[s]YouTube stuff[/s] cancelled

Speaker to Animals

Re: YouTube stuff

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:26 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I have had the first generation leatherman since the 1990s. Lasts a long time
For whatever reason the retainer screws backed out a little on mine. Easy fix. Also, the non finished steel parts hate salt water but gun oil keeps it in check. I need to clean mine up quite a bit with some brasso or neverdull

Mine is unstoppable, but fact is, they don't make them as strong as they did in the beginning. The multitools I get these days are cooler, but they have a definite lifetime.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Probably agree with that but my experience with multi-tools is limited to newer ones. I simply favor leatherman because that's what my grandpa used.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
American men tend to carry a multitool *and* a pocket knife, and many times a gun.
I have still got my fathers WW2 British Army machete. Stamped 1944. It's great for making kindling.
Similar to this one
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Texas just passed a law making it legal to carry a sword. I'm unsure what the practicality of that is but of course if I was asked wether I side with pro sword or anti sword legislation my sentiment would be firmly pro sword.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:52 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Texas just passed a law making it legal to carry a sword. I'm unsure what the practicality of that is but of course if I was asked wether I side with pro sword or anti sword legislation my sentiment would be firmly pro sword.

So it's basically inline with Illinois knife laws all this time.. :think:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:54 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Texas just passed a law making it legal to carry a sword. I'm unsure what the practicality of that is but of course if I was asked wether I side with pro sword or anti sword legislation my sentiment would be firmly pro sword.
Opportunity knocks,
Okeefenokee wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A huge chestnut-tree towering above the small Boker hardware-factory in the 17th century is the oldest traceable fact about the Boker family. Apparently Boker tools were very successful on the marekts, as they were ranked among the leading manufactured goods in Germany and neighboring countries hundred years later on.

Due to rising demand in a politically restless era Hermann and Robert Boker decided to start with the production of sabers in 1829. Inventories of September 1830 had already proven a weekly production of 2000 pieces made by 64 smiths, 47 grinders and a large number of workers and trainees. With a permanently growing product line of tools and cutlery and the great opportunities of global sales, the family saw the need to distribute the tasks to make the best use of their interests. So Hermann Boker emigrated to found Boker & Co. in New York, whereas the younger Robert established his company in Canada and in 1865 a branch in Mexico, being the market leaders under the name of Casa Boker until today.

Heinrich only crossed the river Wupper to go to Solingen, where the German cutlery industry was booming. Together with the well-known cutlery expert Hermann Heuser he founded Heinr. Boker & Co. in 1869.
Fucking savages!
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:54 pm

I'm unsure but I think that we still aren't allowed some automatics. Doesn't make sense to me but whatever.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:00 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I'm unsure but I think that we still aren't allowed some automatics. Doesn't make sense to me but whatever.

Yeah, that was the thing in Illinois law that sucked. You could pretty much carry any blade except for those blades Customs won't let you import without a license (automatics, ballistics, etc). The cool thing was, there were no real restrictions other than that. No length laws. No limit to single edges. If you want to carry a dagger, which is actually a decent tool to carry in a state that wouldn't let you carry a firearm, you could do that. The law was based on intent. So if you carry any kind of knife while committing a crime, you are basically fucked. If you express the intent to commit a crime, you get pinched too.

Chicago had ridiculous ordinances, of course, to disarm law-abiding people so that they can more easily get robbed by the vote plantation folk, but outside of that.. it used to be a really good state for knives. I don't know if they changed it since. The gun laws I know were changed a little. It was really bizarre how such an anti-gun state could have decent knife laws. That one never really made sense to me, but it's Illinois; if it made sense to you, then you'd be fucking nuts.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:56 am

This guy makes damascus steel from all kinds of weird stuff.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:13 am

Happy kids.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck