Public School Education System Thread

robepriority

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by robepriority » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:02 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:That too, but unfortunately, unless you want to live a really austere, off-the-grid life, AND have a family that's willing to do the same, its basically impossible
I think things like 3D printing and automation might actually make the Jeffersonian Dream possible.
Holding it in as best I can, until I can run to the white throne.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:05 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
apeman wrote:Semi-related:

Grads from my law school class are passing around articles on facebook urging one another to stop paying their student loans as a showing of UNITY.

Proclaims one such future leader of tomorrow: "If we stop together, they cannot sue us ALL at the same time, or garnish ALL our checks." Dozens plus likes to that brilliant strategy.

This is the philosophy of selfish losers with no guts whatsoever. What is the justification? That the law degree you agreed to pay for should be free??? I really don't follow. And I was there, I saw all the vacations, fancy Apple electronics, ski passes, luxury apartments, etc. that they were buying. This isn't about free law school, this is about free everything.

/end rant
Counterpoint: The education was grossly overpriced, and there was no real alternative to find productive employment. At least, certainly not as a lawyer.
That would never hold up in court as a justification for not repaying a debt you voluntarily accrued.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:07 am

AndrewBennett wrote:That too, but unfortunately, unless you want to live a really austere, off-the-grid life, AND have a family that's willing to do the same, its basically impossible
But they have to go to public schools and be subsumed by the borg. Real cogent policy there, slick.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:11 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Ok then. Convince me that millions of Texan/Oklahoman children don't grow up without basic scientific awareness because it's politically fashionable.
How about none of your fucking business dickhead? Is that convincing? You stay out of my child's life and we can you keep you away from that lampost. Worry about your own fucking kid, make him a man, instead of trying to turn every other one into a cowardly bitch.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:50 am

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Ok then. Convince me that millions of Texan/Oklahoman children don't grow up without basic scientific awareness because it's politically fashionable.
How about none of your fucking business dickhead? Is that convincing? You stay out of my child's life and we can you keep you away from that lampost. Worry about your own fucking kid, make him a man, instead of trying to turn every other one into a cowardly bitch.
Which is the problem with a federal education system.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:54 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Yeah, so? Are my kids mine or are they property of the state?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:08 am

clubgop wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Uh, they're yours.

Justifying a federal school system to prevent children from being taught religion leads to a federal ban on any children being taught religion. That's why the left loves it.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:13 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Uh, they're yours.

Justifying a federal school system to prevent children from being taught religion leads to a federal ban on any children being taught religion. That's why the left loves it.
Indeed, unless an interfaith council of mullahs, rabbis, and priests ran a train on GCF's ass his hatred of religion seems a little fanatic.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:28 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Counterpoint: The education was grossly overpriced, and there was no real alternative to find productive employment. At least, certainly not as a lawyer.
As someone who bought into the law school hype and dealt with the crappy employment prospects post graduation, I'm not buying this. As Okee said, the shit's voluntary. There's plenty of resources out there telling you that school is overpriced and that your likelihood of getting a legal job once you graduate isn't as high as you think (take your vague alumni employment surveys and stuff em up your ass). I was warned by a few attorneys and even a judge friend of the family that it may not be such a good idea. I chose to not heed that advice as seriously as I should have.

Luckily for me, I found 'productive employment' elsewhere and I'm working to pay my obligations off. I made the bed, I have to lie in it.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:42 am

clubgop wrote:
But they have to go to public schools and be subsumed by the borg. Real cogent policy there, slick.
You have the option to home school them. I was home schooled until high school, and came in 2 grades ahead.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0