Another School Shooting

Speaker to Animals

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:02 pm

And going back to how the armed forces provide that group identity to males..

I'd guess that males in European nations where military service is mandatory don't often experience the same kind of fraternity. Your societies are still mostly homogeneous. I suspect you personally must have to only imagine what it is like living as a minority or even a plurality within your own nation (for now). So you do your military service and then go out. But once out, you are still a Dane, which means something. Danishness has a historical and cultural meaning to you still. But that meaning was robbed of us.

It doesn't really mean anything anymore to be an American. Not really. It's cheapened by mass migration. No borders. Swarms of degenerate leftists shitting all over whatever noble remains of America.

Go back to the fifties and a young boy has an identity. All his classmates share that identity. That identity is important. It means something to everybody. It is prided upon by the community. That's all gone in America. The only places you can have that anymore is in the military. Even there, Obama did his fucking very best to destroy it.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:12 pm

C-Mag wrote:
I don't think it's necessary to go dystopian prison schools. I didn't promote small government as a solution.
What I am saying is schools take responsibility for children at school, and we are not holding them responsible for shootings......... They don't get a pass with me. We should be shoving a mike in the Principal and Superintendants faces asking them why, why when they knew Cruz was dangerous why they allowed him on school property. We should be asking them what their active shooter response plan was, if it worked. We should ask why Law Enforcement failed.

Instead, the teachers support students walking out of class, pointing fingers at Constitutional Rights while the school never looks inward at themselves and their own failures.

In the Parkland case there were tons of signs on Cruz that were ignored by the school, local LEOs and Federal LEOs.
What would taking (more, better) responsibility look like/have looked like for the school and law enforcement? If the danger the teachers percieved, and the LEO's phone calls about him had been taken more seriously, what should ideally have happened? Taken Cruz in for questioning based on....what? Looking threatening and writing morbid fantasies? Demanded he go into treatment? Kept a watch on him after questioning for....how many days? And how would you know when and where to start following him? Surveillance, wire?

Right up to the excat point in time when a wannabe mass murderer, becomes a mass murderer, he has a right to freedom. I do admit it's handier to have a gun already pointing at him when he's about to draw that first gun, though. Which means surveillance...which means alot of man hours, probably by professionals. Possibly a lot of tax dollars at work.

And yeah, no one wants the responsibility. Taking responsibility can lead to lawsuits, after all... :whistle:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:14 pm

Yes Bjorn. Pity us Americans in our dystopian nightmare of a country.

Back in the 50’s we had a real strong sense of community. There were even special clubs for certain communities. Wonderful time.

Frankly I don’t know how I go a day without putting a gun in my mouth it’s so bad here. Just the other day I spoke fucking Spanish with a guy at the bar, it was humiliating.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:43 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
BjornP wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Think small, homogeneous community and you will start to get the picture.

I possibly might. So, it could be volunteer work for whoever's got the time to guard a school for 8+ hours, or half if they're taking turns? Well, one can hope there are enough grandparents and/or unemployed people who have the time for that. That's certainly cheap and non-controlling enough to qualify as a less government solution.
Okee wrote:"guarenteeing the safety of children."

:roll:
Yeah, I was referencing this: "These school shootings are a failure of government to protect the children" - part of Carlus' post.

Fun fact: we didn't need to guard schools before the immigration reform act of 1965..
Do tell.

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:47 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
BjornP wrote:
I possibly might. So, it could be volunteer work for whoever's got the time to guard a school for 8+ hours, or half if they're taking turns? Well, one can hope there are enough grandparents and/or unemployed people who have the time for that. That's certainly cheap and non-controlling enough to qualify as a less government solution.

Yeah, I was referencing this: "These school shootings are a failure of government to protect the children" - part of Carlus' post.

Fun fact: we didn't need to guard schools before the immigration reform act of 1965..
Do tell.

:lol:

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:12 am

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/292927/

See, e.g., this "assault rifle" chambered for frightening and super-ceral rimfire action. This product is squarely in the newspeak definition of "assault rifle."

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... ory=119984

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:23 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: But once out, you are still a Dane, which means something. Danishness has a historical and cultural meaning to you still. But that meaning was robbed of us.

It doesn't really mean anything anymore to be an American. Not really. It's cheapened by mass migration. No borders. Swarms of degenerate leftists shitting all over whatever noble remains of America.
This is probably one of the keys to the problems of modernity.

I suppose also one of the problems of empire, nationhood... there appears to be a lifecycle to these things with an inevitable cycle of destruction and reinvention.

How do we maintain a cultural group identity that has meaning and that maintains a harmonious social group?

I was really hoping Darryl Cooper and his sidekick were going to keep the momentum going on the Decline of the West podcast... and I guess one day I'll have to start chipping away at their reading list.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:27 am

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: But once out, you are still a Dane, which means something. Danishness has a historical and cultural meaning to you still. But that meaning was robbed of us.

This is probably one of the keys to the problems of modernity.

I suppose also one of the problems of empire, nationhood... there appears to be a lifecycle to these things with an inevitable cycle of destruction and reinvention.

How do we maintain a cultural group identity that has meaning and that maintains a harmonious social group?

I was really hoping Darryl Cooper and his sidekick were going to keep the momentum going on the Decline of the West podcast... and I guess one day I'll have to start chipping away at their reading list.

I do not believe it possible for enough men outside of military service to develop such an identity that society does not begin to disentegrate. That is what we see right now. The individualist myth does not work for most men even if they carry on pretending as if it does. This is why we now have soy boys, white knights, and manginas. No meaningful identities.

It is also why males of minority races cling to their racial identities. Society does not demonize them for it as we are demonized, and it provides them with that identity that civic nationalism fails to deliver.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:31 am

I think we really pushed the envelope with the mass European migration of the 19th and 20th centuries. Even that stretched civic nationalism to its limits. It also creates a lot of division between regional cultures. Much of the South, for example, are from the original settlers. Much of the northern cities are from late immigrants rather than settlers. The later waves have no deep connection to the nation outside their participation in wars. Wars are what gave the later immigrants a kind of blood stake in the empire, combined with a new form of identity (white).

Even that is lost now.

But it is not lost on me that the snide remarks are from folks with no deep connection to America. I live in a place that was literally settled by my ancestor. They do not have that connection. So to them, American identity (the real identity) is but a joke. Once this place is ruined, they know they can move on.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:40 am

I mean... In the Army, it doesn't matter who you are. You meet the standards and they make you part of the unit. We could possibly make it work by militarizing society.

I can tell you from experience that living in a hooch with six other dudes for six plus months will result in fights. You will hate those motherfuckers within about two months, but you will still be friends decades later.

That is a kind of identity that can work, but how do you scale that up? And consider how many men today are soft, weak, and loathed to sacrifice anything, especially their comforts?