Pedestrian Bridge Collapse, FIU, S Florida

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapse, FIU, S Florida

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:18 pm

Again, I gotta ask:

If this happens all the time, and I am sure it does, are we going to give women and minorities credit for the bridges that are still standing? Here we have a case of an inadequate private contractor getting in with politicians through financial contributions, and instead of condemning corruption, we are blaming broads.

Anything to avoid recognizing that, sometimes, evil regulations might actually be the solution.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Again, I gotta ask:

If this happens all the time, and I am sure it does, are we going to give women and minorities credit for the bridges that are still standing? Here we have a case of an inadequate private contractor getting in with politicians through financial contributions, and instead of condemning corruption, we are blaming broads.

Anything to avoid recognizing that, sometimes, evil regulations might actually be the solution.

Implying there do not already exist regulations forbidding tightening tension cables while human beings are beneath the bridge, or against erecting a God damned suspension bridge with the suspension system built last.

It doesn't matter how many regulations we have when the entire fucking system is organized around the opposite of a meritocracy.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

Implying there do not already exist regulations forbidding tightening tension cables while human beings are beneath the bridge, or against erecting a God damned suspension bridge with the suspension system built last.

It doesn't matter how many regulations we have when the entire fucking system is organized around the opposite of a meritocracy.
I meant regulations on campaign contributions.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:53 pm

Regulate yourself, Warren G.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:54 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

I meant regulations on campaign contributions.

The Democratic party is nothing but a corruption machine. All of it.

What is affirmative action if not corruption? They are awarding positions and contracts to the less deserving in exchange for votes.

It's all corruption, HM. The whole fucking party.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:12 pm

In this case, it would seem they were awarding contracts in exchange for money.

Again, if the whole thing is corrupted by affirmative action, are you willing to give women and minorities credit for the standing bridges, because, if this is happening all the time, then that means there are a lot of women and non-whites with completed projects and no deaths on their CV.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:23 pm

DBTrek wrote:Regulate yourself, Warren G.
Is this a version Ch-checkity check yo'self before you wreck yo'self?
HAIL!

-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:30 pm

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:33 pm

:lol:

HAIL!

-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Not the point I was getting to, my point is the government contracting system FAILED, and people died.
Boiling this down to about a bad contractor whether minority or not is only setting yourself up for repeating this.

I referenced the Big Dig Collapse. The Massechusetts Government went after the contractor and glue manufacturer and pretty successfully laid the blame there, but there were a half dozen Engineers, including Government Engineers that took the 5th in Court and escaped prosecution. Inspectors that were responsible for Contractor oversight escaped prosecution as well. An old Government Inspector once told me, it's the Contractors job to make money, it's Governments job to make sure they follow the contract.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience