Breaking: US and Russia to announce Syria cease fire

Smitty-48

Re: Breaking: US and Russia to announce Syria cease fire

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Endurance is just a mind game, if you want it bad enough, you'll keep going.

If you follow the instructions, give maximum effort at all times, don't get cute, and don't quit, you'll pass.

The harder part comes after, in Djibouti, but by the time you get there you will already be a different man.

They start from scratch, they build you up, it is a process, you just have to let go and get with the program.

You don't have to do all sorts of special training beforehand.

Just harden your feet to running in boots, and chin ups.

In Djibouti, it's gonna be a whole lotta marching and climbing.

Soft feet, and not being able to climb the obstacles, is what brings people down.

In Djibouti they have a monster confidence course with all these diabolical obstacles, that's the big gut check test.

Again tho, it's mostly a mind game, confidence course checks for phobias; heights, claustrophobia, water, etc.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:36 pm

I'm going to try. If I get in I want to write letters to Smitty and whoever else that wants them. The odds are against me getting in so don't get your hopes up but I made up my mind. I'm going to try.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:37 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:36 pm
I'm going to try. If I get in I want to write letters to Smitty and whoever else that wants them. The odds are against me getting in so don't get your hopes up but I made up my mind. I'm going to try.
I am pretty sure you can get in. It's not MARSOC, dude.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:40 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:36 pm
You don't have to write letters, they have wi fi.

The barracks are not bad, they got all the feexins, the food is good. It's France.

The secret of the military is this; have fun. Make it fun. I loved every minute of it.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:43 pm

Just realize you are talking about a twenty year commitment still, I think. All the political shit we talk about is over too. The only politics you need to care about from day one is your unit. They don't want to hear about any of the shit we talk about.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:44 pm

No. It's a five year contract. At the end you get a big bonus can apply for a French passport.

If you're wounded at any time before the five years, you get the French citizenship automatically.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:45 pm

I don't want politics anyway. Politics are fake and gay. I want to be part of the Legion. I want to serve my brothers and never let them down. I want to be untouchable. I want a purpose.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:47 pm

Belay that. It's 5 years now. Fuck.

You should go and make sure you get the new identity when you sign up.

That's a kick ass deal, man. You could completely start over in France after five years, or just keep re-upping. You could do the 5 year thing and then just go to college or trade school in France to start over.

I bet they really like to fuck with you on the new name, though. LOL

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:52 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:45 pm
I don't want politics anyway. Politics are fake and gay. I want to be part of the Legion. I want to serve my brothers and never let them down. I want to be untouchable. I want a purpose.
They're from all over the world, so the politics very, but pretty much everybody is there to leave the civvie world behind and commit to a Spartan military lifestyle for five years, so the politics are mostly just about the Mafias, the Mafias are mostly just about hanging with your own kind on your own time.

You also get minimum 45 days of leave per year, 6 weeks of vacation.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:53 pm

You have to start running like tomorrow. Start now. Build a training plan. Get something like Convict Conditioning to work on your calisthenics, but focus more on endurance than on strength (high rep ranges at easier progressions instead of low rep ranges on difficult progressions). They don't care if you can do a one-arm push-up, but they do care if you can't do fifty standard push-ups.

Fucking non-stop hikes and runs, man. I would get something like the MARSOC training app and follow that.