How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Ex-California

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Ex-California » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:29 am

Eliminating state/local/property tax deductions and other itemized deductions will fuck over a lot of the middle class.

I support tax simplification but this does nothing of the sort. Instead it will complicate it more as people who are 1099 will now be forced to turn themselves into an LLC and get into all kinds of creative accounting in order to still take advantage of available deductions
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:30 am

California wrote:Eliminating state/local/property tax deductions and other itemized deductions will fuck over a lot of the middle class.

I support tax simplification but this does nothing of the sort. Instead it will complicate it more as people who are 1099 will now be forced to turn themselves into an LLC and get into all kinds of creative accounting in order to still take advantage of available deductions
Just wipe the code and start from scratch.
#NotOneRedCent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 am

The Conservative wrote:
California wrote:Eliminating state/local/property tax deductions and other itemized deductions will fuck over a lot of the middle class.

Absolutely agree.

Single page flat tax 15% for all.

And if you really had to pander to the Left to get it to pass make it progressive 5%-18% or something
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:50 am

California wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Absolutely agree.

Single page flat tax 15% for all.

And if you really had to pander to the Left to get it to pass make it progressive 5%-18% or something
Offer 10%, then negotiate to 15% don't go past 20%. Always half what you're expecting, then when they think they are getting the upper hand, you are getting what you wanted in the first place.

There are too many things out there that we can do to fix it if we are going to do a progressive tax, it needs to be on corporations of 50+ or larger. Small companies and individuals should be a flat tax.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:14 am

Don't know a lot about it but watched Tucker Carlson last night, what I heard. People in Blue States with Expensive homes (million dollar value) are going to get hurt. It was argued this is a rebalancing of the system. Right now people with modest homes basically subsidize those expensive homes.

Basically it will prevent people from righting off the High Taxes in their State.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:23 am

I guess that creates some social engineering to vote state politicians out that create high income taxes and other taxes

I’ll admit, while I like the plan on paper I’m opposed because it fucks me multiple ways

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:32 am

California wrote:I guess that creates some social engineering to vote state politicians out that create high income taxes and other taxes

I’ll admit, while I like the plan on paper I’m opposed because it fucks me multiple ways
Sorry to hear it will hurt you.
Looks like it will hurt me a little. I guess my point is that why should the Federal Government subsidize people voting for High State Taxes. I Imagine the resident of places like NY and CA are immediately going to have some big calls for the State to reduce State Taxes.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:37 am

C-Mag wrote:
California wrote:I guess that creates some social engineering to vote state politicians out that create high income taxes and other taxes

Sorry to hear it will hurt you.
Looks like it will hurt me a little. I guess my point is that why should the Federal Government subsidize people voting for High State Taxes. I Imagine the resident of places like NY and CA are immediately going to have some big calls for the State to reduce State Taxes.
While you're correct with the calls to state government aspect, not being able to deduct property and state/local income taxes is insane . You would essentially be using income that has already been taxed to pay those taxes

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:46 am

Trying to force lower state taxes... genius.

How is Kansas doing these days? Still shitty?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:08 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Trying to force lower state taxes... genius.

How is Kansas doing these days? Still shitty?

A better question to ask yourself: How's Florida's economy doing these days.\

QuickFact: The average family pays $0.00 in Florida income taxes.
http://www.tax-rates.org/florida/income-tax