Social Justice Warriors Thread

brewster

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by brewster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: I just threw down the facts for you. You had none.
"His reality distortion field is set to maximum captain,we canna penetrate!!" I just presented FACTS from the UN on the majority of aids victims being heterosexuals in Africa.

It's funny, AIDS was a godsend to homophobes, you hated gays before it came along, but now REALLY had something to crow about!
Last edited by brewster on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:24 pm

No you didn't. It didn't mention sexual orientation at all. Implying sub Saharan Africans actually have any and don't lol just fuck whatever.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:31 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:and don't lol just fuck whatever.
As opposed to East Texans. :goteam:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Mexicans?

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:No you didn't. It didn't mention sexual orientation at all. Implying sub Saharan Africans actually have any and don't lol just fuck whatever.
https://www.avert.org/professionals/hiv ... a/overview
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Well touché. I kind of doubt the surveys are accurate though. Blacks are well known for being homosexually promiscuous on the DL but not open about it as it can lead to physical harm. I remember even seeing a billboard in LA that had a ridiculous ratio for blacks being homosexual/bi and it was like 1:4. It was some sort of AIDS awareness initiative.

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Well touché. I kind of doubt the surveys are accurate though. Blacks are well known for being homosexually promiscuous on the DL but not open about it as it can lead to physical harm. I remember even seeing a billboard in LA that had a ridiculous ratio for blacks being homosexual/bi and it was like 1:4. It was some sort of AIDS awareness initiative.
I admit even I get a chuckle at the line in the graphic "gay men and other men who have sex with men".

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:44 pm

lol just saw that

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:55 pm

It's mostly men who had sex with other men.

LOTS of the infected in Africa are women, especially sex workers, and they got it from men who had sex with other men. This pandemic is driven almost entirely by men having sex with other men. It's very difficult for men to get it from sex with women. Not impossible, but not at rates that would create a pandemic.

And to avoid this garden path fallacy Brewster is attempting to engage in..

Let's go back to the original argument. It was argued to me that a "homophobe" is:
Montegriffo wrote:homophobe
ˈhɒməfəʊb,ˈhəʊməfəʊb/
noun
noun: homophobe; plural noun: homophobes

a person with an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people

To which I respond with the facts from the CDC:
The CDC reported that in 2009 that male-to-male sex (MSM) accounted for 61% of all new HIV infections and that those who had a history of recreational drug injection accounted for an additional 3% of new infections. Among the approximately 784,701 people living with an HIV diagnosis, 396,810 (51%) were MSM. About 48% of MSM living with an HIV diagnosis were white, 30% were black, and 19% were Hispanic or Latino. Although the majority of MSM are white, non-whites accounted for 54% of new infections HIV related MSM infections in 2008.[7]

In 2010 the CDC reported that MSM represented approximately 4 percent of the male population in the United States but male-to-male sex accounted for 78 percent of new HIV infections among men and 63 percent of all new infections.[22] Men overall accounted for 76% of all adults and adolescents living with HIV infection at the end of 2010 in the United States, and 80% (38,000) of the estimated 47,500 new HIV infections. 69% of men living with HIV were gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men. 39% (14,700) of new HIV infections in US men were in blacks, 35% (13,200) were in whites, and 22% (8,500) were in Hispanics/Latinos. The rate of estimated new HIV infections among black men (per 100,000) was 103.6—six and a half times that of white men (15.8) and more than twice the rate among Hispanic/Latino men (45.5) as of 2010.[23]

The CDC (2015) reported that gay and bisexual men accounted for 82% (26,375 out of 1,242,000 adults and adolescents) of HIV diagnoses among males and 67% of all diagnoses in the United States, while six percent (2,392) of HIV diagnoses were attributed to injection drug use (IDU) and another 3% (1,202) to male-to-male sexual contact plus IDU. Heterosexual contact accounted for 24% (9,339) of all HIV diagnoses.[24]

Among all gay and bisexual men with HIV infection classified as AIDS in the United States in 2015, African Americans accounted for the highest number (3,928; 39%), followed by whites (3,096; 31%) and Hispanics/Latinos (2,430; 24%). At the end of 2014, 508,676 gay and bisexual men were living with diagnosed HIV infection (53% of everyone living with diagnosed HIV in the US). Of gay and bisexual men living with diagnosed HIV, 157,758 (31%) were African American, 212,558 (42%) were white, and 109,857 (22%) were Hispanic/Latino. From 2005 to 2014 diagnoses among African American gay and bisexual men increased 22% but has increased less than 1% between 2010 and 2014. HIV diagnoses among African American gay and bisexual men aged 13 to 24 increased 87% between 2005 and 2014, but with diagnoses declining 2% between 2010 and 2014.[25]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_and_m ... mographics

Having an aversion to a lifestyle that is responsible for killing over 35 million people, with probably another 40 million now infected and waiting to die, is "irrational"?

It's obviously not irrational. Nor is it really an aversion. I just don't think it's a good idea and I definitely don't think we should attempt to normalize like the MSM attempts to do.

It was then argued that heterosexuals can transmit various diseases through sex as well. To which I responded:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Hetrosexuals also rape and spread disease. That is why it is irrational to be homophobic but not hetrophobic.
You will note I said I hate Christian homophobes and Muslim homophobes. I did not say I hate Christians or Muslims just because they have faith.
If you want to use your God to make you a better person then fine. If you want to use your God to excuse your homophobia then fuck you, you're a bigot.
If you think it is a good thing to throw rocks at homosexuals then you are no better than radical Islamist scum.

Which is why Christianity does not condone sex outside of marriage, which includes both homosexuality and heterosexual promiscuity... :idea:
Christianity is opposed to both sodomy and promiscuity for the same reason. It doesn't mean we are all perfect. I have trouble remaining celibate. I am just as guilty. But I don't get all butthurt when people say that having sex outside of marriage is bad for yourself and for society. Because it is.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:LOTS of the infected in Africa are women, especially sex workers, and they got it from men who had sex with other men.
Show proof of this theory of yours or it's just bullshit. The graphic shows 4% of the infected are sex workers.