THE ERA OF TRUMP

K@th

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:08 pm

LOL - "My loyal and idiotic supporters - I have a very inexpensive and VERY effective way to get a handle on illegal immigration. It doesn't involve spending billions on a wall. We'll SAVE a TON of money."

Republican base: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we love big government spending for very little ROI!! BUILD THAT WALL! BUILD THAT WALL! SPEND OUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!! We are Republicans, the spendthrift party!
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:10 pm

There is no solution that will fix the entire problem, so bashing The Wall for not fixing the entire problem makes no sense. It's a team effort, many measures working in concert will reduce the problem, folks need to stop pretending the entire plan is only The Wall and nothing will accompany it, that is not the case.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:11 pm

Kath wrote:LOL - "My loyal and idiotic supporters - I have a very inexpensive and VERY effective way to get a handle on illegal immigration. It doesn't involve spending billions on a wall. We'll SAVE a TON of money."

Republican base: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we love big government spending for very little ROI!! BUILD THAT WALL! BUILD THAT WALL! SPEND OUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!! We are Republicans, the spendthrift party!
That's too complicated and nuanced, people can't follow that line of reasoning, visual mental images of the wall sell better to the base. If it didn't than Trump would have lost to Ted Cruz, yet he didn't. People don't care about the details Kath, the mental image overrides all logical concerns, Trump knew that, which is why he was vague and didn't have a detailed border security plan, and turned many oppurtunities to elaborate on just what such a plan might look like and instead focused on The Wall.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:12 pm

StCapps wrote:There is no solution that will fix the entire problem, so bashing The Wall for not fixing the entire problem makes no sense. It's a team effort, many measures working in concert will reduce the problem, folks need to stop pretending the entire plan is only The Wall and nothing will accompany it, that is not the case.
Facial recognition software will render the problem moot for all intents and purposes, every US citizen will be in the database, every authorized visitor will be in the database, and anybody who doesn't fall into those two categories will be rapidly detected and marked out for arrest.
Nec Aspera Terrent

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:13 pm

Nope - I don't want my face in a national database. "Show your papers, citizen." Errr, no thanks.
Account abandoned.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Kath wrote:Nope - I don't want my face in a national database. "Show your papers, citizen." Errr, no thanks.
It's a done deal, it wasn't a suggestion, I'm telling you what is going to happen. You won't be able to get employment without being in the database, you won't be able to do business without being in the database, so one way or the other, you'll be going in the database.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Kath wrote:Nope - I don't want my face in a national database. "Show your papers, citizen." Errr, no thanks.
It's a done deal, it wasn't a suggestion, I'm telling you what is going to happen.
Source?
Account abandoned.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Kath wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
It's a done deal, it wasn't a suggestion, I'm telling you what is going to happen.
Source?
The technology is here, it's unstoppable, people will demand it, it's like facebook, you're not gonna get a vote on it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:There is no solution that will fix the entire problem, so bashing The Wall for not fixing the entire problem makes no sense. It's a team effort, many measures working in concert will reduce the problem, folks need to stop pretending the entire plan is only The Wall and nothing will accompany it, that is not the case.
Facial recognition software will render the problem moot for all intents and purposes, every US citizen will be in the database, every authorized visitor will be in the database, and anybody who doesn't fall into those two categories will be rapidly detected and marked out for arrest.
Still need people to arrest them, and sometimes it's easier to arrest them while they are illegally crossing the border as opposed to after they are already here hiding from facial recognition software. Border security is not obsolete, as Kath suggests.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Kath wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Source?
https://www.apple.com/iphone-x/
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0