THE ERA OF TRUMP

StCapps

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I've seen some of his previous platform already back when he considered a third party run and got endorsed by David Duke the first time. I mean not personally, but I read a little about it. Seems the same idk. I think Bannon would like to think he had as much influence as he thinks. Trump listens to everyone but makes up his own mind at the end of the day.
He makes up his own mind based on putting his finger in the wind and figuring out what he needs to say to get attention and influence, he was never hard right before, back in the day, Trump was a Democrat, New York liberal, he had no use for pandering to white supremacists, until he did, soon as he thinks they are of no further use to him, he chucks them under the bus.

Trump is all about Trump, he has no agenda other than promoting the Trump brand, and he'll switch positions in a heartbeat, if he thinks it's conducive to promoting himself above all.
Nailed it.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:56 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Yet you surely understand the basic tenant of America First has long been his principle. Which is why David Duke endorsed him the first time he considered running. Sounds to me like you and (((Wolff))) enjoy spinning narratives based on your own opinions but to each their own.
It's Trump First, not America First, silly. Trump First doesn't sell as well to the rubes is all, don't be naive.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:56 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I've seen some of his previous platform already back when he considered a third party run and got endorsed by David Duke the first time. I mean not personally, but I read a little about it. Seems the same idk. I think Bannon would like to think he had as much influence as he thinks. Trump listens to everyone but makes up his own mind at the end of the day.
He makes up his own mind based on putting his finger in the wind and figuring out what he needs to say to get attention and influence, he was never hard right before, back in the day, Trump was a Democrat, New York liberal, he had no use for pandering to white supremacists, until he did, soon as he thinks they are of no further use to him, he chucks them under the bus.

Trump is all about Trump, he has no agenda other than promoting the Trump brand, and he'll switch positions in a heartbeat, if he thinks it's conducive to promoting himself above all.
Yet you surely understand the basic tenant of America First has long been his principle. Which is why David Duke endorsed him the first time he considered running. Sounds to me like you and (((Wolff))) enjoy spinning narratives based on your own opinions but to each their own.
America First can mean anything, it's just sloganeering, it's not even Trump who said America First, that was Nixon, who Roger Stone worked for, Trump is lifting that from Nixon, via the Nixonian operator Roger Stone.

MAGA is Ronald Reagan, Trump doesn't make this stuff up, he just lifts it from the past, political plagiarism.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Yet you surely understand the basic tenant of America First has long been his principle. Which is why David Duke endorsed him the first time he considered running. Sounds to me like you and (((Wolff))) enjoy spinning narratives based on your own opinions but to each their own.
America First can mean anything, it's just sloganeering, it's not even Trump who said America First, that was Nixon, who Roger Stone worked for, Trump is lifting that from Nixon, via the Nixonian operator Roger Stone.
Nah that shit is straight out 1930's politics. The "America First" crowd wanted America to stay out of WWII, and were accused of being Nazi Sympathizers, sound familiar? Nothing ever changes in America, it's just the cycle come back around, culture is destiny.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:59 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Apparently this (((Wolff))) guy has already caught heat back in 98 when writing about Gold Rush or whatever his book was called on the Silicon Valley .com bubble. People have been griping about this guy exaggerating statements and falsely quoting them already. I would be interested, considering his previously scurrilous record, why the fuck he was ever around the campaign to begin with. New York buddy? Friend of Kushner? Who knows.
Yeah I got that from Shapiro yesterday. He's been taking Bannon apart for a while now. I take the word of the guy that actually knows him and puts his own name on the statements he's making over some canuck reading a book from a known fabricator.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:00 pm

StCapps wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Yet you surely understand the basic tenant of America First has long been his principle. Which is why David Duke endorsed him the first time he considered running. Sounds to me like you and (((Wolff))) enjoy spinning narratives based on your own opinions but to each their own.
It's Trump First, not America First, silly. Trump First doesn't sell as well to the rubes is all, don't be naive.
I'll feel pretty naive when he decides wall funding is good enough for DACA amnesty. Right now he's demanding RAISE, an end to chain immigration, lottery immigration, nation wide e-verify and wall funding. Feeling pretty good about my support right now.

But this (((Wolff))) guy has a history of falsely quoting people and I surely won't be reading that jewish drivel.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 pm

uh.. no... Shapiro is definitely not an objective or unbiased perspective.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:uh.. no... Shapiro is definitely not an objective or unbiased perspective.
Especially when it comes to Bannon, he's a hysterical Bannon hater.
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Apparently this (((Wolff))) guy has already caught heat back in 98 when writing about Gold Rush or whatever his book was called on the Silicon Valley .com bubble. People have been griping about this guy exaggerating statements and falsely quoting them already. I would be interested, considering his previously scurrilous record, why the fuck he was ever around the campaign to begin with. New York buddy? Friend of Kushner? Who knows.
Yeah I got that from Shapiro yesterday. He's been taking Bannon apart for a while now. I take the word of the guy that actually knows him and puts his own name on the statements he's making over some canuck reading a book from a known fabricator.
Apparently Bannon was doing an interview the other day while this book was in the news cycle. They managed to screen calls for the first hour but at the end of the second hour a caller asked him what his stance was on the book. He just sheepishly proclaimed his endorsement of Trump.

This guy must have went to (((Wolff)) back when he was having a fit and now regrets it. Surely he does as he's been running from donor to donor like a mad man of late. Some Asian billionaire is his next mark.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:07 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Nah that shit is straight out 1930's politics. The "America First" crowd wanted America to stay out of WWII, and were accused of being Nazi Sympathizers, sound familiar? Nothing ever changes in America, it's just the cycle come back around, culture is destiny.
Fair enough, but I think Trump is actually taking it from Nixon, everything Trump is doing is classically Nixonian, it's all of a piece, and it's all Roger Stone, who has been trying to get Trump to be his muse for decades now.

The Nixonian version of America First was quite different from the America Firsters of the 1930's, and the Trump version is the Nixonian version, not the 1930's version.

Neither Nixon nor Trump was/is actually an isolationist.
Nec Aspera Terrent