Does anyone on this forum actually care about Syria?

adwinistrator

Re: Does anyone on this forum actually care about Syria?

Post by adwinistrator » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:03 am

BjornP wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:The people not taking a stand are cowards. Why does everyone redirect their PC bull shit at other people when I'm the one saying the shit? I will never get this. On the old forum DSL took a lot of shit for things I said. Me. Direct your criticism at me ffs.
Imagine that you're in a besieged city, ND. Two sides are fighting: Communists and Progressives, one side wants to execute you if they win, the other "just" wants to keep letting you live an oppressed life, so no need to fight for either side. Your son is with you. You have the option of leading him out of the country, to safety. Do you choose to fight for the Communists or Progressives and buy your son a ticket to safety, or do you travel with your son out of the country?

The bullshit on the old forum, and Okee's bullshit, is the bullshit that:

1: That the Syrian Arab men weren't "taking a stand". Who do you think Assad and ISIS have been fighting all this time? Clue: It hasn't just been Kurds. Before Russia intervened (more directly than Western interests did), Assad wasn't doing very well against the Western backed opposition.

2: That "fighting for your home" as a Syrian meant and means getting killed by both Assad/Russia AND ISIS.

3: In other words, people seem to keep forgetting that the conflict is not ISIS versus Syria and Iraq. If no men had "taken a stand" in Syria, the Civil War wouldn't have lasted this long.

That being said, though....

Yes, the media currently is being pathetic regarding Aleppo. I have zero love for Russia, or Assad. Nor am one of those who respond to claims of Russian, Chinese or other's human rights violations with "Well, America does it, too!" (which is 98% of the time is BS, too)...but the main reason Aleppo is brought forth as such a major tragedy is primarily because we lost. Doesn't make what Russia does right. Doesn't excuse anything. But I realize the media is being played, or letting themselves get played, and trying to play me too.
100% agree on all points. All the finger wagging at the Syrian citizens is absolute bullshit. I can understand not wanting to have any involvement in this conflict, it's a clusterfuck of a local conflict, regional conflict, and geopolitical chess. From my view, the only reason for the US to get involved is to stop a group/country from gaining, which is not worth the cost of being involved (mainly blowback).

If you want to act all edgy and talk about how they should all get nuked/killed, go for it, but you're basically telling all of us that you are not a person with serious views that are worth reading.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:54 am

“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:55 am

Kind of amazing that they got a picture of him getting ready to fire at the ambassador.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:58 am

Penner wrote:
Kind of amazing that they got a picture of him getting ready to fire at the ambassador.
Indeed... His eyes aren't even fully open (unless he was blinking). Makes one wonder if he was a psychopath.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Unfortunately even if we wanted to forget about him, he's going to keep running his mouth and the media is going to keep covering him.
I saw a headline saying he's gonna coach the next crop of dem leaders. :lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am

Lets just get the US involved in something again why don't we? I mean we aren't the global police, or are we?

Do I care about what's going on... yes, do I care on an emotional level... no... I have my own family to worry about right now, and my own country... if the others want to burn around us... so be it... I'll try to keep this country running for a little while longer... or at least keeping the fire down to a low roar...
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:01 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Unfortunately even if we wanted to forget about him, he's going to keep running his mouth and the media is going to keep covering him.
I saw a headline saying he's gonna coach the next crop of dem leaders. :lol:
Obviously he'd be the next candidate, I mean he has conviction...
#NotOneRedCent

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:07 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Penner wrote:
Indeed... His eyes aren't even fully open (unless he was blinking). Makes one wonder if he was a psychopath.
I am not saying that this isn't serious but damn, I can't remember a time when someone actually took a picture of the assailant of a shooting right before he fired the gun. It's kind of bizarre and other worldly seeing something like it for the first time (or at least the first time that I can remember). We are literally seeing someone in the process of assassinating someone.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:15 am

He's at least holding the gun almost correctly.
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:21 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751