THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Never mind that the Boomers already SIFCLF'd when they were young, the Boomers were the biggest SLFCLF's of them all, until they weren't

Remember back in the seventies, when the Boomers were SLFCLFing about "ZOMG Cable TV!" being the doom of the nation?

Ytards like Grumpy go on about the Boomers this n' that, but Gen X has heard it all before, from his mommy. Millenials are just Echo Boomers, they sound exactly the same as the Boomers did, circa about 1971 to 1981.

Cable TV was going turn the nation into automatons and destroy democracy, and then we were all going to die in the Nuclear Winter? Member that?

According to the Boomers younger SIFCLFing selves, we were all killed in a nuclear war about twenty five years ago or so. All their doomsday scenarios played out in the early to mid 90's
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:30 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The difference between Gen X and Gen Y, is that Gen X figured out that there was no point in squawking about this shit, a long time ago, Gen Y are still pissing into the wind, because they haven't noticed yet that they are already over and the world has already passed them by.

Millennials are what, pushing forty now? Like, wake up, GenY, you're old already, it didn't happen for you, and it's not going to happen for you now.
Uh... 34 in a few months. 15 in my mind.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:33 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The difference between Gen X and Gen Y, is that Gen X figured out that there was no point in squawking about this shit, a long time ago, Gen Y are still pissing into the wind, because they haven't noticed yet that they are already over and the world has already passed them by.

Millennials are what, pushing forty now? Like, wake up, GenY, you're old already, it didn't happen for you, and it's not going to happen for you now.
Uh... 34 in a few months. 15 in my mind.
Comes up fast guy, I was 34 just the other day, never mind that, just the other day, the early to mid 90's was the science fiction future where we all died in the Nuclear Winter.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:35 pm

The years move very fast now indeed

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:41 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:The years move very fast now indeed
So, as you feel the real pace come on, you start to realize that SIFCLFing about the future is pointless, and then you just start enjoying the little things in the now, or that's what I would recommend at least.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:16 pm

THE LEFT CAN'T ME-

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:25 pm

I have to admit, even I'm intrigued by the Googleplex they are building in Toronto, not that I want to live there, but I am curious to see what it's like when they're done with it, if they were tearing something value added down to build it, that would be a travesty, but it's actually just brownfield, there's nothing there now but concrete, might as well let Google do their thing, it's a big project, it's a lot of work for a lot of years for a lot of people, so I'm not going to kick Google in the teeth for parking their money in Canader, more like cha-ching, thank you, come again.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Smitty coming out of retirement to become a Google spy.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:46 pm

DBTrek wrote:Smitty coming out of retirement to become a Google spy.
You mean on-campus, or off?

:goteam: :drunk:

Whoa, who's that old dude over there with the weird butch haircut talking into his phone?

Last edited by Fife on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Well the alternative was the government doing the development and the taxpayer paying for it, I'm not in favour of that, Google is paying the freight, and the government is not running the show, so that's my preference in the end, the Ontario government is too stupid and corrupt to be trusted with these sorts of projects, leave it to the private sector, and Google has deep pockets, so more power too them.

They're buying it, they own it, and it's up to them to sell it, I don't want the taxpayer on the hook for those sorts of things.

It's not like they're not going to have problems with it and it's not going to go massively over budget, these sorts of things always do.

But because it's a Google showcase project which they are heavily invested in, I have no doubt they will just throw Google money at it until it's done.
Nec Aspera Terrent