THE ERA OF TRUMP

StCapps

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:14 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
I wouldn't trade Barrie now, the Avs have to try to make the playoffs, you can't start selling now, not the way MacKinnon is on a role, you have to get behind the cart and push, it's more important to get winning again, shake off that loser culture, you can get players in the draft, there's lots of players you could get in the draft, Joe Moreno, Ryan McLeod, Ryan Merkely...
Well you can never have too many good RHD, keeping him isn't the worst option in the world, that's for sure.
There's no reason to sell anymore, you got Jost, Rantanen, Makar, Timmins, just keep drafting, it's not like MacKinnon is old, there's no rush.
Mikko Rantanen has 41 points in 41 games, point per game, playing with Super Saiyan MacKinnon helps, but he's also been making big strides this year. Zadorov starting to look real good too, looked a little shaky to start the year but coming on stronger and stronger as the season progresses. Erik Johnson isn't shit anymore, he can play 25 mins a game and looks good doing it, Landeskog is better than ever, it's fucking great Smitty.

Girard looks like he's going to be a stud down the line, pretty damn good already, tons of development for the Avs going on, keeping Bednar is starting to really work out. We don't lose when we are leading in the third we're like 18-2-1 or some shit when that's the scenario. This season is pretty awesome. Varlamov got hurt though, and it's only a matter of time before he full on tears his groing again, goaltending is our achilles heel, not sure we'll make the playoffs, but with MacKinnon, anything is possible. Barrie will be back soon enough as well.

Plus Makar and Timmins developing better than expected so far on top of it all, the future is bright, but we won't be a legit cup contender until 2020, that's when we'll be ready if we can keep the mojo going.
Smitty-48 wrote:Also should point out that I said last year that MacKinnon was in the same class as Mathews, and you were doubting that, once again, told ya so.
Yeah you called it, I just refused to believe it until I saw it consistently at the NHL level, and now I'm sure as shit seeing it, Hart nominee, might even win the damn thing, he's that good now.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:19 pm

Yeah, quick turn around, I guess you can't trash Bednar anymore, he da man now.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:23 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, quick turn around, I guess you can't trash Bednar anymore, he da man now.
Yeah, he's really starting to win me over, the development of many our young players, all of a sudden, practically simultaneously after we traded Duchene, can't be mere coincidence. I was getting worried about his usage of Girard, but ever since Barrie went down, he's giving him the Barrie role and he's blossoming. Johnson-Zadorov love that pairing too, it's all starting to click.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:26 pm

You're basically where the Leafs were last year, just have to stay ahead of Minnesota, or catch Dallas, or a bit of both.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:26 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:You're basically where the Leafs were last year, just have to stay ahead of Minnesota.
We just smashed them tonight, 7-2, big statement game from the boys in burgundy and blue, even our jerseys are way better these days, look good, feel good, play good.
8-)
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:28 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:You're basically where the Leafs were last year, just have to stay ahead of Minnesota.
We just smashed them tonight, 7-2, big statement game from the boys.
Minnesota ain't all that, it's not like you're being chased by Tampa Bay like we were last year, without the Duchene AIDS, it's an all new Avs, playoffs are totally doable.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:31 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
We just smashed them tonight, 7-2, big statement game from the boys.
Minnesota ain't all that, it's not like you're being chased by Tampa Bay like we were last year, without the Duchene AIDS, it's an all new Avs, playoffs are totally doable.
How good do you think Girard could be? He looks great at 19, that I do know, can't ask for much more out the kid, especially since Barrie went down.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:32 pm

Barrie has been missing games and he still on pace for 60 points, you're going to need Barrie, you can't trade Barrie now, fuckin' playoffs n' shit yo.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:34 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:We just smashed them tonight, 7-2, big statement game from the boys.
How good do you think Girard could be? He looks great at 19, that I do know, can't ask for much more out the kid, especially since Barrie went down.
Could be huge honestly, ceiling is Kris Letang maybe?
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:40 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Barrie has been missing games and he still on pace for 60 points, you're going to need Barrie, you can't trade Barrie now, fuckin' playoffs n' shit yo.
I guess, we are sitting in a playoff spot right now, guess a 10-3-1 run will do that. Too late to tank now, might as well win.
Smitty-48 wrote:Could be huge honestly, ceiling is Kris Letang maybe?
*yip*