Another School Shooting

Smitty-48

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:37 pm

Mind you, this is not to say that this sort of thing won't ever go catastrophically wrong, because in my mind I can trace a direct line between the sort of mayhem that used to go down in Petawawa, and the murders that went down in Somalia, in broad strokes, Shidane Arone was what happened when the pent up aggro went off the hook, without anything at all restraining it, in a war zone.

The Airborne Regiment went straight from the parking lot outside of Sassy's, to Belet Huen Somalia, and the aggro no longer had anything standing between it and extremis at that point.

They were jacked up to beat somebody to death, before they ever boarded the Herc. 2 Commando in particular, was like a biker gang in uniform.

And yes, there were contributing factors, yes, they were taking steroids, yes, they were given mefloquine which made them crazier than usual, but those were contributing factors, the main factor was that they had become a law unto the themselves and there was nobody reining them in.

And of course the Canadian public was shocked to the core, but nobody in the ranks in Petawawa was shocked, we were just like "aw, fuck, they finally went too far, shit is coming down for this now, on everybody", and it did.
Nec Aspera Terrent

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:03 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Mind you, this is not to say that this sort of thing won't ever go catastrophically wrong, because in my mind I can trace a direct line between the sort of mayhem that used to go down in Petawawa, and the murders that went down in Somalia, in broad strokes, Shidane Arone was what happened when the pent up aggro went off the hook, without anything at all restraining it, in a war zone.

The Airborne Regiment went straight from the parking lot outside of Sassy's, to Belet Huen Somalia, and the aggro no longer had anything standing between it and extremis at that point.

They were jacked up to beat somebody to death, before they ever boarded the Herc. 2 Commando in particular, was like a biker gang in uniform.

And yes, there were contributing factors, yes, they were taking steroids, yes, they were given mefloquine which made them crazier than usual, but those were contributing factors, the main factor was that they had become a law unto the themselves and there was nobody reining them in.

And of course the Canadian public was shocked to the core, but nobody in the ranks in Petawawa was shocked, we were just like "aw, fuck, they finally went too far, shit is coming down for this now, on everybody", and it did.
Damn dude.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:06 am

jediuser598 wrote:Damn dude.
Oh indeed, it was off the hook back in the day, gladiator school.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:13 am

How fucked up is that Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school? Heard these two clips on No Agenda.

I remember a time when 60 Minutes would have done a long exposé about what went wrong in Broward County instead of interviewing a sex worker about having consensual sex 12 years ago.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:26 am

A breathless and hysterical unhinged moral panic in progress, in America?

What else is new?
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:57 pm

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:35 pm

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:38 pm

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:49 pm

Then the US would be the only nation with an unrestricted right to bear arms and no public education.

Let freedom reign!

The shot heard round the world indeed.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:52 pm

DrYouth wrote:Then the US would be the only nation with an unrestricted right to bear arms and no public education.

Let freedom reign!

The shot heard round the world indeed.
Well, those would be some baby steps, at least.