Social Justice Warriors Thread

Fife

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Define "homophobe".
Spoiler alert >>> no definition is incoming.

Heh. I'd love to hear that term rigorously defined.

Wish in one hand, shit in the other. Which one fills up first?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Is it like how you could be called a Christphobe?

You express a great deal of hate against those of us who are Christian all the time. I am not sure how you get off accusing anybody of bigotry. You are a pretty big bigot yourself.
Is it bigotted to hate all religions equally? I don't hate Christian homophobes any more than I hate Muslim homophobes. You are all a disgrace.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

homophobe
ˈhɒməfəʊb,ˈhəʊməfəʊb/
noun
noun: homophobe; plural noun: homophobes

a person with an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Montegriffo wrote:homophobe
ˈhɒməfəʊb,ˈhəʊməfəʊb/
noun

a person with an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people
Oh you mean germaphobe.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:34 pm

ˈhɒməfəʊb,ˈhəʊməfəʊb/
noun

So what do you call a person with an extreme and irrational aversion to Christianity and Christians?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
ˈhɒməfəʊb,ˈhəʊməfəʊb/
noun

So what do you call a person with an extreme and irrational aversion to Christianity and Christians?
Enlightened.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 pm

A Marxist

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Montegriffo wrote:

Is it like how you could be called a Christphobe?

You express a great deal of hate against those of us who are Christian all the time. I am not sure how you get off accusing anybody of bigotry. You are a pretty big bigot yourself.
Is it bigotted to hate all religions equally? I don't hate Christian homophobes any more than I hate Muslim homophobes. You are all a disgrace.

Yes. Hate is not necessarily a bad thing. You need a rational reason to hate something. There exists less rational basis to hate religions than there does to hate homosexuality (the origin of quite a lot of sexual assaults, diseases, and other ills).

If you want to play the game of listing ills of religions, then you might as well give up this virtue signaling game and stop labeling people with ridiculous newspeak terms like "homophobia". If I am a "homophobe, then you are a Christphobe. But you think it's okay to hate me, to discriminate against me, and to direct hate speech towards me.

To be clear: I don't give a shit about your hate; I am sick of your hypocrisy.

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:There exists less rational basis to hate religions than there does to hate homosexuality .
ROFLMAO

Yes, religions have ended the lives of many millions and caused others untold misery, even in just the last few decades. Gays make you feel icky. Yes, of course... Gays are far worse!!!
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm

brewster wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:There exists less rational basis to hate religions than there does to hate homosexuality .
ROFLMAO

Yes, religions have ended the lives of many millions and caused others untold misery, even in just the last few decades. Gays make you feel icky. Yes, of course... Gays are far worse!!!

AIDS.