving some of their money to other citizens isn't part of that strategy.

I really don't want an aristocracy. There is a difference between recognizing that some unpleasant truth is happening and wanting it to happen.

I would rather have a society where everybody participates and sacrifices. Remember when the Democratic party was based on communitarian principles? Ask not what your country can do for you,
but what you can do for your country..
What happened to that?

But, in this case, I think it stems from the neocon and libertarian ideologies which still infect the GOP. We need to revert to actual right wing politics in the GOP (pre-Depression) and back towards liberal/communitarian politics in the Democratic party. There is nothing about Medicare that is contrary to right wing politics. People confusingly assume the ham-fisted response to the previous realignment and the New Deal it spawned is the default position. It's not. It was just the only way those dummies could think of to gain power. Those guys back then were as stupid and hopeless as their Democratic party counterparts are today.

Ideologies like libertarianism and Marxism are what erode our republic today, and will create an aristocracy down the line if we are not careful to push back.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:36 am

You already have an aristocracy, and it has nothing to do with libertarians or commies.
/shrugs

There is no such thing as a society without an aristocracy, it's doesn't exist and it never will exist. You can either ignore it and pretend there is no aristocracy, or you can deal with it existing and plan accordingly, and the latter is clearly the better option.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:48 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
StCapps wrote:Can't stop digging his own grave that's StA for you.

You are the little man with a shovel in his hand, standing in a hole. It's surprising to me that you keep doubling down on this absurdity. Please explain how I was supposed to think a faceless, featureless effigy was literally a representation of Trump. .
My entire posting history, and the little string of “dollar bills” flying out of the briefcase.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:50 am

He still doesn't want to admit he fell for GrumpyCatFace's trap, like the chump that he is, even if it means continuing to dig his own grave deeper and deeper.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:51 am

StCapps wrote:You already have an aristocracy, and it has nothing to do with libertarians or commies.
/shrugs

There is no such thing as a society without an aristocracy, it's doesn't exist and it never will exist. You can either ignore it and pretend there is no aristocracy, or you can deal with it existing and plan accordingly, and the latter is clearly the better option.
High Progressive tax rates & confiscatory Inheritance taxes.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:53 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Ideologies like libertarianism and Marxism are what erode our republic today, and will create an aristocracy down the line if we are not careful to push back.
Collectivism on The Left, Libertarianism on The Right, but most liberty in The Center.

"Most liberty to most people." - me

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:02 am

Martin Hash wrote:High Progressive tax rates & confiscatory Inheritance taxes.
Won't end aristocracy, and the later of which is a particularly awful idea, plus it's anti-family at it's core. The rich will just hide their resources so the government can't confiscate it, there will be loopholes, this will only apply to the poor who lack the resources to hide their wealth and pass it down to their family, it will just make the aristocracy stronger really. So epic fail.

Government policy and regulation cannot end aristocracy, government intervention is not effective enough at it's job that it can do that. Martin Hash doesn't know better than everyone else the best way to hand down their own resources when they die, and neither does the government.

You don't even address the problem you are trying to resolve with a confiscatory inheritance tax, it won't even put a dent in the aristocracy, yet it will have massive negatives associated with it, you really need to drop that idiotic idea.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:08 am

Eat The Rich is one sure-fire way to insure the immanence of the state and the death of our culture.

Fuck your taxes, Martin. All of them.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:12 am

StCapps wrote:He still doesn't want to admit he fell for GrumpyCatFace's trap, like the chump that he is, even if it means continuing to dig his own grave deeper and deeper.

You still won't explain this "trap". I made a joke about him wanting to assassinate the president, and like a true pothead, you thought I beliheved some photo was literally Trump? It doesn't even follow that it's a "trap when the photo bears no resemblance to Trump.

God, maybe you are retarded, then.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:44 am

What can I say, most people here support aristocracies.